The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6M2 (now M9)
(168 posts, closed, started )
My keyboard layout language is Slovak, abbreviated SK in Windows, called Central Europe in LFS.
Found a mistake ("-" and "=" swap) and a missing character, attached a picture. The missing character is ' and for the first time nothing is shown, the second time its doubled (´´), so it should be red like in other keyboards.
Attached images
Untitled.png
Thanks for the test, I'll check out SK keyboard tomorrow.
I've discovered an annoying downside of the choice of "backspace" for the on-screen keyboard.

Various strobe-light programs(*1) will send a backspace key after every keypress to prevent it from spamming 37890 etc in the text input boxes while sending messages. The backspace method has thus far been the most reliable way of preventing this, as there is no way of knowing if a text input box is open.

I can think of a few potential solutions to this:
  1. Use a different key for on-screen keyboard, or at least allow it to be changed (although the latter would mean that everyone using one of those programs would need to rebind it)
  2. Provide some way in InSim/OutGauge to indicate when a text input box is open
  3. Implement proper safety cars with an option to add a lightbar, flashing lights and siren(*2) for every road/tin-top car
I'm not going to get my hopes up for #3, but it would be nice Wink

(*1) They automatically do flashing light patterns and hold down the horn key for a siren; popular in cruising (for police etc) and drifting.

(*2) Yes, the FIA safety cars used for F1 and other major international series do indeed have sirens.
Quote from Degats :
[*]Provide some way in InSim/OutGauge to indicate when a text input box is open

+1 Big grin
Some letters aren't displayed correctly on virtual keyboard in my language (Croatian). They're missing those little lines at the top:

but get displayed correctly in chat box when I click on their virtual keyboard spot.
Attached images
KB layout - missing đčć.jpg
By the way of filters topic. Any chance to add Drift servers filter/mode same as for cruise?
Quote from pasibrzuch :By the way of filters topic. Any chance to add Drift servers filter/mode same as for cruise?

Well cruise servers I guess are filtered by checking those who have /cruise=yes (driving in both directions allowed). Not sure by what condition drift servers could be filtered at the moment.
At the moment there is no way to differentiate between normal servers and drift. In LFSLazy I made a drift filter based search for "drift" in server name (case and color insensitive). But that isn't really the way official LFS should work.
Quote from Nilex :Some letters aren't displayed correctly on virtual keyboard in my language (Croatian). They're missing those little lines at the top:

OK, today I'll also do the Croatian / Serbian / Slovenian keyboard.

But you will need to change one setting in your computer, unless you have a special reason not to do so. See the attachment. Otherwise, the keys will still appear wrong even when I give you the correct layout (which only rearranges the keys).

You can try this setting and you should already see the correct keys, just not in the correct places.
Attached images
Croatian.gif
Quote from MandulAA :My keyboard layout language is Slovak, abbreviated SK in Windows, called Central Europe in LFS.
Found a mistake ("-" and "=" swap) and a missing character, attached a picture. The missing character is ' and for the first time nothing is shown, the second time its doubled (´´), so it should be red like in other keyboards.

EDIT: Ignore what I said here, I reproduced your issue by selecting Slovak QWERTZ. Slovak QWERTY does work well already but you must have the QWERTZ option.

Can you try the same fix I mentioned in the previous post?

It seems you have the wrong setting for for non-Unicode programs. Slovak should work well and is only missing a key to the left of Z which I'll add today.
Hello

when on the virtual keyboard - key is pressed "shift" characters change to "BIG" - and that is okay, but when you press the "CAPS" signs are still "small"

Regards
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hello

when on the virtual keyboard - key is pressed "shift" characters change to "BIG" - and that is okay, but when you press the "CAPS" signs are still "small"

Regards

Same here, however most of the letters are still correctly chosen in CAPS mode.
EXCEPT this ones (german):
Attached images
german_keyboard.jpg
Scawen, is there a way to improve the interaction possibilities with few wheel buttons?

For example my wheel has only 2 buttons directly on the wheel. With the new "look and point" feature I have assigned them now to "virtual keyboard" (left button) and "crosshair click" (right button).
Before that, one of the buttons was assigned to "SHIFT+S" during Logitech profiler.

Today I got kicked from a server, because I wasn´t able anymore to quick exit the race after a crash.

My first ideas are heading in this directions:

a) Wheel button doubleclick -> new assignment possibility
b) Wheel button combinations e.g. Button A + Button B -> new assignement possibility

or c) optional one button solution for "look and click"

Let´s assume wheel button X is assigned to virtual keyboard. Then with the same button X you can interact with the menus. Clicking in the background simply leaves the VR Keyboard mode.
Maximum buffered Frames

When setup "Maximum buffered Frames" to 2 and use "in race car data" F9 or F10, the buffered frames will be disabled - setup to zero. This is why i have sometimes no smooth graphics. Today while testing i found this bug. The bug is maybe not related to this testpatch, but the buffered frames are a new feature. I use a A6-6310. Thought Antivirus or Process Explorer cause the lags, but its just this Health-HUD.
Quote from just2fast :Today I got kicked from a server, because I wasn´t able anymore to quick exit the race after a crash.

That is pretty stupid.

If any racers believe you should be kicked for not spectating after a crash, they are WRONG.

A crash is part of racing and it's up to them to try and avoid you.

I have never in my life pressed SHIFT+S when my car got out of control. I just try to regain control and get on with the race, like in real life.

Otherwise we might as well have no collisions and we can all just hotlap together.
Quote from matze54564 :When setup "Maximum buffered Frames" to 2 and use "in race car data" F9 or F10, the buffered frames will be disabled - setup to zero.

I can't reproduce that.

Does it happen every time, as soon as you press F9 or F10?

Which LFS version are you using? Which track / car / etc...
Quote from Scawen :That is pretty stupid.

If any racers believe you should be kicked for not spectating after a crash, they are WRONG.

A crash is part of racing and it's up to them to try and avoid you.

I have never in my life pressed SHIFT+S when my car got out of control. I just try to regain control and get on with the race, like in real life.

Otherwise we might as well have no collisions and we can all just hotlap together.

It is stupid, but sadly it's a part of the rules on some servers. Here's an example from the [MRc] GP Track BMW server: https://www.lfs.net/attachment/138031
Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
Quote from Scawen :A crash is part of racing and it's up to them to try and avoid you.

Ha! Paulo Coelho couldn't say it more wise. That's what I have assigned to F button: Do NOT shift+s anytime, just brake at yellow flag!

Checkmate.
-
(TheNoobisonFire) DELETED by Scawen : not related to test patch
0.6M7 is now available, with more keyboards implemented and an auto-hide system for the crosshairs.

When racing, sometimes there are buttons on screen, like when you show connections (N key) or if there are clickable InSim buttons on screen. Until now, crosshairs were permanently visible in this case, but now they are hidden after a few seconds. When you want to click on something again, just press VR Click or SPACE and it will show the crosshairs. That first click will not activate anything! Smile

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89160

Changes from 0.6M6 to 0.6M7 :

More translation updates, thanks to translators

VR :

Crosshairs auto-hide in game when buttons visible (e.g. N or InSim)

Virtual keyboard :

Added Serbian / Croatian / Slovenian keyboard (QWERTZ)
Added Slovak, Turkish, Bulgarian and Romanian keyboards
A way to stop the VR virtual keyboard from coming up would be nice.
As far as I know, the only time it comes up automatically is when you are in VR mode and you open a text entry dialog box. Is it a problem to see a keyboard in that case, or are there other times it shows up unwanted?
Quote from Scawen :As far as I know, the only time it comes up automatically is when you are in VR mode and you open a text entry dialog box. Is it a problem to see a keyboard in that case, or are there other times it shows up unwanted?

There is a time where it shows up unwanted. Not sure if you saw this post by Degats: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1905522#post1905522

Cheers
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6M2 (now M9)
(168 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG