The online racing simulator
Massive^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Tiny bug in forum notification code
I just found a bizarre but potentially not life-threatening bug in the code that warns you when a subscribed forum is updated Smile

It turns out that for multipart email messages, the email client I use on my phone displays the first few words of the text part in the folder list, but the HTML part when I actually open the message.

So this is how I realised that the text part of a "Daily forum update" email says "There is one new thread in the forum...", but the HTML part is more accurate and instead says "There is one new or updated thread in the forum" (my emphasis).
Slightly surprising that the code uses different basic text for the two parts of the message, no?

I have wondered several times after opening these messages on my phone about how I had misread the text fragment and imagined that there was a new thread in the Patch TEST forum (always exciting! Smile), when in fact it was just an updated one, but for ages I hadn't noticed the actual cause. Turns out I can read after all Big grin

I probably won't have a breakdown if this isn't fixed by tomorrow.
** Best answer **
heh, how can i live with myself Big grin

fixed now.

PS
Quote from Neilser :Slightly surprising that the code uses different basic text for the two parts of the message, no?

Actually I have two templates - one for plain text and one for html. So it's not that weird.
Yes, I suppose I could create a mechanism that converts the html version to plain text but just can't be bothered in this case.
Woohoo! Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG