The online racing simulator
Im curious Scawen
(47 posts, closed, started )
Im curious Scawen
Hi, decided to pop in for questions directed at Scawen and this isnt a joke or a troll.

Im woundering if you have realised 90% of competition have disappeared?
That youve lost the respect of most of the community. You have created alot of great simracers but they have all moved to different sims because they see more progress towards realism aswell as more competition and prices.

I can understand making sure your content is ready but hiding issues really isnt the way to go. What is the reason for the massive delay youve had the last few years? I think we all deserve an answer. Atleast tell us what is going on/what happend. I really want LFS so be back where it was if not bigger but right now its close to too late, youve waited too many years.

If you choose to ignore this then I feel like youre making the wrong decision-

/cries
I'm sure you'll find answers to most if not all of these questions if you search through Scawen's post history.
Okay, can you help me find why Rockinham is still not released? Why has it taken 6 years?
Dont even try to defend, you know its wrong to take this long lol.
Why do we deserve an answer? We've received everything that we've paid for.

How is it wrong for it to take this long? Rockingham is content that's part of S3, which nobody has paid for. It's not like we're waiting for something we've paid for to be delivered.
I think it's worse that your "questions" sound more like attacks. Like most of us, even the Developers have to put projects on hold or cancel due to Real Life issues. Is this what happened, I do not know. However, I personally would wait another 4 years if Scawen said "Rockingham, New Tire Physics, VW release, and more cool stuff" because, for me, Scawen, and so many others, have my respect and patience. He seems very understandable and reasonable, always listening to us despite agreement or not.

As for "(Scawen) know(s) it's wrong to take this long..." Would you like a broken track and may look like crap or a finished, polished, one?
Quote from Texpelt88 :Would you like a broken track and may look like crap or a finished, polished, one?

With a "broken" track atleast people will come back to try it.
How is the current state of LFS good for the future?
Quote from aroX123 :
Quote from Texpelt88 :Would you like a broken track and may look like crap or a finished, polished, one?

With a "broken" track atleast people will come back to try it.

Except Scawen released a working and beautiful track called Westhill and it was about 2-3 weeks of people being happy.

Releasing broken content would be about 2 weeks of people being upset and angry. How is that a good idea?
In what way is it broken? Im sure they have more than just Rockinham in the works. Also Rockham is something that has been modeled years ago, why wasnt it completed back then? Why start a new project like reworking something old like westhill? Thats my question... what happend? None of you have the answer, Scawen does.
Westhill was never finished. => S2
RH => S3

On top of that, I think Westhill 2.0 was a future test. Test failed. Now it's fixed with 0.6J.
Quote from aroX123 :Why start a new project like reworking something old like westhill?

You've said it already; it's because Westhill was old. It was said long ago that they wanted to improve it and they did it in a remarkable way. Also, Rockingham has never been released because Scawen wanted the first real-life track to be very close to reality inside LFS and the current tyre physics did not allow such a thing. Yes there is much more than Rockingham in the work. Like the devs said before, S3 will have other tracks and cars and I guess it takes time to prepare all this as well as the other things mentioned long ago like more realistic setups limitation among other things. I'm sure they know more than us that the popularity of LFS diminished to other rivals so there's no need to remind them and it must be one of the reasons why they are hard at work to finally release the S3 as soon as possible.
One of the factor for the delay I believe must be the need to keep the old content updated. When you start a philosophy such as LFS does (increasing the content over years if not decades) then you need to keep the old content fresh again after a while. I have a hard time imaging myself playing LFS3 with the current interior of the RB4. My guess is that several cars if not tracks might get quite an overhaul and that too must be time consuming. That's just speculation though.

When you say none of us got the answer I believe you got it wrong because these questions you mentioned have been answered many times throughout the years. Peace
Quote from Skytrill :
Quote from aroX123 :Why start a new project like reworking something old like westhill?

You've said it already; it's because Westhill was old. It was said long ago that they wanted to improve it and they did it in a remarkable way. Also, Rockingham has never been released because Scawen wanted the first real-life track to be very close to reality inside LFS and the current tyre physics did not allow such a thing. Yes there is much more than Rockingham in the work. Like the devs said before, S3 will have other tracks and cars and I guess it takes time to prepare all this as well as the other things mentioned long ago like more realistic setups limitation among other things. I'm sure they know more than us that the popularity of LFS diminished to other rivals so there's no need to remind them and it must be one of the reasons why they are hard at work to finally release the S3 as soon as possible.
One of the factor for the delay I believe must be the need to keep the old content updated. When you start a philosophy such as LFS does (increasing the content over years if not decades) then you need to keep the old content fresh again after a while. I have a hard time imaging myself playing LFS3 with the current interior of the RB4. My guess is that several cars if not tracks might get quite an overhaul and that too must be time consuming. That's just speculation though.

When you say none of us got the answer I believe you got it wrong because these questions you mentioned have been answered many times throughout the years. Peace

i agree, You said everything man. guys stop making this topics please , my account dont have much time and i cant see anymore this topics because is boring and dont changed nothing ( just talk for sky and looks really hungry). peace
Quote from aroX123 :In what way is it broken? Im sure they have more than just Rockinham in the works. Also Rockham is something that has been modeled years ago, why wasnt it completed back then? Why start a new project like reworking something old like westhill? Thats my question... what happend? None of you have the answer, Scawen does.

Scawen has stated that Rockingham is S3 content.

He's not going to release S3 as just Rockingham (as Scirocco was planned to be part of S1 content). Nobody will pay 12 pounds for a **** Roval in the UK.
Quote from aroX123 :Im woundering if you have realised 90% of competition have disappeared?

Is this a random statistic or have you done your research?

Quote from aroX123 :That youve lost the respect of most of the community.

You can speak for yourself, but not on behalf of "most of the community".

Yes, progress is a little slow on LFS but the content the developers do release is generally of a very high standard, which is perhaps why it takes so long to push updates.

Keep it up, devs. Smile
Quote from Boypower :
Quote from aroX123 :Im woundering if you have realised 90% of competition have disappeared?

Is this a random statistic or have you done your research?

This must be a random statistic, but it does feel like the vast majority of major competitions that used to be host have disappeared/have been shut down.
Quote from Boypower :Keep it up, devs. Smile

This.
#15 - Be2K
i'm curious if one of the Devs could publish a list of planned S3 Content
What we know so far:
Cars:
1. VWS
2. unnamed Car (was stated but not specified)

Tracks:
1. Rockingham
2. unknown Track (announced with Rockingham)
3. unknown Track (https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1893956#post1893956 if its not the same Track as number 2)

Updates:
1. Tyrephisics
2. Reworked S1/S2 Tracks ?
I'm sure it will make sense to release S3 in a few years when 10 people will be around.

Good strategy.

Expecting people to come back is a dead idea. We got the new Westhill, people came back... for a week max.
I don't understand why any game devs would announce content when entitled pricks on forums constantly use any announced content as a rod to beat them with.
It's the whole internet these days.. Look at Facebook, Twitter, it's one big whining contest. We need WWIII or something to reset some value in life and bring back appreciation to other people, their creativities, idea's and work. Most still can be ignored / filtered if you understand whats going on. I find these kind of topics funny because it shows time after time that people are unable to entertain themselves and try to blood suck others to give them energy.

When S1 was out and rumors of S2 where going on, exactly the same behavior could be seen. Not going to put enormous amounts of time to find those posts again but they are there. (I've read back history on this forum on a rainy day, thats why I know).
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I'm sure it will make sense to release S3 in a few years when 10 people will be around.

Good strategy.

Expecting people to come back is a dead idea. We got the new Westhill, people came back... for a week max.

Actually, if I would be Scawen, this wouldn't made a bit of worry to me. If you are all right, and LFS as is, is really dead, than I would feel free to rename it, and milk you full price for S3, presented as "new game".

Would it work? Actually Kunos did that 3 times already? Every time sort of success I think.

Actually I'm afraid it would work much better, than releasing it as LFS S3. Big grin If that will turn out true, it will be the classic irony of real life.
Quote from cargame.nl :We need WWIII or something to reset some value in life

Yeah, because war solves everything.

This proves how absolutely ridiculous and out of touch your views on reality are.
And who are you? Somebody who plays DOTA2 every day. What a life roflol.
Quote from cargame.nl :And who are you? Somebody who plays DOTA2 every day. What a life roflol.

Who are you?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Who are you?

Somebody who doesn't listen to dust in the wind12 (Kansas). Can't understand why you think you have any significance to me, you are doing nothing so you are nothing. Normally you was on my ignore list, that forum feature was great.
aroX123, I don't think you can expect an answer using that tone in the OP. Talking about respect, Scawen has provided for excellent simracing for more than a decade. Family, house and new hobbies sometimes distract software develpers from spending the usual 16 hours a day on coding new content.

There are a few other titles to enjoy today, but if Scawen chooses to make comback with LFS and S3, I'll be the first in line to check it out. I certainly have not lost any respect for the team, on the contrary, and when you state the usual bs and refer to it as being a "community" standpont (including me), I just have to voice my opinion to disagree.

It is sad to see how so many suggest software developers should live their lives only to serv and please people playing a PC-game. Get a grip.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
This thread is closed

Im curious Scawen
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG