The online racing simulator
Sorting order arrow icon is inverted, isn't it?
When importing hotlap sets, they should be given the hotlap class.

I imported 121 sets, I don't want to have to go through each of them to set them to the "Hotlap/Qualify" Classification.
A filtering issue:

1) https://www.lfs.net/files/setups
2) Filter by: Drift
3) Click the sole LX4 setup in 'Unknown Track'

It displays 115 LX4 setups instead of just one.
The "Add to collection" seems to cause some issues. What is its intended purpose?

Whenever you add your collection, it sets them as public and then reposts the same setup under the name of whoever added it to their collection. Shown here:

https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/UF1/BL00

mbutcher added my UF1/BL1 set to his collection, and now it's shown as public and also on the "Latest Car Setups" list, even though he didn't upload it. If you click on the hotlap time on the line with his name, it links to my hotlap. Also shown in this image is the two XRR/KY2R sets of mbutcher that I added to my collection. It says I just uploaded them.

https://www.lfs.net/files/

Also the two duplicated XRR sets have different ratings even though they're the same setup, just one uploaded and one added to my collection.
Attached images
UF1BL1.JPG
UF1BL1List.JPG
Thanks for the tests and reports so far.

Quote from pik_d :When importing hotlap sets, they should be given the hotlap class.

I imported 121 sets, I don't want to have to go through each of them to set them to the "Hotlap/Qualify" Classification.

Ah that's annoying. Fixed that. However, you may have to delete those hotlap setups and import them again. Should be easier than going through each of them individually.

I'll be having a look at the rest tomorrow. Think I'm done for today.
Quote from pik_d :The "Add to collection" seems to cause some issues. What is its intended purpose?

Whenever you add your collection, it sets them as public and then reposts the same setup under the name of whoever added it to their collection. Shown here:

mbutcher added my UF1/BL1 set to his collection, and now it's shown as public and also on the "Latest Car Setups" list, even though he didn't upload it. If you click on the hotlap time on the line with his name, it links to my hotlap. Also shown in this image is the two XRR/KY2R sets of mbutcher that I added to my collection. It says I just uploaded them.

The purpose of it is to be able to add a setup to your own collection. That can be useful if (hopefully) scawen integrates this setup stuff with LFS. You then have your own copy to work with.

I do need to de-duplicate these setups so they don't both show in the public lists. But need to think that through a bit.
I suppose it's debatable whether a Favorites option would be preferred instead of copying a setup and adding it to your own collection.
Quote from Victor :The purpose of it is to be able to add a setup to your own collection. That can be useful if (hopefully) scawen integrates this setup stuff with LFS. You then have your own copy to work with.

I do need to de-duplicate these setups so they don't both show in the public lists. But need to think that through a bit.

The setups that you add to your own collection should be stored in a separate list that cannot be made public. This means you avoid the duplication issue. It also means the setup won't disappear if the original is deleted.

Quote from Victor :I suppose it's debatable whether a Favorites option would be preferred instead of copying a setup and adding it to your own collection.

If a setup is marked as a favourite, you would need to store a separate copy anyway in case someone later deleted the original.

I prefer the collections idea as it stores a private subset of setups that cannot be removed by the original owner and they can't then be attributed to a different person in the public setup grid.
That needs "download all" and "comments" feature.

Thanks

#pray4homs
how to enter in site and take all set in quick time ?

Smile ?
As far as I tested I can see that there is not curruption check (header, file to short,...).

Other than that, short description of each setup would be nice.

On import hotlap setups page, distance to benchmark is hard to read (you probably know that already). Anyway, distance to WR would make much more sense IMO...

Great work so far! I'm sure it will be great. Thumbs up

If you provide a protocol (like Relay) to access setup database, I'll happily implement it to LFSLazy. Wink
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :As far as I tested I can see that there is not curruption check (header, file to short,...).

hmm, on setup extraction? I definitely check for file length and do a whole bunch of header checks. I can do some more sanity checks on the body though (and have now).

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :
Other than that, short description of each setup would be nice.

On import hotlap setups page, distance to benchmark is hard to read (you probably know that already). Anyway, distance to WR would make much more sense IMO...

Great work so far! I'm sure it will be great. Thumbs up

If you provide a protocol (like Relay) to access setup database, I'll happily implement it to LFSLazy. Wink

How do you mean a short description? The ability to add one? Or are you missing seeing notes anywhere? I do still have to add the ability for anyone to add a note to any setup, in general.

I considered wr vs benchmark and thought benchmark was a bit more interesting because it gives you a bit better idea of how relatively good your hotlaps are. If you only see green, then you are doing very well! It's not possible to show that with the WR time only. Ideally I'd show both like on lfsworld, but there's no room in the table left.

An api would be nice to have yep. Probably will have to make one anyway if LFS itself wants to download them at some point.

Oh about distance to benchamark not being readable .. it reads fine here. Not sure what you're seeing. Maybe can do a screenie?
I am however known for being very bad with colours though Big grin
He's right, it looks like this for me:

Dark text on a dark background isn't that readable.
Attached images
BenchmarkDist.JPG
Quote from Victor :hmm, on setup extraction? I definitely check for file length and do a whole bunch of header checks. I can do some more sanity checks on the body though (and have now).

On manually setup upload. Check two of my UF1 setups. When click on them nothing happens.

Quote from Victor :
How do you mean a short description? The ability to add one? Or are you missing seeing notes anywhere? I do still have to add the ability for anyone to add a note to any setup, in general.

Ok, that sounds fine Big grin

Quote from Victor :
Oh about distance to benchamark not being readable .. it reads fine here. Not sure what you're seeing. Maybe can do a screenie?
I am however known for being very bad with colours though Big grin

See attached image Smile

EDIT: also auto setup sorting to tracks based on file name would be cool.
For example you upload setup XFG_BL1_Nilex.set or XFG_BL1 Nilex.set and obviously this one should go nowhere else than BL1.
Attached images
snip.JPG
Also, I think it would be better to have the delta to benchmark and the delta to the WR instead of the delta and percentage to benchmark.

The percentage isn't actually all that useful when comparing to the benchmark. It's really only useful to WR, but having the delta to both is probably the best way.
oh right, wrong green there. Fixed that. (my test hotlaps are all red .. ahem)
Quote from Victor :oh right, wrong green there. Fixed that. (my test hotlaps are all red .. ahem)

That's what KY1 is for Big grin

Looks much better now.
Is there going to be any way we can download all the setups as a pack of some sorts?

EDIT: uploaded a couple setups and it seems to work fine!
Is it intentional that anyone can modify setup info?

I was looking at the setups that k_badam uploaded, and saw that he didn't set them to be BL1R sets.

I took the setup number from this url:
https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/2686/FXR-BL1R-endu

and went to this url:
https://www.lfs.net/account/setups/2686

and was able to modify the track to BL1R, even though it's not my set, and its not even in my collection.

Edit: I even set it to Private, and it doesn't show up on the grid anymore at all. You can still access it with the /account/ link though.
ouch, no that was a bug! Fixed.
Was just fixing that one too Smile
Quote from pik_d :The old setup names seem to have confused the file attachment setup grabber.

For example there are plenty of unknown setups named "FXO_GTR" or "FZ5_GTR" listed under FXO or FZ5 instead of FXR and FZR.

Quote from mbutcher :A filtering issue:

1) https://www.lfs.net/files/setups
2) Filter by: Drift
3) Click the sole LX4 setup in 'Unknown Track'

It displays 115 LX4 setups instead of just one.

Fixed both of these.
I just noticed that downforce isn't displayed on the setup pages.
Is now shown for those cars that have it.

Team Inferno Setup Field webpage (now : LFS' own setup database)
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG