Formula 1 Season 2016
(75 posts, started )
To me it just looked alonso's move was too close to the braking point and he misjudged how close he was to the braking point. I don't think the reason why alonso hit gutierrez was because the small line change of gutierrez but alonso simply misjudging where gutierrez is going to brake.

Overall the race was nice but it was a bit sad how hard it was to to overtake. I mean, I'll take this over the trillion meaningless drs passes no questions asked but when almost nobody even tried a move it was very much driving in a queue for the most of the time. Verstappen for example was a lot faster than sainz but had no chance to even attempt anything. Same with grosjean, hulkenberg and bottas. Only person to be passed seemed to be massa. Drs should die in a fire though.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
Veeery lucky for Grosjean, that's not where Haas will finish in the rest of the season, but fair enough, he drove a solid race. Palmer did a great job as well, he seems steady like Kovalainen, but better. The chumps of the race were Verstappen with his spin and radio antics, and especially Gutierrez. What an utter knobhead choice to move from the inside towards the side where Alonso was passing and thus causing the crash. Good thing to see Alonso plop out of the wreckage in one piece. Button's pace was very disappointing Frown.

As devil's advocate:
Grosjean held off 6 cars behind him in a pretty close proximity for the last 10-15 laps. Sure the raw pace of the Haas isn't going to get it points every week, but with a solid drive and good strategy call, it's probably just as good as the Sauber cars are. Heck even one of the Manor's was doing ok first stint.
Quote from Bmxtwins : Sure the raw pace of the Haas isn't going to get it points every week

Every 2 weeks is okay so far. ^^
Let's see the Rosberg apologists try to bullshit their way out of this one, then Big grin
Attached images
13606678_1159991950725755_6342704722376402008_n.jpg
I wouldn't put that past them Smile
Hahah, nice one! I can't believe he said he was "surprised Lewis turned". I mean...
lol
gg... Todays race was so boring
Hermanos Rodriguez is such an abomination.
Nice one Hermann
i disagree, also, tilke changed the design a tiny bit (added the stadium and upgraded a couple of the corners)
"upgraded" i'd disagree with that
not sure, the 4,5,6 complex and the esses are significantly changed and have no flow anymore. i hate those small radius (correct term?)

just compare onboarda from before and now, the middle sector is way too start-stop imo

I understand that the Esses had to be modified because runoff, but why this way?

edit: not that i liked the track that much before, but...
That race had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish Big grin, some great strategies and very close all the way through. No more words Smile
Yeah, it was great, especially the last 15 laps. I wonder what would have happened if Verstappen didn't spin in that first turn...
I don't think that's very good track design in some places. The "jump" right before one turn and something that looks like really deep "dip" into the ground, that could break cars.
Other than that it's a nice and refreshing proposition, because NOT TILKE.
interesting concept, but the elevation changes feel out of the place in most spots (the humps in the last sector for example), would present a lot of visibility issues and are just plain MASSIVE. not gonna happen
That megacamber left hander would be a blast though.
nice to see corners with actual radius too

i like that whoever did this didn't forget to copy istanbul t8 Big grin
As a Dutchy.. i have a hard time believing this will come true one day...

When The Netherlands plays soccer.. we got 17 million National trainers.. Never were the Dutch much interested in Motorsports.. but as we can be proud now once again we got 17 million Football coaches and 17 million F1 experts and enthusiasts.

Will die soon.. as people will find out its 85% car and not Max noob..

This Driver of the day thingy at F1 is a great example of this joke.. What ever max does.. even if he would shit on the starting line.. 75% of the voters come from Holland so he always wins.. :/

You know what they say about hypes...
Looks fantastic, but what are they playing at with having just that one configuration? *rolls eyes*
Very surprised for 10 seconds, but it makes sense. He's not as fast as Hamilton and it is a fact that had Hamilton's engine not blown up in Malaysia he probably would have won the title. For balance, Massa would've won in 2008 had his engine not blown in Hungary. Most deserving driver is the one with the most points - reliability is a fact of motorsport.

Another couple of years burning himself out to get close to Hamilton is probably not appealing and he ends on a high, so good luck to him.

Who will replace him though?
My money is on ocon. Although lots of finns like the idea of bottas in the merc Tongue
Pascal Wehrlein
Button will come back to Brackley IMO. Merc have got two rookies lined up for the near future, so chasing an experienced, contracted driver in his prime seems pointless in the long term.
I think it might be Perez, don't think Merc would put Wehrlein in just yet

Formula 1 Season 2016
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG