The online racing simulator
Fern Bay Superspeed Layout
(13 posts, started )
I made a new layout for Fern Bay.
It has very long straights and sharp turns and therefore very entertaining to drive on.
I uploaded the layout for both directions, it has 3 timed sectors, so it is ready to use it on a server.
You can use it for whatever you want.

Have fun!

(EDIT: Also look out for reason0809s layout, he made much more smoother transitions from the street to the bridge: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1913527#post1913527)
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
FE_Superspeed.jpg
Attached files
FE2X_Superspeed.lyt - 4.8 KB - 617 views
FE2Y_Superspeed.lyt - 4.9 KB - 624 views
#2 - delis
I heard you like bridges. So we put a bridge on a bridge so you can drive on a bridge while driving on a bridge.
It works surprisingly well Smile At least I did not take off with the BF1 Big grin
I am going absolutely use this layout for leagues! it is good one!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I am going absolutely use this layout for leagues! it is good one!

Feel free to do so! Smile

I updated the layout.
The transition from the street to the bridge is now smoother and suspension-friendlier.

Have fun Smile
Quote from MaddinICE :Feel free to do so! Smile

I updated the layout.
The transition from the street to the bridge is now smoother and suspension-friendlier.

Have fun Smile

Didn't noticed until now, gonna dl it. Thanks!
#7 - lucaf
Wow! This should be made official "Fern Bay Black Premium".

Really awesome combination, I like this much more than official "Black" where the incorporation of "Gold" and "Green" i feel a bit clumsy.

Already Fern Bay gave me the spirit of old Nurburgring but here even more with the bumpy straight where the cars really fly.

If the bridge could have more old fashioned look, this would be perfect track. Idea: what if the modern long bridge is removed, and create a smaller modern bridge for the crossing track?
#8 - lucaf
Ok looks like I feel young again (half day re-designing the bridge).

I made the bridge full width with metal barriers. The bridge is also shorter and ultra low-height - if LFS will introduce some trucks, or even high family cars, they will not fit under the bridge.

(Also you should not drive attached to barriers, because it was not possible to 100% align them with the road direction (only ~99%) that means you may crash to barrier heads if you drive attached to them)

There is only X direction of the track layout. What does it means to update also Y direction? do I have to reconstruct the whole bridge also there? Can I make easily the Y version from the current X-version?

So I want to thank MaddinIce for a fantastic track idea, and UM21 for inspiring me to study layouts (after driving his awesome flatout tracks Smile)

EDIT: the bumpy straight is too bumpy for racing, or what do you think? I check if it can be fixed that you can go flatout without breaking suspensions but without removing all the bump feeling.

EDIT2: The solution is far from elegant, but it is working if you drive only one direction. Now less bumps and you can go flat out (but still may need luck also). Uploaded second version. You can try this also on Fair Racing server.

EDIT: Looks like my file attachment disappeared since it conflicts with the file uploaded in lfs.net/hosts so you need to download the layout from the race server
Hi lucaf,

thanks for your compliments!

I created the bridge as real life as possible. Thats why it is so high. But i like your idea. Thumbs up

You can update your X track into a Y track by simply renaming the file from FE2X_ to FE2Y_.

I wanted to keep the bumpy sections because of its rather speedy layout, i also thought about going through the chicanes but decided not to do so. You simply need a suspension-friendly setup Big grin

I look forward to your other changes Thumbs up
I will overhaul this layout at somepoint, because this is kind of layout which people should definitely have to use even on Leagues section. I have not been in LFS on while due the being busy and having some other minor tasks to do. I will either post in here or I PM to you MaddinICE, with link of enhanced layout.
Quote from ymeshulin :We've done a few laps together in the last couple of days, and I am sure you've had as much fun as I did.

I think in order to make this layout more suspension-friendly, both overpasses should be redesigned. I would make the 'new' bridge cover both bridges of the base track, and also create one longer concrete section above that shortcut after the small track. Otherwise if you use a proper race setup the suspension won't survive anything more than 3 laps.

If you take a look of the original version, there the bridge is longer. Suspensions easy to modify to resist more. At least more ride height is needed.
Quote from ymeshulin :Sure, but at the end of the day you can't race an uncompromised setup around this track. So there are two directions to go:

- leave the track as it is, and make it sort of a 'wild' challenge
- modify the layout to make it raceable with a 'normal' race setup

It is impossible anyway to make it raceable without normal race setups because you can not make it enough smooth anyway, unless driven slowly.

Try it with BMW Sauber F1.06 Car and see result

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG