The online racing simulator
360° videos -- 5 Cars Drift Train [2013]
(6 posts, started )

Here's an example which shows the power of 360° technology.
enjoy, if you are interested, I will post the process of making such videos.

Don't forget to click and hold left mouse button on the video, it's interactive!!!

watermarked high quality version down below

Haven't seen this before in a game, amazing Big grin
Cool!
interessting. How does it work, did you record the same replay multiple with different camera angles? Or set special FOV/resolution?
Either way would like to know how this can be done Smile
Some companies that sell the software, and give info...HERE

Google 'video stitch' for further info.
Quote from Gutholz :interessting. How does it work, did you record the same replay multiple with different camera angles? Or set special FOV/resolution?
Either way would like to know how this can be done Smile

I have used a combination of PTGui and Videostitch for this. You have to record your scene from different angles. Would be could if LFS could natively output Equirectangular projection (EP) of the whole scene. You need EP as the input video format for Youtube, other platforms experiment with diff. kind of formats (cubemaps etc.)

here's the process:
1. set your fov greater than 90°, I recommend 105° (the views must overlap in order to stitch them together)
2. record 7 times (view rotation/pitch [°]) in custom view mode (seat and rooflining are uninteresting)
left(-90/0), front(0/0), right(90/0), back(180/0), left-down(-90/-45),front-down ... and preferably @ 60fps

step 3 .. 8 summary/tutorial
3. import videos in videostitch
4. synchronize your videos, look for a frame with lots of details/objects
5. export the frames to pics
6. import the pics in PTGui and stitch them together and choose the view direction, export as template
7. use this template for calibration and you are basically done
8. render

9. prepare your video for upload with video meta data tool from google, here is explanation how to do this
10. upload

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG