The online racing simulator
Insim bug !
(15 posts, started )
Insim bug !
Hi guy, today in my dedicated server, i have put the insim port at 29999, and now, me and my friend can't connect to the server, and he do not appear on the server list. Thanks for your help !
The insim port (or protocol) has nothing to do with being able to connect to a server or not, unless you connected an application to the Isim port, that crash the whole server (if that's even possible at all).
Simple test would be to start the server without a specified Insim port and then see if connecting is or isn't possible.
If it still isn't possible, something else is wrong.
I put /insim=0, but nothing work, the server wont let me connect and the server do not appear on the list...
Remove the whole /insim line from the configuration file and restart the server.
How can i do that, i use the payable server hosting of LFS
Connect to it using RDP or another remote control tool if that's installed and change the file.
I dont know how to do that >.<
Well, then there isn't much we can do to help you.
I have to admit that I'm surprised to read that you are willing to host an LFS server, but don't have any knowledge how to deal with such server.
No offense, but you shouldn't be hosting a server in the first place then.
I have already hosting a server directlty from www.lfs.net/hosting, and o have nerver had this problem. I know what is a RDP/ remote etc...But i dont know wher i need to connect for midifing the setting.cfg, if you explain me, i think i can clear le bug. Thanks
I haven't got experience with the LFS hosting option, but it can't be much different then any other server. Connect to your server using RDP, find the directory in which the LFS dedicated server is installed and then find the config file in which the settings of the server are set.
Remove the line starting with /insim and then restart the LFS dedicated server.
I have any adress to connect...I just have the Server IP/ port...

The option are absolutly same, but i dont have anny acces to a setting.ini, and that is the problem >.<
And what happens if you try to connect RDP to that IP address?
It say is off or the acces are denied.
That means that the RDP protocol isn't enabled on the server.
Best thing to do is contact LFS hosting and tell them about your problem.
LFS hosting has zero remote control. It has a webpanel and thats it.

But Victor lacks a bit in explaining what is there so I added 3 Pounds to my credit just to see what it is all about. And it looks like this;

The InSim port is specified on the top right corner, can't be changed, set to 0 or anything.

---
But the access tab mentions this;

Quote :
Allow IP addresses to the InSim port
Specify the IP addresses or ranges that you want to allow.
Empty means noone can connect to InSim.

You need to specify the IP of the machine where the InSim is running from.

Insim bug !
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG