The online racing simulator
Westhill Tourist Course
(7 posts, started )
Westhill Tourist Course
Started as something I made out of boredom, but eventually I got around to finishing it.

8,1km in length, I tried to create something a bit similar to Nordschleife and Circuit de la Sarthe, both having a track section that cuts into a smaller road.

My only problem with this layout was that I couldn't really find a better section to link the road course back into the paved track, and the chicane can be tough to handle with anything faster than an FZ5, so I'd guess it fits the road cars a bit more.

Here's a preview video around the track layout, a track map for more guidance is also in the attachments.
Attached images
WE2X_Tourist.png
Attached files
WE2X_Tourist.lyt - 1.7 KB - 402 views
Wow, this is seven years old! :o
And it is pretty close to what I was about to do to this gorgeous Westhill map.
Will download this layout and try and figure out a way to put it into some online action.

Great stuff, nikopdr! Thumbs up

That brings up a question, though. How can one make an autocross layout race ready for a field of cars?
Seven years? Thread is from 2016 Wink
Quote from Tiptoe :That brings up a question, though. How can one make an autocross layout race ready for a field of cars?

Instead of the autocross-startpoint (the one placed with "S") instead place a few of the "Start Position" objects from the control tab.
Checkpoints and finish line work the same.
And if you mean more by being race-ready, check if everything is fine and wide enough for max. 2-4 cars side-by-side and no objects are causing any potential glitches or sticking out like a sore thumb. Big grin

I'm still wondering where'd you see that this layout was 7 years old O_o
Lovely! Would be fun to race around in with a bunch of people! Smile

As for the 7 years, maybe Tiptoe mixed up Westhill and Rockingham (which incidently have been around for about 7 years, I think)?
Could be. Big grin

Did a slight update on the layout, as I wasn't really satisfied with the way the layout joins back onto the actual track.

The layout itself was extended a bit(8.1km -> 11.2km), the awkward chicane type of entry onto the track has been discarded, and instead of that, the track now leads to the road behind pits. It also includes 2 tunnels on the path now, and there is now a S-shaped bridge that connects the side road to the main track. It's much safer on the suspension than the previous solution from what I noticed during testing it.

Track map and the layout can be found in the attachments, as well as a small preview of the modified areas.
Attached images
WE_Extended.png
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
Attached files
WE2X_Tourist_Extended.lyt - 5.2 KB - 354 views
#7 - lucaf
Wow! Smile

Westhill Tourist Course
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG