The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2016: Round 0a S3 Voucher Event - Race Discussion
Round 0a, S3 Voucher Event

Date: 2 January 2016
Time: Free Practice 18:00 UTC (20 Minutes) Qualifying 18:30 UTC (25 Minutes) Race 19:10 UTC
Race Distance: 44 laps (one formation lap preceding) (2 hour maximum time limit)
Car: Formula V8 (FO8)
Course: Westhill International (WE2) Track Map
Weather: Cloudy Sunset
Wind: NONE

Important Notice

Spawn Points 33 through 40 are locaed behind the main paddock, please turn left out of there if you spawn from there and head between the paddock buildings and carefully merge into the main pitlane.
So, what's with S3 guys participating? Will the voucher be past to the first S2 driver behind if an S3 guy wins it?
Quote from sermilan :So, what's with S3 guys participating? Will the voucher be past to the first S2 driver behind if an S3 guy wins it?

From the supplemental regulations PDF:
Quote :Prize Fund and Award Criteria

A total of six (6) S2 to S3 Voucher Codes are available as prizes. They will be given out to
the top three finishers, the pole winner, the driver with the fastest lap, and the driver who
leads the most laps. Any driver who would win two or more vouchers will only be given
one, and left over vouchers will be given to a driver selected at random. S3 drivers are not
eligible for a voucher, and prizes will go to the S2 drivers who meet the criteria.
Vouchers
will be sent to the winners within 48 hours of results being made official.

Tnx Smile
Looking forward to all the cries of "Fix!" from the S2 drivers not selected at random for the vouchers.

I don't give a monkeys - I just enjoy driving FO8.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Looking forward to all the cries of "Fix!" from the S2 drivers not selected at random for the vouchers.

I don't give a monkeys - I just enjoy driving FO8.

I don't mind it either, but for lottery it generally seems good to have a transparent way, so that all can see it is fair. For example taking the last digits from the race duration then that is basically like a random number generator. (1h45min23.45s) (sometimes done in events where for second race the first few startrows are reversed.) Or add up the race-times from all drivers, then it is really superrandom. Smile
I'm pondering how to random draw....may record a video of me placing all drivers in a hat/bowl, and blind drawing them Tongue
deko webcam stream!
Or get Scawen to do it. That'd be good. Wink
If there isnt anyone who wants the licenses or any license in the future. Please Consider me. If there is anything I can do to earn a License please message me.
For all's information:

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday around 19:00 GMT, I'll gladly be around to run the start lights for a few practice races. Already had a few yesterday and today and they seem to have been enjoyed and well-used.

I'm pleased to see lots of practice going on in server, but also would like to see some actual racecraft practice going on...do a pit party and go out in a group and do some laps together! Smile
Beware: Spawn Points 33 through 40 are locaed behind the main paddock, please turn left out of there if you spawn from there and head between the paddock buildings and carefully merge into the main pitlane.
#14 - CSF
My surprise at the top 2 is great.
Just the usual lap 1 things.
Attached images
lfs_00000211.png
My car just felt undriveable after the first laps, although I only got some damage on the front wing. Because of the SC period the tires got really really cold which made it difficult for me to gain any places in the first laps, I also struggeled during the rest of the race, so my goal was just to finish this.

I would love to see a similar GT league back by NDR with 1 hour races maybe.Smile
So eh, I was unable to watch/follow this. Who won? And yes I know the end result but I mean, which S2 racers won the vouchers?
Voucher winners will be announced after results become official sometime Sunday evening.
My setup was far from even good. Looks like I had less downforce than others. So I was struggling too. Then suddenly a wild steam update appeared. When I switched to LFS, I was deep in gravel trap. That was race over for me.
That looked great fun, I enjoyed watching it on the stream. Thanks Pete!
I'm so happy to see that i win S3 voucher! Thanks to Deko and all NDR organization! Hope this will be not last S3 Voucer race,because the feel to win prize like that is awesome and i wish to all racers to feel it.

Thanks again and regards!

sorry for bad english
Congratulations, Borislav and Piotr.Thumbs up
congratulations to the winners
I hope there will be one more race, GT2 Big grin
Well, it's obvious that the random draw was fake! Deko just pulled 2 papers and put them down where we couldn't see them. Down there he already had the winners' papers ready to show to us. I'm sure those two guys paid a good amount of money to Deko to get the free vouchers........

Now... joke aside, it was a great event with large number of people showing their interest. We could've easily had two fairly populated servers with both S2 and S3 drivers who wanted to race. Can't remember the last time any LFS event draw that much of attention.

Congrats to all who won the vouchers during the race and congrats to the two lucky ones too (you bus**rds!)
Thank you NDR for organizing such an event, hopefully there will be another one Smile
Thanks for the event Deko! Shame my attempts to win Westhill in LFSCART get ruined every year by some British scum...

LFSCART Series 2016: Round 0a S3 Voucher Event - Race Discussion
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG