Any geocachers in here?
(22 posts, started )
Any geocachers in here?
So i started geocaching in september and found that it's fun little activity. Is there anyone else on this forum, who's a cacher too?

What caches were your best finds, which did you like the most? Other stories? Discuss!
I had never heard of this game, but it seems interesting and there's one near my place... I'll try to find it!
Kid, u drunk?
No, but the time of your post suggests that you might be. Tongue

Cool, give it a shot Blas, it's a nice outside activity! Smile
I've done this a few times, it's pretty good fun. I was amazed at the sheer number of these things there are about.
Hey Kid, I just went geocashing and I couldn't find the thing haha, it was very dark though, I'll go back another time!
It's gotta be there, just keep looking.. and don't look too suspicious. Tongue
Hahaha yeah... I was with my girlfriend and a lady passing by actually told us "did you lose something?"

The thing is in a park, next to an small cliff and in a "bamboo jungle" so it's hard to spot.

And there were dogs without a leash, at one point we saw a pit bull coming by and we couldn't figure out if it was on a leash or not, but it was hehe.
Go on, you know you want 2.

u drunk racer?
Beer is useful if you are walking circles, guided by world most incorrect phone GPS while trying to find the next coordinates that you might or might not have calculated correctly.
We tried a few times, failed a lot. One time we were supposed to find "the numbers" and use them to calculate direction & distance to next location. We were sure "the numbers" meant the telephone number on some sign, but it did not work out. So you look around for other numbers, try different things and wander around etc. Sometimes the next hint is destroyed, like when trees were cut down etc. But we noticed at least in our area the creators fix that.
It is good to print out the instructions to multiple caches, so if you can not continue somewhere else.

Quote from Crashgate3 :I was amazed at the sheer number of these things there are about.

Indeed. Also how many people do that. We wrote our names in a logbook, checked back a week later and there was already handul more names.
I think coolest part is that you will always remember that behind the 3rd bridge pillar in park a tiny white bottlecap with a number on it is glued to the concrete. Or that there is a box with stuff somewhere, where you have walked by dozen times before.
More than week ago i went caching to nearby town and surrounding hills. This is what i found, really cool. Also all made by the same guy. (obvious spoiler warning, for some) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P21q5Kdcr2Y
Might give this a go...Smile
So I went to the same spot on Sunday afternoon, the sun was still up, and I couldn't find the box people describe on the website Frown some punk may have stolen it!
Quote from Blas89 :So I went to the same spot on Sunday afternoon, the sun was still up, and I couldn't find the box people describe on the website Frown some punk may have stolen it!

Blas maybe someone used it as drug hiding spot! Big grin
Kid and Fast Jarda had told me several times that I should try it, so a few weeks a go I finally gave it a go and it's been quite fun so far. It makes me wanna explore new places and it's a good motivation to actually go outside Big grin
Lol Racer X NZ, I'm glad cops don't hang around that place!

I said the same thing to my GF Kid, I wouldn't be surprised if someone used it like that!
Blas btw. also as some geocachers joke goes: Don't piss of geocachers, they know where to hide the body.
Hahaha better to keep them happy!

Any geocachers in here?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG