The online racing simulator
Bikes in LFS
(14 posts, started )
Bikes in LFS
As you should know, LFS is a 'racing simulator' which means bikes should can be apart of LFS. I really think that this can really satisfy us motorbike fanatics. So if this was possible to do and the developers of this game actually decide on making this a thing (I honestly doubt this would happen) there can be different classes of bikes and atleast have 2 bikes for demo version, a 250cc and 300cc, S1 can be 600cc, S2 can be 1000cc and S3 can be bikes like the kawasaki ninja h2 etc. Thanks for reading this and feel free to leave your opinions of this in the comment section Big grin.
suggested before than LFS or any racing simulator dated on this days did exist

I do however, give +1, but then again, I do not like to see it arcade style.

in theory, bikes could be added on LFS immediately, but more updates required to implent it as best as it could be
no / cancal.
#5 - BeNoM
There was people who modding bikes into the game with their own physics and stuff, but that was 6+ years ago.

The videos of the mods are pretty cool to watch actually Smile
I liked the idea, I support motorcycles in the lfs. I think it would give a new air and level to the game.
Nice little bump there but still worthy. I've always had a "meh" opinion about bikes in sims because we don't have a proper input to control them. Now that we have VR however, it would be a tiny compromise to play with a gamepad and being on a bike over 270km/h side by side with front-brake and rear-brake & clutch axis simulated.
That would also open a new market for LFS as there aren't much serious simulations with bikes out there. I know gpbikes and mx simulator but the first feels far from a complete game while the 2nd is a motocross only sim so that would definitely fill a void and sell more licenses. Tracks like Aston, Kyoto and Westhill would suits bikes very well.

I wouldn't mind at all to see this happens even if I know the chances are slim because too much stuffs on the to-do-list.
Scawen mentioned testing bikes in LFS- and added driver ejection (for upcoming kart). I think there's a very good chance we'll see a bike in S3.
I hope he will implement this eventually =)
I knew the LFS exe in the days had some intel about upcoming karts and bikes but that was more than 10 years ago. It's nice to know it's still being considered.
Driver ejection?.. sounds great. The more dynamism the better. Smile
Quote from Skytrill :I've always had a "meh" opinion about bikes in sims because we don't have a proper input to control them.

We do actually, although it's quite expensive - same as full PC racing cockpit. Also, the standard analog controller has enough input to control the bike (leaning forward/backwards and sideways, along with accelerator/brakes and clutch); it does take a while to get used to it though and properly control the bike well enough not to crash every second corner.

Skip to 2:00

Quote from Skytrill :That would also open a new market for LFS as there aren't much serious simulations with bikes out there. I know gpbikes and mx simulator but the first feels far from a complete game while the 2nd is a motocross only sim so that would definitely fill a void and sell more licenses.

MX Simulator isn't as good as MX Bikes and GP Bikes is pretty much the same as LFS in the bike world. Limited vehicles, tracks and a small online community. Although the mod support of the game is great and heavily increases the replay value of the game.

Netbike (made by the same guy who made Assetto Corsa) is also a very advanced bike simulator, kinda sad it got abandoned very early in development.
Thanks for the link. I believe I've seen this guy in a video a few years ago with an early prototype.

I remember trying gpbikes like 4-5 years ago on the superb circuit of Phillip Island and even with an xbox gamepad that was pretty nice. Even the Motogp series from Namco on the ps2 had some decent controls in the days with rear brake, front brake inputs although the handling was more forgiving. I guess it's as far as we can go with traditional controls.
I also remember Netbike from Kunos! I had some fun as well although it was more in the prototype stage. I'm not sure I remember mx bikes. It seems Piboso is working on like 4-5 games at a time.

A cheap way to simulate a handle bar could be done using the Touch controllers of the Rift. We could clip them on a bar, the right controller could be rotated for acceleration and using the back paddle of the left hand would engage the clutch. These buttons are even pressure sensitive so a clutch could be simulated. For turning, a bar would be pretty much mandatory so both ends would go along. Leaning could be done using the HMD itself if the person is seated rather firmly. It might have been attempted already I have no clue.
kunos... existed?
I might be wrong but I think Kunos was Stefano Casillo's nickname back then when he developed Netkar Namie.
@THE WIZARD DK Its kind of like a proof of concept still.

Tbh i would like a S1000RR or some other BMW bike, because it will be easier to license.

Bikes in LFS
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG