The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6M2 (now M9)
(168 posts, closed, started )
Here's a siren demo video we just recorded:

Just one bug we found, if you do '/cansiren user 0' whilst someone has a siren on, their siren does not turn off on its own.
Quote from Bose321 :So if I understand correctly the host has to allow a guest to use a siren, but the server can't turn on the siren for the user, correct?

Correct, the guest must turn it on himself.

Quote from pik_d :I imagine if you do /cansiren username 0 it will turn it off.

Edit: Apparently this doesn't work.

Correct, that doesn't work.

Quote from Gutholz :The /cansiren command did not for me.
I start server via "Multiplayer" - "Start new host"
Then entered:
/cansiren gutholz 0
which gave: "User name is not valid"
(/spec command worked)

Siren itself works. wub wub wub. Ya right

If you start a non-dedicated host, then the host is the one user who you cannot give permission to use a siren.

The host always has permission. Smile
Would it be hard to implement the doppler effect for horns/sirens now?
yes
Might be pushing our luck...

Would it be possible to have /siren=super or something, just so we had 3, for like a bull horn or a piercer siren?

Please dont hate Tongue
Quote from mbutcher :Here's a siren demo video we just recorded:

Just one bug we found, if you do '/cansiren user 0' whilst someone has a siren on, their siren does not turn off on its own.

Thanks for the test. Smile

Bug noted.

Quote from Flame CZE :Would it be hard to implement the doppler effect for horns/sirens now?

That was already on my notes, I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm not sure how easy or hard it is, but it would be nice.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Might be pushing our luck...

Would it be possible to have /siren=super or something, just so we had 3, for like a bull horn or a piercer siren?

Please dont hate Tongue

Since you can use a horn at the same time as a siren, there is no need for this. Try using your horn at the same time as a siren Wink
Omg omg omg
very nice addition Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :
InSim :

New ISS state flags to notify if local PC is in dialog / text entry
New packet SMALL_LCS - set local car switches (lights, horn, siren)

I love you Heart
Nice work. Smile

Just noticed something, every time I use the horn 1 it starts at randoms moments, not at the start of the sound. Like if it was looped (but muted if not used).
Remember it's one step closer to safety cars, Dave! Big grin
Quote from Bose321 :I think cruise servers will love this. Smile

Not especially for cruise, I think it can be used for pace car/tow truck on races Wink
@ doppler effect
Quote from Scawen :That was already on my notes, I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm not sure how easy or hard it is, but it would be nice.

+ tyre squeak please
Quote from cargame.nl :You need to be on the track with a car. /cansiren doesn't work while somebody is in spectate mode.

Thanks, fixed this now and also /cansiren username 0 switches off a siren.

Quote from cargame.nl :But why is the siren being supported by a /siren= command and flash isn't? Notice: /docs/Commands.txt has not been updated yet. I understand /siren= because people don't necessarily need to activate an InSim. But with the flash thing they still need to. Thats kinda weird for my brain to understand.

Flash is just the headlight flash that has always been in LFS.

It's more like the horn, just a temporary thing, not something you normally switch on and leave on for a while.
Just wondering Scawen it would be possible to make an option to enable/disable the virtual keyboard for the VR stuff? Rather than it being constantly binded to 'Backspace'?
Sorry to double post, when I try script the following:

/button 13 reverse

It sets "VR Click" under the "Buttons 2" menu to that button. Even if I delete the assignment and run /button 13 reverse again, it is set to VR Click?

Any idea if thats a bug or something I am doing wrong?
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Just wondering Scawen it would be possible to make an option to enable/disable the virtual keyboard for the VR stuff? Rather than it being constantly binded to 'Backspace'?

Thumbs up
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Just wondering Scawen it would be possible to make an option to enable/disable the virtual keyboard for the VR stuff? Rather than it being constantly binded to 'Backspace'?

I don't see any problem with it as it is now, after the changes made in M8 which were supposed to fix any issue there was with the backspace key. For me to consider any more changes, I would need to understand what problems it is causing, or what it would allow you do do if it was changed.

Quote from RacerAsh3 :...when I try script the following:

/button 13 reverse

It sets "VR Click" under the "Buttons 2" menu to that button. Even if I delete the assignment and run /button 13 reverse again, it is set to VR Click?

Good find, thanks. Please check it in this evening's patch.
I think many of keyboard/mouse user are using the backspace for handbrake, so it would be really helpful if we can change the assignment of the VR keyboard key.
Quote from Scawen :I don't see any problem with it as it is now, after the changes made in M8 which were supposed to fix any issue there was with the backspace key. For me to consider any more changes, I would need to understand what problems it is causing, or what it would allow you do do if it was changed.

Good find, thanks. Please check it in this evening's patch.

Thanks for your reply.

Just as someone else has mentioned, backspace can be used for other current binds. Obviously not a burning issue, but something some players may appreciate! Smile

On another scripting related comment, is it possible to "unbind" a /ctrlf shortcut? I know in the .txt included you can unbind "buttons" (/button [button] [function] - e.g. "/button 5 shift_up" (to unbind, use -1)), is it possible to unbind a CTRLF key so it returns to being blank?
I have to admit, Scawen you did a very good job with this, especially with the sirens pack. keep it up fam!!

EDIT: Eric and Victor too!!
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Might be pushing our luck...

Please dont hate Tongue

Quote from mbutcher :Since you can use a horn at the same time as a siren, there is no need for this. Try using your horn at the same time as a siren Wink

Thats true, but would be so much easier to incorporate it into one, especially as it can now be scripted.

Perhaps an idea Scawen? Would be very much appreciated by the cruising community (and perhaps the racing community too!) Smile

Regards
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6M2 (now M9)
(168 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG