The online racing simulator
Im curious Scawen
(47 posts, closed, started )
Hi arox.

I feel the same pain just because this game sadly is not going in the right direction. I do not want to make myself look like a donkey but just playing this game makes me feel like I'm still stuck in 2009. So many things have changed over the past years, so many other great simulators have introduced themselves to the community of simracers. It almost as if something that used to be a great place to meet people and have a great time has gone.....sorry to say this but sometimes it feels like the developers have lost their passion Frown ..I do realize that the developers are working and they proved it by releasing new content but what am I supposed to feel like when I don't know what's going on?!
Yes, I do indeed realize Scawen is working on something but what is it?! What is it that we don't get to know? Is it something so secret, so out of this world that we, the users of community have no idea of?
Why do I personally feel like the game creators who back in the days created something MAGNIFICENT, something AWESOME, something that UNITED the people in the community now more or less seem like they are not connecting with the community anymore? Why is it that it feels like the developers have lost interest for us the simracers that used to love this simulator?

We have the passion for the game but it seems like the developers have lost the passion, the will to make a difference. I have lost my passion for this game because it seems like they have forgot about us, the users. I hope this is as a wake up call, I can not force you to do things faster BUT THIS COMMUNITY WILL EVENTUALLY FALL TO PIECES IF THINGS DO NOT CHANGE. Frown ..developers please, let us know what is happening, we really want to know.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from MousemanLV : ..developers please, let us know what is happening, we really want to know.

Since when do you not know what is happening? First the engine got updated to use D3D9 and gained VR headset support. Then there was the new Westhill. After the Westhill came a series of engine patches to reduce CPU load. As far as I understand there are some internal changes being done to meet Eric's needs for some new content. Is this not enough to know? It's not like we were getting any more news back in the old days but because the patches were being released at a faster pace nobody moaned about it.
Because the WE update was unexpected, we want to know more. Not sure if the devs have a tactic to make the community fall to pieces activity wise and then bring it back with a huge update that none expected.
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Who are you?

Can't understand why you think you have any significance to me, you are doing nothing so you are nothing. Normally you was on my ignore list, that forum feature was great.

I'm not sure why you write consistently in a conceited and entitled manner.

You think that because you've hosted a few servers in LFS when there's no other servers that it makes you important in any regard. It'd be one thing if you helped manage a popular server when LFS was in its heyday (which I did), however your claim to "fame" is managing a server when the only people that remain are zombies.

So, I will repeat.

Who are you?
Yes, I agree with the OP stating most of the competitive people have disappeared. You can open the server list on a Saturday and see it for yourself. No leagues anymore for the most part. If any.

Quote from cargame.nl :When S1 was out and rumors of S2 where going on, exactly the same behavior could be seen.

Mate, S2 was released in 2005, it's been 10 years without any more cars or tracks being released. It has been so long even the cars look old by now lol Big grin

Excluding a few dozens of die hard fans posting and mumbling every time someone comes here to ask if there will be anything new in the near future, there's basically no one interested in even opening LFS anymore.

Even though I still think LFS still has the basis to be again up there at the top along with rF2, iR or AC its already too late because nowadays all racing sims have real cars, real tracks and I don't see them making any new deals to have real cars nor real tracks in another 10 years. (Let's hope I'm wrong tho)

Also online and physics wise other racing sims has them as good or even better so there's little to see here by now.
This is basically how I feel about morons moaning at developers-
Quote from Intrepid :This is basically how I feel about morons moaning at developers-

Now instead of 10seconds, stretch it to 10 years. Smile
... and you've contributed what to the sim racing world? nothing... zero.
-
(OTone) DELETED by OTone : too much talk.
I am pretty sure you haven't created what is still one of the top 10 sims of all time.
-
(OTone) DELETED by OTone : Too much talk.
funny isn't it... not nice when the tables are turned is it?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Who are you?

I am not the one saying to you that you should listen to me do I? Take a look at yourself, doing nothing other then trying to personally attack people who are more active in LFS then you. You are a pathetic little forum poster for the last nine years and only want attention, attention, attention. Because you have no idea how you can be an addition to this racesim community in another way. Good job boi. Now think of that for the upcoming nine years because I am not going to respond to your childlike attention seeking methods anymore. You had more then enough, energy waster.
Calm your tits.
https://www.lfs.net/news --> set filter to "Official LFS news"
Would you like to know more?
Read the startposts from the release threads of patches/new versions.
Read testpatch forum.
Go to profile, there is 6000 posts and almost all are Lfs/dev related.

This thread starts with "and this isnt a joke or a troll" but how serious can one take it when few minutes before has posted:
Quote from aroX123 :rip lfs 1939-1945

I am sure that will make for good discussion.

And that is really annoying, how totally unrelated threads/discussions get spammed with the same old jokes.
Or not even jokes really, just crying for attention.

question: I need setup for formel BMW
answer: looooool what about setup for scirocco

question: How about adding city track to schedule?
answer: loooooooool what about adding rockingham

question: Next race mrt @ Blackwood
answer: looooooooool next race scirocco @ rockingham

haha, see they really don't like it when the tables are turned. People start questioning their behavior and they go off like fireworks... but of course it's fine to moan at people that have actually CREATED something.
Quote from Intrepid :This is basically how I feel about morons moaning at developers-

By that logic you should also stare in amazement at the coffee maker in your kitchen because it makes water hot at the push a button - and without any fire no less! Smile

It's not like I agree with the occasional moaning though, because I never understood the logic behind it. Usually if one is dissatisfied by a product they go and get another one - it is called voting with one's wallet. Instead the moaners keep crying about what they dislike about LFS and they come up with all sorts of odd reasons why the devs should accommodate them such as "we have the right to know". Others just keep restating something along the lines of LFS being dead. Just face it already friends, you got what you paid for with your S1 or S2 license, anything else is just a bonus given to you for free by the devs...
Quote from OTone :there's basically no one interested in even opening LFS anymore.

Mwoah.. It has not much attention, certainly not concerning public racing but Rfactor has the same 'problem' haven't they? And they are on Steam.

I am still enjoying myself here in Croatia, I don't need a computer game/sim to fuel my happiness feeling. Like I said before, it looks like most people have no clue how to create their own entertainment they are 100% depending on others. And if those other creative people cannot deliver the moaning starts. It's sort of silly. You see this normally with 7 - 10 year olds.. Starting to lean against all kinds of stuff and then moaning like "I aaamm ssoo boorreeddd", this behavior seems to extend nowadays across many generations. I see it when I arrive or leave the beach here too with the boat.. Everybody is looking from their towel with amazement that somebody actually is doing something other then laying with a fat ass in the sun. Almost demanding an explanation with those facial expressions. Some are brave enough to even do this in a kindly matter. :o Smile

Anyway, I think the conclusion was that LFS doesn't belong on Steam at this stage. Good Wink

Everybody who have questions about whats coming up haven't read this forum good enough.
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from OTone :there's basically no one interested in even opening LFS anymore.

Mwoah..

Dave, I for one definitely do not spend all my time in front of the PC playing games and moaning all day. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong in showing my concerns about the future of LFS.
If I am making these posts it's because I actually care about this game. I see the potential in it. I don't care if rFactor 2 has official tools for modders now. I'm not interested whether rFactor 2 dies today or in 10 years (if you catch my drift). I never liked it that much anyway. (Although I know it's a very nice sim for what it is)
And, once again, it's a shame that LFS is dead as it is now. You can barely find a public racing server with people except the Demo ones.

Do you enjoy joining a server without anyone? I don't think so.

Enjoy ya vacations ya scrubbynoob <3
Ever though about effect if everyone,who here moans about empty servers,would join and race? From nothing comes nothing.
Rony, it is not interesting for us, competitive racers to race if the sim itself doesn't look promising anymore. The competitive level in this game has gone completely down, some Turks are now dominating the top charts because none else who's actually properly fast is driving..except for those who still hotlap.
Quote from MadCatX :

By that logic you should also stare in amazement at the coffee maker in your kitchen because it makes water hot at the push a button - and without any fire no less! Smile

It's not like I agree with the occasional moaning though, because I never understood the logic behind it. Usually if one is dissatisfied by a product they go and get another one - it is called voting with one's wallet. Instead the moaners keep crying about what they dislike about LFS and they come up with all sorts of odd reasons why the devs should accommodate them such as "we have the right to know". Others just keep restating something along the lines of LFS being dead. Just face it already friends, you got what you paid for with your S1 or S2 license, anything else is just a bonus given to you for free by the devs...

I often sit and look at everything and think to myself "that is a miracle" Smile
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from cargame.nl :We need WWIII or something to reset some value in life

Yeah, because war solves everything.

This proves how absolutely ridiculous and out of touch your views on reality are.

No, he is on target for this point. That is the general, macro trend with people.

Change those words to basically any particular domain, and the trend remains the same.
I'm not going to read the thread, though I did read the first post yesterday. It's obviously not the kind of post that can help with anything. We are working hard on Live for Speed and getting good results. We have had reported posts but I don't want to read them. I'll simply close the thread.
This thread is closed

Im curious Scawen
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG