The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6N7
(135 posts, closed, started )
Test Patch 0.6N7
EDIT : Official Version 0.6P is now available!
https://www.lfs.net/patch-6p

WARNING : THIS IS A TEST

NOTE : THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS OR ANY NEW CONTENT

PLEASE TEST BEFORE YOU POST

PLEASE AVOID : OFF-TOPIC FEATURE REQUESTS / UNRELATED COMMENTS

Hello Racers,

Here is a new TEST PATCH : 0.6N7

- Support for the new Oculus 1.3 software and Rift CV1
- OpenVR support updated to 0.9.19
- Various improvements to controller support (see below)

0.6N7 is fully compatible with 0.6N

- You can connect online with 0.6N
- You can play replays from 0.6N

You cannot upload hotlaps made with this test patch because it is only a test patch, not an official patch.

Please keep a backup of your LFS.exe from 0.6N so you can easily go back if there are any problems.

Changes from 0.6N6 to 0.6N7 :

Translations :

Many translations updated. Thank you translators!

VR :

Default HUD field of view is now 70 degrees / HUD distance 0.5m
Improved centralisation of one-eye monitor view on desktop window
Auto-updater is avoided in VR mode and helpful options are offered
Crosshairs are always visible when watching a training replay

Changes from 0.6N4 to 0.6N6 :

VR :

Fixed an error in calculation of Rift's vertical FOV
The intro replay is avoided if LFS is started in VR mode
LFS now pauses and hides crosshairs when Rift focus is lost
OpenVR support updated to 0.9.19

Controllers :

RGT wheel should now be identified as a Thrustmaster

Misc :

Added left and right arrows to the "Look function" option
Music in setup screens is no longer enabled by default

Changes from 0.6N3 to 0.6N4 :

Controllers :

Controllers with 5 axes now default to combined brake / throttle
Combined brake / throttle axis now defaults to correct direction
Automatically set Clutch setting to axis if wheel has clutch pedal
Automatic preset is now attempted on first of multiple controllers
Controller screen in game now shows correct pedals and steer gauge
New joystick look mode using two axes to control look direction
Arrow keys can now be assigned to wheel buttons (default D-pad)
Default 900 degrees turn for Logitech G25 / G27 / Driving Force
Attempted reasonable presets for Thrustmaster and DFGT wheels
A scroll bar appears if there are more than 16 available axes
Removed axis calibration system that had various problems
You can now type in the active range of an axis function
Typed range can exceed input range to reduce axis effect
Look Roll axis function now has a full 360 degree range

Changes from 0.6N2 to 0.6N3 :

VR :

Rift headphones are now used for sound output (default setting)
Rift remote can now be used for click / escape / virtual keyboard
Improved appearance of top row (ESC / F keys) of virtual keyboard

Controllers :

Controllers may now be plugged in and detected after LFS is started
Refresh button to detect controllers in Options - Controls screen
Controllers are now sorted (not dependent on order of connection)
Separate controller type setting for with / without controllers
Automatic controls assignment for various game controllers
Warning when you press ESC to exit controller setup screen
Button functions are now easier to see when in car

Fixes :

Axis names were previously displayed wrongly in Options - Controls
It was possible to enter a state where chat box could not be opened

Changes from 0.6N to 0.6N2 :

VR :

New LFSRiftVR DLL supports Oculus 1.3 software
IPD slider movement is now detected and message displayed
Now correctly handles CV1's different up and down FOV values
User can now cause LFS to exit through the Oculus software

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :

A FULL version of LFS 0.6N must already be installed

To install the PATCH using the SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE :

1) Move or save the patch into your main LFS folder
2) Double click the patch to extract it to that folder
3) When you see "Confirm File Replace" select "Yes to All"
4) Now you can start LFS in the normal way

NOTE : You can see if the patch is correctly installed when you run
the program (LFS.exe). At the bottom of the entry screen : 0.6N7

DOWNLOADS :

EDIT : Official Version 0.6P is now available!
https://www.lfs.net/patch-6p

PATCH 0.6N TO 0.6N7 (SELF EXTRACTING ARCHIVE) (if you already have 0.6N) :
www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_6N_TO_6N7.exe (1.3 MB)

PATCH 0.6N TO 0.6N7 (ALTERNATIVE ZIP) (if you already have 0.6N) :
www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_6N_TO_6N7.zip (1.6 MB)
hey Smile do you guys have an approximate time till the next big update?
No, I'm just doing a bit more on VR then back to the tyre physics. Meanwhile, Eric is working on a new track. No time estimates for these.

EDIT: but -> bit - thanks loopingz Smile
Cool. Can't wait to test it on a CV1.

Scawen a "bit" more...
was it a "byte" more ? Big grin
professional deformation as we say in France

Hope VR guys are enjoying Scawen's efforts !

NB : as always, do not fear to share some screenshots of Eric's work Thumbs upCool
After some struggle to get runtime 1.3 running with my old cpu, lfs now runs with my DK2! Thumbs up

(I have some positional tracking issues, but that has nothing to do with lfs but rather with my hardware. I have this with other VR games too and also with the older runtimes)

One question though Scawen. The IPD slider is a great feature for the consumer version, but how did you solve the issue for yourself that it is not possible anymore to set the IPD in software for DK2?

Quote from Flotch :Hope VR guys are enjoying Scawen's efforts !

Definitely!Big grin
Quote from just2fast :
One question though Scawen. The IPD slider is a great feature for the consumer version, but how did you solve the issue for yourself that it is not possible anymore to set the IPD in software for DK2?

I see you have a CV1 now?!
Yes, Oculus did kindly send me one. Smile

I've written a few comments on reddit
-
(memes2) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(memes3) DELETED by Scawen : spam
#9 - Abone
im on my work i cant test 6N2.i dont know if everyone talk about this problem in 6N,but sometimes in online practice i cant writing in chat, i press "T" and LFS dont open box for writing menssage,just after relog i can writing again.i dont remember if this happen after press shift+S,shift+P or press any key by mistake.
Quote from Abone :im on my work i cant test 6N2.i dont know if everyone talk about this problem in 6N,but sometimes in online practice i cant writing in chat, i press "T" and LFS dont open box for writing menssage,just after relog i can writing again.i dont remember if this happen after press shift+S,shift+P or press any key by mistake.

or did it happen when you pressed CTRL + SHIFT !?!
Happens to me a lot, since im checking people usernames, just press the same combo again and all good
Quote from BADLVBOY :or did it happen when you pressed CTRL + SHIFT !?!
Happens to me a lot, since im checking people usernames, just press the same combo again and all good

is possible i pressed CTRL+SHIFT, i dont remember.i still on my work.later i have to try CTRL+SHIFT,thank you.
-
(killafilla) DELETED by killafilla : wrong quote.
Quote from Abone :im on my work i cant test 6N2.i dont know if everyone talk about this problem in 6N,but sometimes in online practice i cant writing in chat, i press "T" and LFS dont open box for writing menssage,just after relog i can writing again.i dont remember if this happen after press shift+S,shift+P or press any key by mistake.

Hello ") same problem here, whenever this problem comes i restart the game immediately Fap
Is this a new thing you are talking about? Or an old issue? If anyone can find out how to make it happen, I will fix it.

Quote from killafilla :Hello ") same problem here, whenever this problem comes i restart the game immediately

It seems unlikely that you need to restart LFS. It sounds like CTRL or SHIFT is 'stuck' down so pressing one of those keys will get you out of the bugged state?

If this is a bug, there must be something that happens before this bug comes up. That's what we need to know...
Quote from Scawen :Is this a new thing you are talking about? Or an old issue? If anyone can find out how to make it happen, I will fix it.

It seems unlikely that you need to restart LFS. It sounds like CTRL or SHIFT is 'stuck' down so pressing one of those keys will get you out of the bugged state?

If this is a bug, there must be something that happens before this bug comes up. That's what we need to know...

well, I tried the CTRL and SHIFT bottoms also with T and all bottoms, and in randomly way too, but that bug not showed out yet.
Quote from cargame.nl :I can easily reproduce this report; https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89368-pit----chat----join

Thanks, good find. Pit then press ENTER and T at about the same time, that gets you into the state where T no longer starts a message box.

I see why this happens and should be able to protect against it. I wonder what other cases could cause the same problem. It seems a bit unlikely that every time someone got this bug, then had pressed ENTER and T at the same time in the garage...

I'll try to fix it in a way that fixes all cases, but would like another test case to check it.

Quote from BADLVBOY :or did it happen when you pressed CTRL + SHIFT !?!

I think these are different bugs.

I think Abone's one is the same as the one above, something to do with unexpectedly terminating a chat box. The chat box does not exit properly and then LFS doesn't allow you to open a new one.

BADLVBOY I think that is a case where LFS somehow has not noticed that the ctrl or shift key is no longer pressed. It shouldn't be possible normally but I would like to know how to make it happen!
OK, I've fixed that in a way that should handle all possible ways that could happen (the state where you can't press T to start a chat box, because a previous chat box was incorrectly terminated).

If you find any other ways to reproduce it, do let me know and I'll check that it is covered by the new fix.

Thanks.
I've been working on controllers.

Forced by the Rift updates (trying to make LFS suitable for Oculus Store) but beneficial to everyone who has a controller.

LFS must start up already in game controller mode, if a game controller is attached. That will be default behaviour and of course you can switch it off using the usual option (mouse / kb - wheel / js). But now, internally, there will be two of those options. One for when you have no controller attached and one for when your controller is attached.

So in the next patch, LFS can be in mouse / kb mode when your wheel is not attached, and if you start next time with a wheel, then it will be in wheel / js mode. Also now you can connect your controller while LFS is already running and you can click "refresh" in Controls Options and it will load the correct assignments file (misc\*.con) previously only loaded at startup. No need to restart LFS to connect your controller.

Also I must make LFS more intelligently set up the controller (axes and buttons) the first time it is seen. To help me with this, if you have a console type controller, please could you report to me the button numbers you see in LFS, if only that one controller is attached?

EDIT: This is the information I need:

1) The number seen in LFS for each of the buttons
2) Which axis name (in LFS) relates to which analog joystick axis / analog trigger
3) Which direction is + or - (in LFS the axis display moves right with positive movement)
4) The exact name and type of controller as seen at the top right in title colour text

I have an XBox One controller so don't need this information for that one. It would be useful to have this for another XBox controller or Logitech controllers, or any others in common use.

Thanks
Attached images
controls_lfs.jpg
today i try reproduce this bug after happen again. i trying very times like before(shift+p and enter really fast) and i can open chat again without any problems. i think is "because a previous chat box was incorrectly terminated", this looks like when i leave server really fast, i try join in other server and LFS saying "name in use" , i cant join before restart LFS or waiting some minutes.

sounds good you working in controllers Wink
I have an Xbox 360 controller. The driver (plug-n-play and offical microsoft driver) does not support separate axes for the L/R triggers, but someone has created a 3rd party program to solve that issue. This seems to be the homepage for the project: http://vba-m.com/forum/thread-668.html.

Perhaps the dev for this program can help you out with this project as it seems his program supports most controllers.

Anyways, here is the Xbox 360 controller on Win7 running .6M

L/R triggers: RY axis shared
L stick up/down motion: x axis
L stick left/right motion: y axis
R stick up/down motion: none
R stick left/right motion: z axis

a: 0
b: 1
x: 2
y: 3

L button: 4
R button: 5

select: 6
start: 7

L stick click: 8
R stick click: 9

dpad up: 32
dpad right: 33
dpad down: 34
dpad left: 35
I just did the test with a PS3 controller using the popular driver Better DS3 (Xinput preset):

L-Stick up X Axis -
L-Stick down X Axis +
L-Stick left Y Axis -
L-Stick right Y Axis +

R-Stick up Z Axis -
R-Stick down Z Axis +
R-Stick left RX Axis -
R-Stick right RX Axis +
L-Trigger axe RY Axis +
R-Trigger axe RY Axis -

Circle 1
Square 2
Triangle 3
L1 4
R1 5
Select 6
Start 7
L-Stick 8
R-Stick 9

D-pad Up 32
D-pad Right 33
D-pad Down 34
D-pad Left 35

No other controllers were plugged during the test.

I find it weird that the numbers are so high on the D-pad but I end-up with the exact buttons on the D-pad of my old Xbox1 controller so I guess it's normal.
Quote from Skytrill :I find it weird that the numbers are so high on the D-pad but I end-up with the exact buttons on the D-pad of my old Xbox1 controller so I guess it's normal.

IIRC the original Xbox controller reports seperate axes for the left and right triggers, so it might be worth supporting it. Do you still have one laying around to share the values?

Edit: Actually, I doubt the driver support is still there for that controller. And if someone goes through the trouble to get it working (XBCD 1.08, 2012), configuring the controls in LFS is no big deal.
Are PS4 controllers plug and play? If so, I'll be able to report their numbers and assignments later on this evening if nobody else has by then.
Thank you for the info, bobloblaw and Skytrill.

Interesting that they are nearly the same as the XBox One controller. Mine (using default drivers) does have the triggers on two separate axes. The right stick is the same as Skytrill's PS3 controller (it does have up/down).

Please can you tell me the text description shown at the top right of the controls options screen (the controller name and type of controller, in title colour, default yellow).

Thanks EeekiE, that would be good and does anyone have a Logitech game controller?
I have multiple controllers, separate pedals and wheel, sometimes when I connect them in different order (wheel first or pedal first) or into different usb ports, button numbers and axis change, so I have to remap everything, can it be somehow fixed?
I have seen it in other games (Euro truck sim 2) where its working, controllers there have unique identifier or someting like, so they never change no matter how they are connected
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6N7
(135 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG