The online racing simulator
Why the elitism?
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Lyen
Why the elitism?
Why is the lfs community so elitist? It's the only thing putting me off upgrading.
What do you mean?
Upgrade, and join the elitist brigade! Rofl
(just kidding!)

Seriously, what do you mean?
#3 - Lyen
Like. Everything I seem to find is people who look down on demo users (And a small bunch look down on s1 too. Along with the thread "Limit demo use" that kinda broke the XF GTI steeringrack for me)
Its more or less being exposed to years and years of users demanding this and that when they haven't really contributed to the community at all.

There are various way a user can contribute, right? They help the devs by buying licenses. Maybe they can produce content for users (skins, setups all sorta stuff). Then there are user who make apps and programs. Or they can be just

Then there are those who play the game for years and years and demand all sort of content, whining about this and that and being a general PITA without even getting a license. Users get fed up on them easily.

Mind you, new users, may it be demo or licensed, are generally treated nicely if they are polite and speak coherently! Big grin

Just my two cents mate.

Hopefully see you around on track! *waves*
Quote from Lyen :Like. Everything I seem to find is people who look down on demo users (And a small bunch look down on s1 too. Along with the thread "Limit demo use" that kinda broke the XF GTI steeringrack for me)

When I get into this game, I found some good friends here, so I wouldn't agree.

People are different, and if you judge the community by what people post on forums... You could find opposites and there are always discussions (not so productive sometimes though) revealing diversity of views here.

And tbh, a lot of people (including myself at times) just mess around being bored Smile

"Limit demo use" shows how desperate are people for new content coming up with such a controversial proposal.

What should you think about is your expectations of racing activity, because these days S2 (and S3) servers are even emptier than Demo at times.
#7 - lfsrm
Quote from Lyen :Why is the lfs community so elitist? It's the only thing putting me off upgrading.

The best way to shut elitists mouth, is to beat them on a fair race, they will probably rethink how to treat demo users after that. Petals

But you have to practice alot... Uhmm
Quote from Lyen :
Thanks to nigtherig for sliding it out around a corner for me :>

Isn't he implying that someone else made a screen on XRT? Skin preview program allows skinning any car. Never enough conspiracy here Wink
He himself has said that he has S2...
People who post content that they obviously shouldn't have access to, or who make demands that they have no right to deserve all the derision they get.

That's not elitist - it's a very basic human reaction to a lack of respect. Shrug

Why the elitism?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG