The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :K20 is now available in the first post.

There is a new packet IS_OCO that can be used to switch all or specific start lights objects.

I love you haha
Thanks for allowing us to control the start lights!
Quote :I'm not sure what you mean by this. Some AXM packets do have the UCID set. Please can you explain what situation you mean. Is it a packet going into or out of LFS? I'm a bit tired, hopefully will understand when I read your reply!

A packet going into LFS. To put it bluntly:
• Player x types command !i_want_objects_added_here
• InSim program creates the IS_AXM and assigns the UCID of the player to the IS_AXM packet UCID
• InSim program sends the packet
• LFS receives the packet, adds (or deletes) the objects and sends the IS_AXM reply

That IS_AXM reply with that player UCID can be useful. The InSim program can detect exactly who sent IS_AXMs and when they are received. It's the same as what LFS reports when a player adds an object using the LFS autocross editor only for custom InSim IS_AXM packets.

In the end after some thought I think it's a messy explanation and probably only useful to me but on the other hand I maintain that TINY_SEL on multiplayer hosts would be nice Smile

Quote :Yes, the selection must be all Index < AXO_NUM or all Index >= 252 (circles / insim checkpoint).

Good to know Thumbs up

EDIT:

Quote :Please let me know if it seems there is enough to do your ideas like multiple races in one environment, or if something else would help.

To answer your question from a few pages back. I successfully tested this multiple race idea running 3 races on Westhill simultaneously. It works seamlessly (although that might be another story on a packed server). But InSim wise it is now easy to implement multiple races.
Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
Quote from sicotange :To answer your question from a few pages back. I successfully tested this multiple race idea running 3 races on Westhill simultaneously. It works seamlessly (although that might be another story on a packed server). But InSim wise it is now easy to implement multiple races.

Looks good. I'd like to experience that.

How did you implement start lights? Now you can use the start light object, using a separate ID per racing area.

Do you run the race in practice mode?
Quote :How did you implement start lights? Now you can use the start light object, using a separate ID per racing area.

That will be fun to implement Smile

At the moment I just use buttons as start lights.

Quote :Do you run the race in practice mode?

Do you mean /laps=0? I don't understand.

Quote :Looks good. I'd like to experience that.

You are obviously welcome to join my testserver called testing for a quick test if you want to.
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
lfs_00000007.jpg
To-tal-ly awesome. Now, if Eric could include something like this;
http://www.aesys.com/LED-signs-and-LED-display/industrial-systems/electronic-flag-panel
( good demonstration video; http://emmotorsport.com/portfolio/f1marshallingsystem/ )

With an option to flash a color on/off/on/off so you don't need to send a zillion OCO packets would be great.

In open layout mode it then is possible to recreate the yellow/blue flags sector based / race control based. And it's an add on to the existing track combo's.

Comment about the packet; "byte Zero;" whats this? Shouldn't that be Sp0?
Comment 2 about bits, I get;

bit0 : lights off
bit1 : red
bit2 : middle red
bit3 : double red
bit4 : lights off
bit5 : red
bit6 : middle red
bit7 : double red
bit8 : green
bit9 : red and green
bit10: middle red and green
bit11: all lights on \o/

When I test it.. I am confused about this. Does bit mean bitwise? Also doesn't look like it's bitwise

Also I am unable to set a specific identifier. I have some lights placed on the track, identifiers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 but whatever I do they all react together on every OCO including the official start light (layout is loaded by server first). I tried sending an OCO with OCO_LIGHTS_RESET followed by a OCO_LIGHTS_SET packet but that didn't help? Official track light and all OCO_INDEX_MAIN keep reacting all together.

Example;

object(IS_OCO)#43 (8) {
["Size":protected]=>
int(8)
["Type":protected]=>
&int(60)
["ReqI":protected]=>
NULL
["Zero"]=>
NULL
["OCOAction"]=>
int(4)
["Index"]=>
int(240)
["Identifier"]=>
NULL
["Data"]=>
NULL
}
> IS_OCO Packet to test.
object(IS_OCO)#43 (8) {
["Size":protected]=>
int(8)
["Type":protected]=>
&int(60)
["ReqI":protected]=>
NULL
["Zero"]=>
NULL
["OCOAction"]=>
int(5)
["Index"]=>
int(240)
["Identifier"]=>
int(2)
["Data"]=>
int(8)
}
> IS_OCO Packet to test.

=> https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1903165#post1903165
How are you setting bits 8-11 of a byte?
No idea, I was simply trying out decimals and came to this surprising result. I think I already explained that I don't understand the logic?

11 is 1011 in binary, which doesn't make sense also.

In a way its funny, screenshot added.
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Quote from cargame.nl :To-tal-ly awesome. Now, if Eric could include something like this;
http://www.aesys.com/LED-signs-and-LED-display/industrial-systems/electronic-flag-panel
( good demonstration video; http://emmotorsport.com/portfolio/f1marshallingsystem/ )

With an option to flash a color on/off/on/off so you don't need to send a zillion OCO packets would be great.

In open layout mode it then is possible to recreate the yellow/blue flags sector based / race control based. And it's an add on to the existing track combo's.

Yes that would be good. I also want to work on getting access to all the other lights on the tracks, giving them an index and an identifier. But not for this update which we want to release this week.

Quote from cargame.nl :Comment about the packet; "byte Zero;" whats this? Shouldn't that be Sp0?
Comment 2 about bits, I get;
When I test it.. I am confused about this. Does bit mean bitwise? Also doesn't look like it's bitwise

The eight bits of a byte are numbered from 0 to 7.

Bit 0 is the 1's column
Bit 1 is the 2's column
Bit 2 is the 4's column, etc.

So to set bit 0, you send the number 1.
To set bits 2 and 0 you send the number 5 (101)
To set all the low 4 bits you send the number 0xf (1111)

Quote from cargame.nl :Also I am unable to set a specific identifier. I have some lights placed on the track, identifiers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 but whatever I do they all react together on every OCO including the official start light (layout is loaded by server first). I tried sending an OCO with OCO_LIGHTS_RESET followed by a OCO_LIGHTS_SET packet but that didn't help? Official track light and all OCO_INDEX_MAIN keep reacting all together.

In your example, you are using the Index 240, that means set all lights including the official start lights.

To set the movable lights you need to send Index AXO_START_LIGHTS (149) from this list:
https://www.lfs.net/programmer/lyt
OK.. Didn't read correctly and assumed all the time I needed to use 240, thanks for clearing this up.

But.. I still dont get the bits thing. Lets assume sending a 10, 0xA in Hex or 1010 in binary. So bit0 is 1 and bit2 is also 1. InSim.txt says;

// bit 0 : red1
// bit 1 : red2
// bit 2 : red3
// bit 3 : green

So red1 and red3 ... No idea how to distinguish red1,2 and 3 . But besides that... I don't get a red1 and red3 at all. I get the middle one in red and I get green?
The bits are numbered from right to left, because the smallest column is on the right (the units column is bit 0).

So, in the case of 1010, bits 1 and 3 are set.
I need to go back to school I think (we had this, I am sure), but I now understand. Thanks Smile
Quote from sicotange :Do you mean /laps=0? I don't understand.

Yes, that's what I mean by practice mode.

I'm just trying to think how the car's timers could work, if I could do a system to allow the car's clocks to be independently started and you could send in splits and finish lines from InSim, so hooking into the game's system.

I'm not considering it any more for this update as it's too complicated and we want to get the full version out on Saturday. I'm just interested to know what mode the server is in. I suppose it's cruise mode, but practice mode would also work, I guess.

Quote from sicotange :You are obviously welcome to join my testserver called testing for a quick test if you want to.

I joined this morning but it didn't seem to be in race mode. Maybe there's a good time later today or this evening?
Quote :I suppose it's cruise mode, but practice mode would also work, I guess.

The server you joined this morning is in cruise mode.

Quote :
I joined this morning but it didn't seem to be in race mode. Maybe there's a good time later today or this evening?

Anytime is fine today, the program is now in race mode. Anyone is welcome, it needs testing Smile

EDIT:

Server is 0.6K20 version
Are the drag strip lights fully controllable? I guess the data byte would be different. Would be nice if these (and South City's road traffic lights) were placeable objects Smile
I think you missed this comment;
Quote from Scawen :I also want to work on getting access to all the other lights on the tracks, giving them an index and an identifier. But not for this update which we want to release this week.

so no the track / draglights are not individually controllable. Only all together. And the ones dummy stay dummy. For this update at least.

But you can scatter 64 own lights around the track and more seem to follow. Great Smile

* Came to think of it.. Can actually scatter more then 64 lights but then you get multiple lights in one individual group to control.
Hi Scawen

If you place the start lights object mid-race and try to set the lights for it, they will not do anything until the race is restarted or ended and started again.

Is this a bug or should it be like this?

Thanks
K21 is now available in the first post.

Changes from 0.6K20 to 0.6K21 :

InSim :

Changed TINY_SEL to more useful TTC_SEL to get a connection's selection
Similarly IS_AXM with PMO_SELECTION can set a connection's selection
Overridden start lights states are now sent to joining players

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88999

Quote from sicotange :I maintain that TINY_SEL on multiplayer hosts would be nice Smile

This is now done.

Quote from PoVo :If you place the start lights object mid-race and try to set the lights for it, they will not do anything until the race is restarted or ended and started again.

Is this a bug or should it be like this?

This is not really a bug, though I think it could be improved.

It is because the "optimise" button needs to be pressed. You can see this in the "more" section of the layout editor.

Objects are automatically optimised after loading them from a layout.
Quote from Scawen :This is not really a bug, though I think it could be improved.

It is because the "optimise" button needs to be pressed. You can see this in the "more" section of the layout editor.

Objects are automatically optimised after loading them from a layout.

Ah, I'll give it a test! Thanks Smile
I tried to install K21, but I have to unlock my game, and when I try to do that I says I have an unknown version.

edit: Also getting "Can't open: x_RO.jbw". Worked fine before this. Shrug
I've made K21 unlockable now. But if K9 was unlocked and you installed K21 exe in the same place, you should not have needed to unlock K21. I don't know if that also is the explanation for the texture error?
Cheers, that did the trick. So much new stuff to discover, just amazing. Can't wait for the public release.
Regarding updates to layout editor ... Here are couple of videos that might give you idea or two ... Wink

Option to merge layout, when loading layouts show number of objects (can be easily and efficiently done using file size).

Block editor
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Regarding updates to layout editor ... Here are couple of videos that might give you idea or two ... Wink

Option to merge layout, when loading layouts show number of objects (can be easily and efficiently done using file size).

Block editor

And all my time with LFS, I have done all those layouts with "hand"...

Still, 30 objects simultaneously activated to edit/move/copy is slightly too less, 32+ would do.

Speaking of witch, my interest did rise up.

EDIT: As assumed, detecting insim checkpoints checks only goes valid if driving on top of it, but not from under? I mean as default option

EDIT: nvm...
Yes, checkpoints and circles are only detected if you drive above them.

A question about IS_PLC - I'm considering trying to update its function today. It has been requested to make it as strong as the /cars command.

1) It would force you to spectate if you were driving a car that you are no longer allowed.

2) A disallowed car could not be 'already selected' so that means you wouldn't be able to join with it.

Would there be any problems with this?

Incompatible test with many InSim updates
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG