The online racing simulator
Invisible car bug
(14 posts, started )
#1 - ysu
Invisible car bug
Very strange one, and I've experienced it 3 times only, all lately (after installing the latest patch).

It becomes apparent at race restart or quali restart, altho it may happen earlier. I'm on the grid, starting out with the others I can see everyone all right, but they can't see me, or some say I'm just seem to be sitting on the grid. They come ramming into me, and they don't seem to suffer any consequences - like they were the freight train.

I dont have a replay, altho I'm not sure if it would help - a replay of my saving that is. When this happens - all three times in AAL quali or races so far - I've quickly reconnected and it was fine.
Don't you just LOVE computers?
I got same problem, but i think it's caused by my poor connection (56k modem powa ). It only happens when i race against a lot of racer (>15).
#4 - ysu
Quote from David.V :I got same problem, but i think it's caused by my poor connection (56k modem powa ). It only happens when i race against a lot of racer (>15).

Well, we do have around 20 ppl in one div in one race, that much is true, but I have a 1500/256 adsl that cannot be the issue...
Quote from ysu :Well, we do have around 20 ppl in one div in one race, that much is true, but I have a 1500/256 adsl that cannot be the issue...

May be caused by a temporary bad ping ?
there's nothing temporary about it...
#7 - ysu
Quote from David.V :May be caused by a temporary bad ping ?

As blowtus said: once it happens it seems to be pretty final. Once (first time) we restarted the race 3 times, each time doing about half minute of the warmup lap, and it did not go away. Only when I disconnected and reconnected it was ok again.

I don't used to have any kind of connection problems to aussie servers, I'm at the most reliable ISP around here (internode). No discos, no lags, constant very low pings (20-40ms). I'm way below my quota too.
What about packet loss? If its high, then theres your potential issue. It could be that closing and reopenning LFS, its finding a different route to your chosen server.
#9 - ysu
As I wrote my connection to Australian servers is near flawless. Never had any problems before, I used to ftp data around, use hhtp a lot too while working, not a problem. So I doubt it would be a connection problem, but I'd like to hear a developer opinion on it

I managed to put my hands on a save of the qualify where I did not yet know it was buggy. It's a 20 minute replay. If you watch me, I'm apparently invisible, and I don't move. Yet after a while I was successful to put in a few laps.

If you had my replay (forgot to save it) you could see I was lapping as everybody else...

It was rather hard, as I thought they see me, and will avoid me as normal. Every contact, or hit 'sits' on me. I could not avoid being rammed out here and there as they did not see mee...

here's the replay (~4MB)
I'm have the same problem
#11 - ysu
It has happpened twice again since.
here are the replays, from my viewpoint this time.

I hope it helps. It's getting very annoying.

Any ideas what should I do? Reinstall s2?
Attached files
invis.mpr - 1 MB - 335 views
invis 2.mpr - 844.4 KB - 300 views
I have exactly same problem! Sorry for epic necro bump but this topic describes my problem 100%. Did you find out any answers?

- my connection is fine, I have no packet loss at all when doing tests
- I have reinstalled LFS
- I have completely disabled the windows firewall
- tried both TCP and UDP position updates
- I did run the app as an administrator.
Same problem;(

Invisible car bug
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG