The online racing simulator
iRacing Dynamic Tracks update
(21 posts, started )

Dynamic rubber build up has been in rF2 for some time but dynamic temperature seems to be new. It's affected by both sunlight and car interaction. There is also talk about integrating wet surface with it.
Welp, anything to avoid implementing a realistic physics model I suppose.
Quote from Bmxtwins :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Welp, anything to avoid implementing a realistic physics model I suppose.

umad?

Why would I be mad? I'm not brain dead enough to keep paying for iRental.

Or are "umad" cause I'm right Smile
Until another sim with a similar level of competition, that also has a wide variety of oval racing content comes around, I'll still have a reason to race in iRacing. It's not that I'm doing much sim-racing at all ATM because I'm in a difficult situation regarding my ISP right now, but still.

OT: It's definitely a neat feature, the more realistic sim-racing becomes, the more I'll get satisfaction from doing it.
Will be fun on the longer races with the Gen6... Just another way for me to crash!
Quote from Mustangman759 :Will be fun on the longer races with the Gen6... Just another way for me to crash!

As if you needed another way.
Clearly, gets old getting taken out by Brazilians all the time.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Clearly, gets old getting taken out by Brazilians all the time.

Of course, it's always other peoples fault and never your own. Right?
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
Anyone had a go? How is it?
The track surface on ovals is huge. You can feel it rubber in and it has a huge effect on how much grip there is. Also the handling of the car changes drastically. On road no idea, marbles seemed pretty ineffective on on ovals using max rubber. Not sure how they will be as they get cleared under yellow on ovals.
Quote from Mustangman759 :The track surface on ovals is huge. You can feel it rubber in and it has a huge effect on how much grip there is. Also the handling of the car changes drastically.

Not sure if sarcastic Big Eye
Dead serious. You can tell the difference between track conditions
Agreed, you can feel the difference quite easily and the visuals match the feedback for the marbles reasonably too. It's not perfect but it is certainly a step in the right direction. There is a lengthy forum update from Mr Kaemmer himself explaining the current limitations and the approach used which is an interesting read if you like that sort of thing.

As a knock on from the update I'm finding the cars much more bearable in yaw then I ever have before.
Wouldn't mind reading the post but no forum access. Paste?
Ha, too big to quote, attached.

Reading the iRacing forums further it seems there has also been an update to the grass or off road model which most folk are finding much easier to cope with.
Attached files
Dave Kaemmer wrote.doc - 49.5 KB - 309 views
Thanks for that
How does the MX5 handle now?
its mostly not the car handling that changed but the behavior between the track and tires. For me the cars feel like they are actually in the track now and not just gliding across the surface of it.
Quote from yegadoyai :There is a lengthy forum update from Mr Kaemmer himself explaining the current limitations and the approach used which is an interesting read if you like that sort of thing.
(...)
Ha, too big to quote, attached.

That is what Dave posted years ago, when NTM was first released. Did he actually say anything since last build?

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG