The online racing simulator
LFSTop tracker
(116 posts, started )
working perfectly now. thanks mate I will let you know if anything crops up
Quote from bishtop :working perfectly now. thanks mate I will let you know if anything crops up

Nice. Don't hesitate to write me a PM through the forum, because I don't get email notification with every message in the thread, only for the first unread message.
Bugfix version 1.3.2 released. Download: Linux Windows

Changes:

- Fixed segmentation fault (application crash) when using pubstat due to addition of Rockingham track.

-
(vitaly_m) DELETED by vitaly_m : bug in the release
Version 1.4.0 released. Download: Linux Windows

Thanks to Oliver Feistkorn for German translation.

Changes:

+ Translation mechanism implemented (see docs/Translating.txt)
+ Translation to russian
+ Translation to german
+ Can use NONE for hlvc_checks
- Fixed help window displaying !top and !recent info in a wrong way
- Fixed corrupted sections/splits switch messing the table pretty much
- Fixed printing excessive info on new laps (now will only print one
of the TOP TBS or TB laps, since TOP means also new TB and TBS, and
TBS means also TB)
- Removed !stb command, since we have all the data in the !stint

Version 1.5.0 released. Download: Linux Windows

Changes:

+ Added quiet mode for events (!quiet to start, !notquiet to end) --
no chat spam and commands stop working for non-admins
+ Setup restrictions added -- can forbid traction control, automatic
gears and can set the types of clutch control allowed
+ Updated translations. Thank you translators.
- Renamed !quit to !shutdown
- Now you need to strip '.example' part from config.ini.example and
servers/srv1.ini.example when installing for first time. Updates
are now easier, as you can just unpack everything to your installed
lfstop folder and it's done.
- Fixed warning being sent for wrong conditions

Release candidate (which is more like Tech Preview) of Version 2.0.0 released.

Download: Linux Windows

With this version, LFSTop database does make distinction between clean and nonclean laptimes. Make sure to do complete backup of the whole lfstop folder before updating to this version!

What does it change for users?
Clean laps are treated basically the same as before. Nonclean laps do not cause chat notifications.

In the query window (!top, !tbs, !tb, !avg) you can switch between clean or all ("all" includes both clean and nonclean laps) laptimes. Currently your preference of clean/all display gets reset to "clean" every time you connect the server. Will be fixed at some point if I find that people need it.

What does it change for server administrators?
As far as I know, some people switched some hlvc off globally. Now you don't really want to do it blindly. The only thing that should be used generally is all-object_hit for custom layouts.

If you really need to save bandwidth so much, then you might also disable draft checks.

Linux admins, make sure you always have correct rights after you install the lfstop. (you need to be able to read everything and write into databases/*, Users.dat and WRs.dat). As always, don't run it with root permissions.

Changes:

+ Nonclean laps are saved to database now (!top, !tb, !tbs and
!avg). Use a switcher at the bottom of the table to toggle between
clean or nonclean. You can see nonclean laps have grey instead of
white color. There are no notifications for nonclean laps
- Print car name when user sets new laptime

Server have been set up by Oliver Feistkorn to try the nonclean feature out.

LFSTOP%20TRACKER%20TRY-OUT]LFSTOP TRACKER TRY-OUT

Shut down since no interest
Another release candidate with bug fixes. From now on, database will be saved every minute if someone did new laps or new WRs were merged into it.

This time it is supplied with debugging symbols and no optimisations, so in case there is some bug, I can (probably) get meaningful reports from users.

One more bugfix release of version 2.0.0 release candidate.

Thanks for the update - Currently I think the first 2.0.0 rc is in use. Need to update tomorrow. :-)
Quote from Pasci :Thanks for the update - Currently I think the first 2.0.0 rc is in use. Need to update tomorrow. :-)

Yes, a lot of nasty bugs were spotted since rc2 Smile
I've set up a translation service (need to register there in order to start translating, unfortunately): https://www.transifex.com/lfstop/lfstop/

Will be thankful if you help to translate the program to your language Thumbs up
Version 2.0.1 released.

Changes:

+ Translation to Belarusian language (thanks to t-race)
- Some small fixes

Build 2.0.1 was reuploaded. It didnt' contain the belarusian translation. Sorry for inconvenience to the one who already downloaded it before reupload
Thanks for the update

Stupid question: Why the size of program has doubled since Version 1.4?

1.4.0 -> 5147 KB (lfstop binary ~6 MB)
2.0.1 -> 12054 KB (lfstop binary ~12 MB)
Quote from Pasci :Thanks for the update

Stupid question: Why the size of program has doubled since Version 1.4?

1.4.0 -> 5147 KB (lfstop binary ~6 MB)
2.0.1 -> 12054 KB (lfstop binary ~12 MB)

I decided to move from static to dynamic linking of the Qt framework. Dynamic linking is usually considered as the better choice in general. UPD: good example is that if you have 20 programs that use the same version of framework, when you dynamically link to the same shared library file (DLL/SO), you can save a lot of memory. For LFSTop it is not that much of a use, but still it is better to follow common sence.

When I used static linking my toolchain could remove all the parts of framework that I didn't use. When linking dynamically, you can't easily do that. Therefore resulting archive size increased a lot. It also has a lot to do with debugging symbols, because they get compiled in differently. If you run `strip lfstop` on linux, you will see that executable size gets down to around 2 megabytes because it contains a lot of the debugging symbols needed to debug the Qt framework application.

In next version I will consider to distribute debugging symbols in separate download. Hope that I cleared the matter here. Thanks for enlightening question Thumbs up
Thanks for the quick response and the comprehensible explanation Thumbs up
I look forward for your next release
Perhaps LFStop isn't compatible with LFS 0.6P3 (change of UDP buffer size - see https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89703-Test-Patch-0-6P2-%28now-P3%29).

Get following error:
Aug 21 11:28:28 gamer lfstop.service[31287]: 21.08.2016 11:28:28.414 ERROR [srv1] Can't connect to LFS
Aug 21 11:28:28 gamer lfstop.service[31287]: 21.08.2016 11:28:28.414 ERROR [srv1] Socket Error: Connection refused

Hopefully it's easy to fix.
Quote from vitaly_m :Version 2.0.1 released.

Changes:

+ Translation to Belarusian language (thanks to t-race)
- Some small fixes

I have made a translation in Chinese version~
Quote from Pasci :Perhaps LFStop isn't compatible with LFS 0.6P3 (change of UDP buffer size - see https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89703-Test-Patch-0-6P2-%28now-P3%29).

Get following error:
Aug 21 11:28:28 gamer lfstop.service[31287]: 21.08.2016 11:28:28.414 ERROR [srv1] Can't connect to LFS
Aug 21 11:28:28 gamer lfstop.service[31287]: 21.08.2016 11:28:28.414 ERROR [srv1] Socket Error: Connection refused

Hopefully it's easy to fix.

The buffer size change shouldn't affect LFSTop in any way, from what I can tell now... I just checked and version 0.6Q is working for me on Windows. Let me now if you managed (or not) to make it work and sorry for late response.

Quote from kagurazakayukari :I have made a translation in Chinese version~

Is it working alright? I can include it to the next version if you post it here (you can attach the .txt in your post here for example).
Quote from vitaly_m :The buffer size change shouldn't affect LFSTop in any way, from what I can tell now... I just checked and version 0.6Q is working for me on Windows. Let me now if you managed (or not) to make it work and sorry for late response.

Is it working alright? I can include it to the next version if you post it here (you can attach the .txt in your post here for example).

I've found another issue that Chinese or Korean or Japanese may need some modifiy (see https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89157-Buttons---Learn-how-to-use-them---Advanced-%28Symbols-Glyphs%29 It shows that how to input Traditional Chinese...but still can't observe what is the meaning of follow sentences after converting...) otherwise it will be some messy code in LFS.
Quote from kagurazakayukari :I've found another issue that Chinese or Korean or Japanese may need some modifiy (see https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89157-Buttons---Learn-how-to-use-them---Advanced-%28Symbols-Glyphs%29 It shows that how to input Traditional Chinese...but still can't observe what is the meaning of follow sentences after converting...) otherwise it will be some messy code in LFS.

I am using the same way of translating that LFS does. So I can make it working, since there is Traditional Chinese translation in LFS already.

So even if it still doesn't work inside LFSTop, you should send it to me. You don't need to do something special. In documents there is explaination how to do it, but it is not all that obvious...

You can send it to me me either in unicode or code page 950 (aka Big5) format (or anything else, I think I would be able to use it..). Just make sure that when you save the file and then open it, you can still see the content properly in your editor.
Sorry kagurazakayukari, I just found out it is done in Transifex. Thanks for you work, I will put it in LFSTop soon.

Here are some previews:
Attached images
LFSTopChinesePreview.jpg
Quote from vitaly_m :Sorry kagurazakayukari, I just found out it is done in Transifex. Thanks for you work, I will put it in LFSTop soon.

Here are some previews:

Oh I see it working nice~
In these pictures I can still find some wrong translation…… will correct it soon

And I found a grammer failure on the last pic.

“获得 TBO 圈数 (8) 名, 在 S03”now probably as "Top ( TBO lap (8) ) at (S03)"

should be "在 S03 的 TBO 组 在第 (8) 圈最快" which means "at (S03) (TBO (group in) lap (8) (get) Top)"

Serveral item have the same issue. This is because both Simp or Trad Chinese speaking sequence is like " I at what time at where by how doing something "

But with this version I'll keep existing Chinese format with no reading misunderstanding. And,I think Simp or Trad should be divided and use their univerisal abbreviate as CHS and CHT. Some words are totally different between these two.
I just notice CHI is actually Chile⋯should be CHN

LFSTop tracker
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG