The online racing simulator
(60 posts, started )
Quote from cargame.nl :I guess the mobile phones are also offered for a lower price in Turkey and Algeria which is total bullshit. Nonsense argument; I cannot pay for it so I am allowed to steal it.

Well Like I said if the phone was stole from outside or refurbished they can cute out the price, but the official distributor with official phone and warranty etc is even more expensive than the euro or US price, because of the import and various taxes fees, and phones are considered like an important object nowadays which worth sacrificing 2 or 3 month of salary, but I dont know many who can own + 150$ phone beside rich guys.

And about the "steal nature" of the softwares piracy, it's a infinite debate, but I personally think that the software are sold like an right to use for limited/unlimited amount of time, by pirating you're not stealing a property from another person but a right to use, and since a software can be purchased or downloaded infinite number of time, I don't think an no potential consumer are doing any harm to the developers when they screw around with the software.

I can't explain the thing clearly with my english, you will probably not get my point.
The illegal scene is huge in that area. Top Gears trip to Albania got into trouble suggesting that stolen cars seemed to turn up there.

The facts are clearly, absolutely, completely different.....Rofl

"A Macedonian government minister has been told she may be driving around in a car stolen from former England captain David Beckham.
Police suspect interior minister Gordana Jankulovska’s BMW X5 may have once belonged to Beckham before being stolen from the mean streets of Madrid last year.
Macedonian police impounded the car after it was imported from Greece and, under state law, it became the property of the Former Yugoslav Republic after officials ruled it had been imported illegally."

"The well-dressed man being driven in a luxury Mercedes certainly didn't raise suspicion on December 20 when he reached the northern Greek border station of Christalopigi.

After all, he was the Public Order Minister of neighboring Albania, Spartak Poci, making an official visit to Greece to meet his counterpart here, Michalis Chrysohoidis.

Greek custom authorities, however, dutifully inspected the minister's car.

As private Greek television station Mega TV reported Sunday, the authorities discovered that Poci's car was stolen property and the vehicle was immediately confiscated."

What hope does LFS have to not be pirated ??
LFS should be the only one to provide servers, this would prevent having cracked servers and this would fund the "master server".
there are some problems with that solution MrSam:
- who will pay for those servers?
- who would create servers for tournaments for example?
- private servers with password...who would manage that?
- What about Local Servers?
I imagine what they did is analyze all traffic going to master server, understand it, replicate a master server this way and redirect DCon to their hacked master copy.

A solution to this would be implementation of a new protocol ( not from scratch, but with enought modifications to actual one ) and with all the stablishment communication cyphered.

I understand with that solution, the load on master server would increase a bit, as it should cypher and decypher lot of messages ( like getListServer, signUpHost, joinHost, unlockAccount, etc ), but It would allow us to keep running our own servers and stop cracked ones.

I hope Scawen will do this, or any other anticrack measures, for the next big patch ( the one with tyre physics )

By the way, and in my personal opinion, this post has become in a big advertisment to anyone who want to join into the cracked lfs world, I think you shouldn´t have posted that list here, but just my 2 cents.
Encrypting master server traffic would be great (or updating existing scheme?). It solves the problem while LFS loses no features.
-
(Chag16) DELETED by Chag16
Quote from Chag16 :LFS could develop new function - self checking if its found on LFS master server and is it accessible to other players. This process could happen after some time, example each 30mins. If Dcon checks that the server isnt found on master server, and other players cant connect to it - Dcon automaticly shuts it self down, sending information about server to devs. Maybe it could start cheching process for servers who has more than 5 players in it. It would maybe solve private server problem, for players who play on LAN without port forwarding.

Devs lost more time for coding than cracker does patch (remember ip-patch, skin-patch, cheats)
Right way is monetization of contents as DLC

(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG