The online racing simulator
Setup compatibilities between tracks?
(3 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
Do we have/has anybody listed wich track setups are compatible with each other? Of course not 100% compatible but let's say you are missing a setup for a specific track: It would be nice to have a list where you can see wich track setups are closest for the current track. For example I went driving to RO08 with XFG and found my AS3R setup working very well there.
For non-downforce cars, your setup should be very similar from track to track, with some small adjustments to damping, ARB, camber, tyre pressure, and gearing.

Downforce cars will see much larger changes, but it should still be possible to develop a setup for a variety of tracks from a common base.
On http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Tracks are drawings of all the tracks, it is good to find similiar tracks where the setups might be similiar.
Important is in my opinion:

1) Gearing. Pick tracks with similiar length of straights and similiar topspeeds.

2) Direction. (Click on the pictures at wiki to read turn numbers)
Some tracks have many turns towards the same direction:

On such tracks setups are going to use asymmetric camber & tire pressure, to turn good that one way.
You do not want to drive on a track that is excactly opposite direction as the setup.
The longer a track the more turns to both directions it tends to have, so it becomes less asymetric and 'more universal.'

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG