The online racing simulator
#1 - b3nz
Gameplay with an integrated GPU - what to expect?
Sup.

I'm about to buy a new laptop and there is a question holding me off to buy S3 license.

Would LFS be playable with an integrated GPU, to be more specific - HD 5000 series or Intel HD 520, paired with 5th/6th gen i5 CPU?

What should I expect, would it be playable with the settings maxed out? Most of the gameplay would be MP.

Would be nice to have some answers from those who are playing with such setups.

Thanks!
#2 - asyed
Definately could run it, 720p high settings or 1080p low-medium i think. Probably not accurate. Also, 520 and 6th gen would set you off better
Playable - yes! Maxxed out - not a chance,you will have to sacrifice some quality for better framerate,especially in Westhill and Rockingham,double especially with high numbered grids.
I don't think it will be that bad. My older laptop with í5-2540M and HD3000 can easily do over 25 FPS on Westhill with 4x AA and 8x AF at 1600x900 with nine AI drivers on the track while running LFS through WINE on Linux. Newer Intel GPUs have noticeably more power than HD3000 and LFS is not that resource demanding anyway.
Intel HD4000 (celeron g1820) 8gb ram in dual channel
1680x1050, all settings on max except AA, i have mostly over 100 fps
Forget AA, it kills fps, even 2x
HD 4600 here and able to play full hd no AA. FPS never dropped below 60, you should be fine Smile
Quote from cargame.nl :Well Celeron and i5 is quite a difference. GPU runs on half frequency. It's also no HD4000. It's just "HD Graphics".

It's not meant for gaming, only for Youtube. I think the topic starter will have no issues at all with his potential buy.

HD2000/3000/4000/5000 gen... must be one of these... ofc better gpu on more expensive (i5/i7) cpu...

celeron is ok for LFS, cpu is not bottleneck (never goes over 50% usage)

Quote from racerss :HD 4600 here and able to play full hd no AA. FPS never dropped below 60, you should be fine Smile

Agree Big grin
A dedicated GPU always recommended on 3D Applications. Intel HD530 or Iris and high-end APUs of AMD would be exceptions. Before FPS and quality you should consider on Input Lag. Because LFS is an simulation and input lag is a big issue.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG