The online racing simulator
DX9 download link
(10 posts, started )
DX9 download link
I needed to install LFS on a fresh laptop with Windows 8.1 and dicovered that it's pretty much impossible to be able to successfully play LFS if you don't know how to properly get and install Direct X9.

During or after the installation LFS produces an error saying that it needs DX9 and then opens the browser with; https://www.lfs.net/dx9 .. The problem is that this page is now redirecting to a Windows 10 promotion page instead of a Direct X9 bundle setup.

I recommend providing DX9 during the installation (like Rfactor does)
Or redirect to http://filehippo.com/download_directx/
Or provide this package from the LFS website itself.
Thanks for the note. The link has been replaced with a new MS link.
#3 - Litro
This link didnt worked for me yesterday,I was using fresh Windows 10. Downloaded it, but when installing it didnt give map where to save it(i tried LFS, system, system32 but no success). When lauched LFS.exe it gave error - could not load d3dcompiler_43.dll
Then i tried this link, and it worked without problems - http://downloads.tomsguide.com/DirectX,0301-2158.html
** Best answer **
Thanks for the report. We're looking into this and trying to find a proper solution.
OOOOHHHH, hOW DO WE GET 'bEST aNSWER' notes on our post ????.....

Please tell.......

OK, I hit https://www.lfs.net/dx9 and that gave me https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

With Chrome that then automatically downloaded to my /MINE/Downloads folder, from which it installed with no problem.

Clearly this issue is now resolved, if not, go to this link and you should have DX9..........

Meanwhile, back in 2015......

"In a chat with Microsoft, a spokesperson explained that with these significant GPU efficiency gains, coupled with the reduction of CPU overhead, they expect the majority of DirectX 12 games to benefit from up to a 20% framerate boost over DirectX 11. After running these tests myself, I’m inclined to agree.

In fact, maybe they’re being conservative.

But remember, this doesn’t mean you should go buy a cheaper graphics card when DX12 rolls around. “This extra performance means that the game can run at increased visual quality for any given graphics card, and we want gamers to have better experiences on DX12 games than they’ve ever seen,” a Microsoft spokesperson said. “Also, though the industry is giving every indication of an unprecedented DX12 adoption, games will need to be written for DX12 to benefit from DX12, and we want to ensure that gamers have a great experience on the hundreds of DX11 games already in the market.”

Plus, as we’ve seen, DX12 is capable of extracting more performance out of even the highest-end hardware, which is great news for everyone on the playing field.

All this being said, I probably sound like a broken record but we should never render a definitive conclusion based on synthetic tests alone. It will take comparisons of actual games running on mature drivers to really render a verdict, and we won’t start seeing them until late 2015. But to say I’m enthusiastic would be an understatement."
You have a clean Windows 10 installation or not? Otherwise it definitely is not the best answer. Pointless DX12 quotation.
Clean win 10 install's actually requires quite a bit of IT knowledge.

I've already reversed 8 Win 10 installs to either 7 or 8.1. The 7 installs were for older clients who were upset about losing games !.

Win 8.1 restore's were because M$ screwed up Intel video drivers, big time for ASUS, lesser for other hardware. But still a SNAFU. And a range of other hardware issues.

That's not including the 'magic' I've had to perform getting software to work with Win 10 that suppliers claim it won't work with (Quickbooks).

Seriously, if you release Occ Rift stuff then DX 12 should be your target. Occ Rift state their min requirements quite clearly.

Why does the user base have to support a program that claims Occ Rift capability without clearly stating Farce Books min requirements are LFS min requirements. ??????

DX 9 was released in 2002, by most maths that was 13 years ago..............

In 2002, Microsoft released DirectX 9 with support for the use of much longer shader programs than before with pixel and vertex shader version 2.0. Microsoft has continued to update the DirectX suite since then, introducing Shader Model 3.0 in DirectX 9.0c, released in August 2004.

"For the full Rift experience, we recommend the following system:

NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
8GB+ RAM
Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
2x USB 3.0 ports
Windows 7 SP1 or newer
The goal is for all Rift games and applications to deliver a great experience on this configuration. Ultimately, we believe this will be fundamental to VR’s success, as developers can optimize and tune their game for a known specification, consistently achieving presence and simplifying development.

All of the games and applications for the Rift created by Oculus will provide an incredible experience on this system.

Binstock, Oculus chief architect, wrote a detailed technical post outlining the recommended system specification and the reasoning behind it, along with more Rift details, here: “Powering the Rift”.
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/the-rifts-recommended-spec-pc-sdk-0-6-released-and-mobile-vr-jam-voting/

So, if your running less than this setup, Don't bother expecting LFS community support.

FYI, I run far less than this spec for a 400 FPS min gaming experience with LFS at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out.......,
Go figure........

Our main issue here is ping and a complete lack of servers. Hmmmmmm

Hi AC, Dirt Rally, iRacing, PCars, etc, etc which actually work here. We have had great LFS servers in the past, great racing series, etc.

WOW, we have virtual Bathurst, V8 Supercars, etc, etc. All this racing is happening ATM and, bluntly, why care about LFS ???.

There is a huge amount of online racing happening right now and the Dev's need to choose to get their act sorted or just be a footnote in history.

And it's up to only the Devs to make that choice.
I've supported this game for years but, hmmmm, why any more?
This thread is about a bug on a website, you have no clue what you are talking about and start a completely different discussion about yourself. Seriously, who cares?

Is your attention problem this big?
This post is well off the main site, and I've already posted that the links to dx9 are fine. Tested by me and proven to work....

Am I wrong ???????

My one real hope is that the dev's bother reading this, cus what I post here is whats happening now in the real world.

I'm actually well past caring anymore cus ALL this has been stated for years.

If the Dev's choose to finally listen then they may save this sim, if not, then, well, I've tried........

"Where is the Popcorn dude ?"

"Netflix and Chill" LOLZZZ .....

Welcome to the 21st century.....

Now you're just spamming. That's not the way to get someone's attention. Or well, actually, you got it, but with the result that you're banned for a month.
Sooo. not the result you were looking for.

DX9 download link
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG