The online racing simulator
Quote from DarkTimes :OK, thanks for the report, but I will need more information to be able to understand what's causing your error.
  • Which version of InSimSniffer?
  • Is the message a popup dialog box or the big unhandled exception dialog? (if the later please post the stacktrace)
  • Are you connecting to a dedi server or a local client?
  • Are you connecting to an empty host or to one with a race already in progress?
  • Does this happen with the old version of LFS or just Z32?
I have tested InSimSniffer 1.2.6 against LFS Z32 and it works fine (there is no reason it should not), so I would imagine this error must be caused by something else.
  • The latest one from codeplex
  • popup with an ok button
  • local client, but i'm online in a server
  • yes, a race (open config) is in progress
  • haven't checked, don't have time right now but will check soon.
Quote from boothy :
  • local client, but i'm online in a server
  • yes, a race (open config) is in progress

OK this is a scenario where I can imagine an error like that might be thrown. Can I ask is it only against an open config host that this occurs, or does it occur on a 'closed' config host as well? I'm thinking this error might be an open config issue as I haven't tested that yet.

It might be a bit late to start debugging tonight, but I'll try and check it out tomorrow.

Incidentally don't worry about testing it against old LFS versions, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.
tis indeed, cheers
Pushed release for LFS 0.6B to CodePlex. I added the new InSim packets and also reworked the options dialog so you can turn the new packets on/off. You can download the new release from CodePlex. As always please tell me of any bugs you find, or improvements you can suggest.

http://insimsniffer.codeplex.com/releases/
I've been wanting to add an auto-update feature to this, but I'm stuck trying to figure out a way to get the version number of the latest release from CodePlex. It seems CodePlex has an API that allows you to create and update releases, but nothing that allows you to simply get some info about what the most recent release actually is. Seems a bit of an oversight, to be honest. Obviously there are other options, for instance I could parse the releases page and read the release info from there, but that seems like complete overkill. I guess the best route will be just to upload some text file somewhere that contains the latest version number and download URL, and then use that to update the app. Still this would require me to either upload the file manually using FTP, or to write some kind of build script that uploaded it for me. It would be much nicer if CodePlex offered an API that you allowed to get the URL and version number of the latest release of the project.
This is the simplest way I can think to do it. Upload a text file somewhere with two lines, the version and the download URL.

http://www.website.com/downloadpage

Then you could read it like this (without any error checking). This checks if there is a new version, then launches your default browser to the download page.

<?php 
void UpdateApp
() {
    var 
versionFile = new WebClient().DownloadString(VersionFileUrl); // Download file.

var tokens versionFile.Split(Environment.NewLine);
    var 
version = new Version(tokens[0]); // .NET has a handy version class.

var url tokens[1]; // Download page URL.

if (version Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().Version) {
        if (
MessageBox.Show("A new version is available, do you want to download it?""Download Update"MessageBoxButtons.YesNoMessageBoxIcon.Question) == DialogResult.Yes) {

Process.Start(url); // Launch browser

}
    }
    else {

MessageBox.Show("The current version is up to date");
    }
}
?>

-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes
I had a bit of a brain wave today. Instead of storing the version info as a text file on some server somewhere, I could instead parse it from the RSS feed CodePlex provides for each project. As the RSS feed is generated automatically when I make a new release, this makes it much simpler to keep the latest version up to date. The code to do it is a little bit hacky, but it works. It's definitely better than editing and uploading a text file somewhere whenever I push out a new version.

I've been making lots of little tweaks to InSimSniffer over the last few weeks and I think I'll push out a new release soon. As always the latest changeset is on the CodePlex repository.
Released InSimSniffer 1.3.0 Beta:
  • Added support for exporting and importing packets, using new .sniffer file format
  • Improved general packet performance
  • Improved packet filter (better UI and vastly optimized performance)
  • Can now sort list view controls (packets and details)
  • Added Help > Check for Updates menu item, to check if a more recent version of the program is available
  • Many small tweaks and fixes
As always you can download it from CodePlex. Please let me know of any bugs or problems you have.
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes : This post sucks.
Pushed version 1.3.1 onto CodePlex.

Changes in 1.3.1
  • Added ability to combine filter terms by seperating them with spaces (e.g. 'mso sta lap' will show you all IS_MSO, IS_STA, and IS_LAP packets).
  • Fixed bug in IS_PFL where Size, Type and ReqI weren't being set.
Hi ,
This tool is very helpfull.

Whould you update this tool with the latest InsimPackets and version?
I'll look into it, maybe not for a little while though, I have a lot on right now.
Too bad - I only found an archive on codeplex. An that file does not contain a binary/exe.

Have someone the latest (1.3.1) binary?
Quote from Pasci :Too bad - I only found an archive on codeplex. An that file does not contain a binary/exe.

Have someone the latest (1.3.1) binary?

Compiled (binary) 1.3.2.0 version from CodePlex archive

Edit: btw in that archive contains binary exe's. In subfolder releases are 10 folders, and there are a files in each of them. Just open that file in some archive extractor (like 7-zip) (or just rename it to "something.zip") Wink
Attached files
InSimSniffer 1.3.2.0.zip - 171.5 KB - 354 views
Quote from Draggo :Compiled (binary) 1.3.2.0 version from CodePlex archive

Many thanks!!! Thumbs up

Quote from Draggo :
Edit: btw in that archive contains binary exe's. In subfolder releases are 10 folders, and there are a files in each of them. Just open that file in some archive extractor (like 7-zip) (or just rename it to "something.zip") Wink

Yes, that files I've found too but I renamed one of them to .exe not .zip. Shrug That was my fault.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG