The online racing simulator
Question regarding Autocross mode
Hello,

what is the maximum amount of drivers who can be on track simultaniously during an event in the autocross mode? Does anyone know?

Best regards
Falke
I would bet on server settings (carsmax=40),but I can't guarantee that though,as I have little experience in this case.
I think the same amount as on a regular track.
Do you really mean the autocross mode? (point-to-point layouts, with time penalty for hitting pylons)

Then the answer is: Only one car can start at a time. More cars can be on track at the same time, but drivers have to wait few seconds with joining. (otherwise message: "The start is blocked.")
Autocross uses the startlocation placed with "S" key, not the new grid things...so can only be one "S"-start. The largest such "rallye" I saw was ~20 cars, but probally more work too. The limiting factor is more that you have to leave bit time between cars, so that the pylons can reset and cars do not catch up to each other.

Put 40 Start points and 40 pit start points and also allow 40 racers to be joined in server with /maxguests=40 and carsmax=40

even with 40 start points, you can only use 20 if you do not add all 40 pit start points

EDIT: without custom grid start points, the max is 20 and start grid will be default

EDIT: Shift-U - Edit AutoX - control on top right - pick the object(s)
Quote from Yisc[NL] :I think the same amount as on a regular track.

Quote from Eclipsed :I would bet on server settings (carsmax=40),but I can't guarantee that though,as I have little experience in this case.

Yeah, that's why I asked, because I also just have little experience.
Quote from Gutholz :Do you really mean the autocross mode? (point-to-point layouts, with time penalty for hitting pylons)

Then the answer is: Only one car can start at a time. More cars can be on track at the same time, but drivers have to wait few seconds with joining. (otherwise message: "The start is blocked.")
Autocross uses the startlocation placed with "S" key, not the new grid things...so can only be one "S"-start. The largest such "rallye" I saw was ~20 cars, but probally more work too. The limiting factor is more that you have to leave bit time between cars, so that the pylons can reset and cars do not catch up to each other.

Yes I actually thought of the autocross mode with not necessarily point-to-point driving but with everyone getting on track individually.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :40

Put 40 Start points and 40 pit start points and also allow 40 racers to be joined in server with /maxguests=40 and carsmax=40

even with 40 start points, you can only use 20 if you do not add all 40 pit start points

EDIT: without custom grid start points, the max is 20 and start grid will be default

EDIT: Shift-U - Edit AutoX - control on top right - pick the object(s)

Ok, that sounds good Smile thank you

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG