The online racing simulator
Open Endurance Cup Two - Schedule
Hello everyone,

let's risk a second season. The format will be modified (*cough* more mainstream *cough*) but details will be released soon. So lets first release the race dates in this second season.

6 Mar 2016 - 3 hours of Rockingham ISSC
3 Apr 2016 - 250 Miles of Blackwood Grand Prix reversed
1 May 2016 - 3 hours of South City Town Course reversed
29 May 2016 - 3 hours of Westhill International
26 Jun 2016 - 3 hours of Kyoto International reversed

All races will start at 17:00 UTC respectively 16:00 UTC. Qualifying will most likely see a week of open track from Saturday to Saturday prior to the race.
Great, that this is happening!

I'm new to LFS and this is going to be my first endurance competition, so I'm glad about the rule changes, that will allow me to compete solo and over a beginner friendly distance. :-)
Although, I'm with a bigger team, my buddies are racing in AC and rF2 a ton and have no time to support the weird guy in the old sim. ;-) kidding

A technical question, though:

Which car exactly is described with "GTR" in the event calendar?

I'm still undecided, which class to go for, so a hint on the meaning of these three letters would help. thx

Cheers!
GTR is used by LFS to group the cars. The GT1 and GT2 class use the same cars but with different added car restrictions.
Thanks for the replies!

I'll do my best to get out of the noob zone as quick as possible. Big grin

One more question arises, that can't be answered by the lfs manual: The custom layout for Kyoto. Will this layout be available for download somewhere, to have a practice already?
It's still almost five months until then, but anyway...
Quote from Tiptoe :One more question arises, that can't be answered by the lfs manual: The custom layout for Kyoto. Will this layout be available for download somewhere, to have a practice already?
It's still almost five months until then, but anyway...

You can download it here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/73903-New-Open-Track-Configurations-%28Track-maps-and-layouts%29

It is also known as "K31". It is part of the attatchment in the opening post. Scrolling down a bit, you also find a trackmap. Since it is reversed, you need to be on KY3Y to load it properly.
Thanks, man! Found it and installed the open config pack.

Love this community. It seems, all the things I want to do to LFS are already done by someone else. Big grin
This is going to be a lot of fun!
The server Nations World League is set to RO1 with the cars, for those who want to drive some laps there. Qual set to 240 minutes, race set to 10 laps. The server name might be changed at some point.
SDEv is most likely not going to start at Rockingham, as we have bought a lot of licenses already this year and for only one round... Well, we'll skip it. Unless something unpredictedly good happens to us within the week. Big grin Like a sponsorship or something...
Airio started on the server to give you feedback when practicing.
Quote from TFalke55 :Airio started on the server to give you feedback when practicing.

Airio works but lap times are not counting :-(
I 'll tell Deko, as I have no Idea why it is not tracking it.
Meanwhile I have hosted my own LFS-Server, runs only in the evening.
On this Server named HoR Training runs Kyoto International Reversed, and I have Ario working.
The thing is, that I have copied the K31Y.lyt to the layout folder of both (LFS-Server and Ario). I mean that TFalke55 has loaded the .lyt only on the LFS-Server, and than Ario cannot work properly.
By the way, there is still a password on the OEC Server.
Quote from jueweb :Meanwhile I have hosted my own LFS-Server, runs only in the evening.
On this Server named HoR Training runs Kyoto International Reversed, and I have Ario working.
The thing is, that I have copied the K31Y.lyt to the layout folder of both (LFS-Server and Ario). I mean that TFalke55 has loaded the .lyt only on the LFS-Server, and than Ario cannot work properly.
By the way, there is still a password on the OEC Server.

Unpassworded the server, thanks for the notice. Also I foreward the idea about the layout-file, would be worth a try.
I was busy this weekend and haven't had a chance to analyze the issue, I'll be on it tonight.
Now ario works as expected, times are tracked and laps on the server are being kept.
thx
Thanks for confirming, I suck at driving so couldn't really test if it was going to record or not. I did rotate to other open configs to make sure it would record, then back to KY3Y_K31 but kept running of out talent so never got a "clean" lap to test Big grin

Open Endurance Cup Two - Schedule
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG