The online racing simulator
First start after update an "intro replay" played again, but it was not the normal FBM replay. Instead it played a hotlap replay of XFG@Blackwood (that I had appearently once downloaded.)
That is what it should do. Hopefully you found it more interesting than the other one. Smile
Quote from Scawen :You just need to set the numbers in the Range column. Move your handbrake axis to see which range it covers, and set those Range numbers to cover that range (or preferably a bit less than the range).

E.g. if the handbrake axis returns values from 5 to 1000, set the Range from 100 to 1000. Then the first bit of motion won't move the in-game handbrake at all, but the other 90% of movement will move the in-game handbrake.

The new system has far more possibilities than the old one but sometime you do have to type in a value, for these special cases.

some quick idea, maybe a small dialog will help here.
something like:
start configuration
set ur handbrake to min and press a button
after that the same for max value.
So you will have the both values thats needed. Here u could use 10% deathzone as default or as an addition option, set a slider for the deathzone.
awesome update. thanks you Smile
The first wheel loaded, and used by LFS, seems to guess right as to what is the wheel, gas, brake, clutch.

So I am wondering if it would be possible to keep track of the ff device that each axis goes with, as the wheels are added/refreshed.

If so, then the FF device number choice box should be moved next to their axis buttons. So when you select the FF Device, it automatically picks the axis that go with it. And if it guesses which is wheel/brake/etc wrong, you can then continue to manually change it.
Attached images
20160417_151558.jpg
Yes, it does seem to make sense that LFS could automatically connect the FF device to the device whose axis is selected for steering. Then there would be no need for the FF device option. I've added this to my notes. If anyone can think of a case where this would not work, please let me know.
What I was envisioning is if you clicked the FF device button, it would automatically select the 4 to 6 axis that go with it. Less button pushing. Especially when I have to setup 8 to 24 wheels.

Heck the button could be larger, and be a part of, or at least use the text from, the devices found list as well. I really wish I could go by serial number on the device so I knew what device went with what physical wheel with out having to turn each wheel... then maybe each driver name in the game could be "Saved" with a wheel memorized too it. So I just have to load a game with driver name Machine 1 Machine 2... etc... then have the wheel, monitor, and audio output device saved to it. Then if I lose power or system needs to be rebooted in the middle of a 2 hour event I do not have to spend a half hour setting it all back up again.

REALLY need something with the audio device selection. Smile But that can wait until after the VR stuff... although it might help when selecting VR audio output.

Can the wheel be programed to automatically return to TRUE center?

After a crash that needs to reset the car, or reset the race, kids often have the wheel rotated 360 degrees when they start, thinking the wheel is straight on, but its not.. sot hey go slamming sideways into the wall or other cars. This may also be required for VR!!! as someone may have the wheel upside down but it might feel right with out looking at it.

So, maybe something like...

If race restarts - wheel to center
If car resets - wheel to center

Once the Audio and Wheel selection is setup right, and I get the trailer built to haul the simulators around, I can finally start doing simulator events. The image is of the current trailer concept that I hope the trailer builder can actually build.
Attached images
Resized.png
Can't you write an InSim applicatie that sends a signal to your wheels once a race ends/restarts?

I wouldn't want that on my wheel, and I think others wouldn't either. I do understand the purpose for you though.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Once the Audio and Wheel selection is setup right, and I get the trailer built to haul the simulators around, I can finally start doing simulator events. The
image is of the current trailer concept that I hope the trailer builder can actually build.

I want to help and hope that I can do something at some point this week.

For now, I have a few questions but it's going a bit off topic so I've started a new thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89440
I am having the time of my life right now. Excellent support for the Oculus 1.3 Runtime, running on an i7 6700k + R9 390X on Windows 10 (14316).

If this video is somehow inappropriate due to the unsupported modifications I have done to my game client I have no problems with removing the video link from my post.

Thanks for this VR experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvX35KfXao
There is a new and somewhat redundant confirmation prompt when trying to ESC out of Options->Controls menu. It looks like it is left there from internal testing or something. Definitely gets in the way of quick and minor control adjustment (after changing car for example).
It started to appear sometime after N3 test patch.
Quote from Nilex :There is a new and somewhat redundant confirmation prompt when trying to ESC out of Options->Controls menu. It looks like it is left there from internal testing or something. Definitely gets in the way of quick and minor control adjustment (after changing car for example).
It started to appear sometime after N3 test patch.

You can now assign Esc key to a button, the confirmation is to avoid exiting by just checking that button.
Maybe, if there's enough space in the settings, we could have a screen/list of confirmations and we could choose when and where we want to confirm settings (like controller setup, exit confirmation etc.)? Smile
Quote from Whiskey :You can now assign Esc key to a button, the confirmation is to avoid exiting by just checking that button.

Let it be checked then, and exited. I think people can survive that one exit the first time. But looking at the prompt every time to exit the menu costs much more time than it saves. Besides, what about people who don't use controllers at all and the only ESC is on their keyboard? Doesn't make sense at all for them switch to mouse just to be able to shut down the prompt (or swing the hand to the other side to hit Enter) Smile
I'm on your side, I just explained why it started happening now. I don't see exactly why it is really necessary, but as I don't tinker too much on that settings it doesn't bother me.
I think the same as you guys Smile
There's either something weird in my DFGT's detection, or it's me who hasn't got it clear yet.

It shows a 4th axis as "clutch", but DFGT only has 2 pedals, and 3 axis (steer, throttle and brake, all correctly detected).
Where does this extra axis come from?

Got LFS working on the Vive! Thanks for supporting it! I just had one problem.. I often notice something like double vision when I move my head. Is it normal? I do not have any tracking issues with my vive in any games. The game is running at 90 fps too.
Quote :Controllers may be plugged in and detected after LFS is started

I tried this with my G27. It detected it after I hit refresh but the wheel was near impossible to move.

One thing that would be nice would be the ability to calibrate a wheel, whilst on a server, without having to join first. Joining with an uncalibrated wheel has always caused it to go into a motorised spasm before shift + o is quickly entered. If you go to options when spectating, it is reading the input of the spectated car. Perhaps an option to calibrate the wheel from the pit screen/options button in the pit screen?
Quote from englishlord :I tried this with my G27. It detected it after I hit refresh but the wheel was near impossible to move.

One thing that would be nice would be the ability to calibrate a wheel, whilst on a server, without having to join first. Joining with an uncalibrated wheel has always caused it to go into a motorised spasm before shift + o is quickly entered. If you go to options when spectating, it is reading the input of the spectated car. Perhaps an option to calibrate the wheel from the pit screen/options button in the pit screen?

You need to Alt+Tab after detecting the wheel. The profiler doesn't fully load its configuration until a game windows gets focus.

If the wheel makes a sudden move it is because it is beyond the steering range. For me it happens if I have the wheel turned a lot, minimize the game and reduce the degrees in the profiler, returning to the game causes a spike in the FFB to force the wheel to enter the new range.
I don't remember having this issue caused by not cablibrating the wheel before.
Quote from Whiskey :You can now assign Esc key to a button, the confirmation is to avoid exiting by just checking that button.

Even before the patch I had on my notes to disable this warning if the actual ESC key is pressed. But it was too close to patch day, and I knew there would be a complication, because the assigned buttons do a fake key press. Do you think it would be fine if the warning only came up if an assigned controller button to ESC was pressed, and not the real key? It is extremely annoying when you are jumped out of that screen by mistakenly pressing the controller button assigned to ESC, so there is a good reason for this feature.

Quote from Ripley :There's either something weird in my DFGT's detection, or it's me who hasn't got it clear yet.

It shows a 4th axis as "clutch", but DFGT only has 2 pedals, and 3 axis (steer, throttle and brake, all correctly detected).
Where does this extra axis come from?

Your drivers are (falsely?) reporting the existence of at least one slider axis so it has the Slider 1 that, on some other Logitech wheels, is used for a clutch axis. It would be possible to specifically exclude this for that specific wheel. But it's not really a problem, I think. You can unassign that axis if it annoys you. Smile

Quote from bfedorov91 :Got LFS working on the Vive! Thanks for supporting it! I just had one problem.. I often notice something like double vision when I move my head. Is it normal? I do not have any tracking issues with my vive in any games. The game is running at 90 fps too.

I don't know why you are seeing double vision effect. Normally when I have seen something like that, it was in a debug version or in some kind of view that caused the frame rate to go lower or half (e.g. in SHIFT+U mode, looking at the whole world). Is it any different if SteamVR is running or not running?

Quote from englishlord :I tried this with my G27. It detected it after I hit refresh but the wheel was near impossible to move.

As Whiskey said, with Logitech wheels you need to refocus LFS once after plugging in the wheel, e.g. with ALT+TAB or by clicking on another window and back to LFS. Annoying but at least you don't need to restart LFS.

Quote from englishlord :One thing that would be nice would be the ability to calibrate a wheel, whilst on a server, without having to join first. Joining with an uncalibrated wheel has always caused it to go into a motorised spasm before shift + o is quickly entered. If you go to options when spectating, it is reading the input of the spectated car.

This should be fine now. It was fixed so when you are in the controls screen you see your own axes, not those of the viewed car.
Quote from Scawen :Even before the patch I had on my notes to disable this warning if the actual ESC key is pressed. But it was too close to patch day, and I knew there would be a complication, because the assigned buttons do a fake key press. Do you think it would be fine if the warning only came up if an assigned controller button to ESC was pressed, and not the real key? It is extremely annoying when you are jumped out of that screen by mistakenly pressing the controller button assigned to ESC, so there is a good reason for this feature.

Yes, I don't think anyone has ever pressed the Esc key by mistake in that screen. For the controller button it is nice to have it.
Some random notes on virtual keyboard:
-It does not work for saving replays (entering file name.. press button but virtual kb does not come up)
-In some menus you first have to activate the virtual kb and then press the button.
(For example editing F-key binds)
That 'trick' does not work everywhere because sometimes the virtual kb blocks the textfield, making it unreachable to clicking.
(For example join-server dialog)
-When on track, does the virtual kb button have any other use beside typing chat messages? If not, virtual-kb button could also open the chat dialog. (One buttonpress instead of two)

(No idea how critical those actually are with a vr headset, since I do not have one. I clicked with mouse, not with "vr click". Just after update I found that function mapped to a wheel button)
Quote :You need to Alt+Tab after detecting the wheel. The profiler doesn't fully load its configuration until a game windows gets focus.

Quote :As Whiskey said, with Logitech wheels you need to refocus LFS once after plugging in the wheel, e.g. with ALT+TAB or by clicking on another window and back to LFS. Annoying but at least you don't need to restart LFS.

Cheers!

Quote :This should be fine now. It was fixed so when you are in the controls screen you see your own axes, not those of the viewed car.

Nice one Smile
Any tips on getting better image quality Scawen on the Vive? I see alot of aliasing in the distance, like a shimmmering effect. I tried settings dsr to maximum, didn't seem to make a difference.

What about clamp/allow options? Any tips?
This thread is closed

New version 0.6P - Updates in VR and controller support
(95 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG