The online racing simulator
Now if this doesn't beat all...
(11 posts, started )
On June 26th I was having a great time racing sprints at Blackwood in a Formula BMW. I believe I ended up in third in one of those races with my best lap time of 1:18.

I still can't believe this happened but I suffered a minor heart attack after that last sprint. I always had a bad valve in my heart that the doctors were monitoring for many years though no one guessed or suspected I was also suffering from coronary disease as it is rare to have both conditions. Surprise, surprise. I ended up undergoing open heart surgery having a triple bypass and valve repair. I was extremely lucky as it could have been a lot worse.

You wouldn't believe the laughter from the EMT's and other medical professionals after I told them my story. They all wanted to know whether I won or not though I indicated I needed to improve a couple of seconds on each lap to compete at that level.

After my rehab period I would like to return to racing as I enjoy it so much. Not sure when that will be as it's not up to me. Just completing one of those sprints without causing any mishaps and having lap times around 1:18 would be an accomplishment. Till then...
Man... that is some harsh thing to learn. I've read some of your posts and you seem to love LFS more than 99% of the users around here right now. If you have the Coronary Disease I'm sure they advised you to keep away from stressful situations and sim-racing might not be the most advisable thing to do up to a while.

If it can help, you might want to learn racing with a much more calm approach when you'll get back to it. If you could put yourself in a relax mental state while you're sim-racing I guess you could overcome this and still play LFS the way you like. You might consider having a device that measure your heartbeat to avoid it goes too high while you're racing. If you could get that kind of device attached to your racing wheel you would be able to monitor your heartbeat, preventing to go too high and avoid a dangerous situation. With one that would be usb and via insim, Scawen could make it part of the HUD to show it on-screen Tongue

Wish you fast recovery!
Wow, that's rough. Hope you're feeling better soon, Sylvie.
What a story and I'm sorry to hear it! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I'll be starting 2 months of rehab next week.

To see my heart rate displayed on the HUD would be a hoot! Smile
Quote from Sylvie20 :On June 26th I was having a great time racing sprints at Blackwood in a Formula BMW. I believe I ended up in third in one of those races with my best lap time of 1:18.

I still can't believe this happened but I suffered a minor heart attack after that last sprint. I always had a bad valve in my heart that the doctors were monitoring for many years though no one guessed or suspected I was also suffering from coronary disease as it is rare to have both conditions. Surprise, surprise. I ended up undergoing open heart surgery having a triple bypass and valve repair. I was extremely lucky as it could have been a lot worse.

You wouldn't believe the laughter from the EMT's and other medical professionals after I told them my story. They all wanted to know whether I won or not though I indicated I needed to improve a couple of seconds on each lap to compete at that level.

After my rehab period I would like to return to racing as I enjoy it so much. Not sure when that will be as it's not up to me. Just completing one of those sprints without causing any mishaps and having lap times around 1:18 would be an accomplishment. Till then...

hope you have a speedy and full recovery,take care
Wow! who would have thought LFS cannot only cause broken thumbs but i can cause heart attacks!
Sorry to hear this, hope you have a fast recovery.
Thanks bishtop and k_badam. Smile

k_badam... sooner or later one form of stress or intense physical activity was going to create a problem for me. It just happened to be sim racing and no one in particular "caused" my attack. You shouldn't think that you can cause heart attacks. Smile
#9 - Racon
Yeah, multi-player racing is a top-quality supply of adrenaline Smile Hope you're back in mix soon.
Wow, that was a read! Best of luck for a fast and complete recovery!
Maybe it's time for some cruise server! Thumbs up
Thanks Racon and Ripley for your support.

Cruise server? Nah! I want to race again. Smile

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG