The online racing simulator
Simbin: RaceRoom Racing Experience.
(56 posts, started )
I've had the beta for quite a while. You "get into it" quite well, but it isn't anything spectacular by any means. I'd race around on multiplayer if they had it, but I wouldn't buy any additional content.
If i have both the closed beta and open beta installed, should I uninstall the closed beta and stop the update the open beta, or update the closed beta and uninstall the openbeta?
Quote from Gabkicks :If i have both the closed beta and open beta installed, should I uninstall the closed beta and stop the update the open beta, or update the closed beta and uninstall the openbeta?

keep the closed beta. download open beta.

open is only for some time then back to closed. so dont delete it

@phil: for me its alot better feeling than iracing or rfactor. even tho you have to buy cars/tracks, atleast there is a demo (unlike iracing)
Sorry for bumping old thread, but I'm just wondering why are there so few posts... I downloaded it a few weeks ago and I like it quite a lot, especially the sounds. I know the FFB sometimes sucks but I think it's not a reason good enough to ignore this game.
the reason this game is ignored, is that it's expensive to buy all cars and tracks, and who would buy cars to a game without mutiplayer in 2014?
I agree that the content is expensive and the game is not even finished, but I really like the concept of purchasing content and would appreciate it also in LFS. I mean that I'd download the demo, and when I'd want e.g. FZR and Fern Bay, I'd be able to buy (unlock) them without buying the entire S2 and therefore save some money.
Quote from Vojta7 :I agree that the content is expensive and the game is not even finished, but I really like the concept of purchasing content and would appreciate it also in LFS. I mean that I'd download the demo, and when I'd want e.g. FZR and Fern Bay, I'd be able to buy (unlock) them without buying the entire S2 and therefore save some money.

The problem is, that to make small blocks of content sustainable, the prices would be higher to ensure a consistent revenue source. So it wouldn't actually save money. Think about currently how FZR and Fern Bay, that's probably about 2£ for the FZR (tops) and about 4£ for Fern Bay (right now). In a model where you can buy content separately, both would need to be at least twice as expensive just to make sense economically for the Devs.
You tried it couple of days ago, I tried it a year and month ago...

It's good that you enjoy it now, but wait a month and hotlapping (only thing you can do with your purchased tracks and cars) will simply not be funny anymore...

That's why this game is ignored. Paid hotlap festival is not something anyone would try for real.
Quote from Mysho :That's why this game is ignored. Paid hotlap festival is not something anyone would try for real.

RBR is (without mods) also only SP and people love it...
Technically it has multiplayer, but it is not contact racing. plus rally does not involve 2 cars racing side by side
yes. SS,xgames etc
just thought I'll let you know to make even more competition in sim-racing genre.

this game just got updated yesterday and it finally looks like it can be used for sim-racing. :P here's the full changelog as shown on steam:

What’s New (Summary):
•New RRE menus and overlays.
•Single Race in R3E.
•Multiplayer Alpha for R3E.
•Pack system in store.
•Dynamic discount system.
•New Force Feedback
•New Road bumps in listed tracks below.
•AI difficulty can now be selected (R3E only for the moment)
•New skyboxes.

New Content:
New Class in R3E - ADAC GT Masters 2013 Car Class
•Ford GT GT3
•Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3
•Audi R8 LMS Ultra
•BMW Z4 GT3
•Chevrolet Camaro GT3
•Nissan GT-R GT3
•Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

New Car in GTR3 Car Class
•Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

New Tracks in R3E
•Nürburgring
•Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
•EuroSpeedway Lausitz
•Red Bull Ring Spielberg

New Liveries
•18 new Free liveries for Aquila CR-1 Sports GT
•20 new liveries for BMW M1 Procar
•10 new liveries for Chevrolet Daytona Prototype

Game:
•Added a new force feedback settings tab in options with modified and added ffb settings.
•Optimized loading performance
•Changed car reflection option to have Low and High settings.
•We now automatically center the window on screen in windowed mode.
•Changed default value for cockpit head movement from 0.5 to 0.1
•Added option to change AI difficulty in R3E.
•Added Single Race in R3E.
•Added Multiplayer Alpha in R3E.
•Optimized reflections and rendering.

Multiplayer:
•Fixed an issue where the player count wasn’t updating until player had actually joined the track which was resulting in wrong player numbers in the browser.
•Fixed an issue when a player comes from a session without damage and starts a new session in another game mode with damage, damage was off.
•Fixed incorrect wheels RPM for remote cars.
•Improved precision for wheels RPM for remote cars.
•Fixed off-by-one error when rendering remote cars.
•Added smoothing to velocity and rotation of remote cars for better collisions.
•Fixed an issue where the player would get a replay without thumbnail after exiting a MP game during practice.

Art:
•Updated skyboxes.
•Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
•Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
•Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
•Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
•Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
•Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
•Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.
•Fixed a flashing building issue in Mid Ohio.
•Updated RaceRoom Raceway with optimizations for ffb.

Camera & Physics & Force Feedback:
•Updated default profiles to the new FFB improvements. Note: Your old custom profiles will be renamed and backed up when you launch the game after the update. These profiles should not be used due to the new FFB changes.
•Added Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel default profile.
•Added Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel default profile.
•Modified grip on grass.
•Decreased opponent car volume for all GT3 cars.
•Fixed Brands Hatch Turn 2 camera.

Audio
•BMW 635 CSi - Adjusted external sounds.
•Fixed naming issues with DTM pitstop samples.
•Improved BMW GT3 Z4 external sounds.
•Updated GT3 car backfire sounds.

Portal:
•Added pack support. Store can now have content packs.
•Added dynamic discount functionality that gives additional discount on overlapping or owned content.
Well since it is free2play I decided to give it a go. Downloading atm. 15minutes left, 9gig download. Since I'm a distinguished rfactor fanboi I'm sure my opinion is extremely valuable for y'all.
#40 - troy
Not worth it, set it up for 15min played for another 15, deleted. Maybe I took a car that doesn't suit the game (Bimmer) but it felt pretty bad, disconnected. In the end it's gtr evo with a bit more fancy graphics nothing more.
troy you need to try ADAC pack. It's a completely separate game to rest of r3e. The physics, ffb and road feel are all multiple levels better. In some ways even ahead of Assetto Corsa, such as you can actually feel the weight of the car. Lock-ups are modeled brilliantly. Also where these GT cars are more enjoyable compared to Assetto Corsa is out of the corners. The cars can have wheel-spin and the feel of it is a lot better too. And the best thing, braking distances are realistic. No bullshit arcade ceramic brake stopping from 250 to 70 in under 100 meter on downhil haha. You got to brake, sometimes well over 150meter too just like the an over a ton car should.

The netcode, OMG, from the get go it's on such a high level I don't even want to compare it to anything. It works just great and thats good enough to say. I'm telling you, give ADAC pack a shot, it's money well spent from me. All of the cars are unique in their own way and there is 7 of them. Believe me, if you enjoy GT cars any you will love this pack of ADAC.
I did not think it was purely horrible though. All the cars I tried drove the same though. Massive understeer going into turns and some oversteer coming out. And that awesome braking feel? Basically floor the brake pedal and then lift it off slightly when you are down to 3rd gear. Brake too hard and you understeer. It is essentially another iteration of gtr without scripted spins raised from the dead and brought into 2014 with a time machine.

The sounds are great.

The menus are utter shit. You cant even copy paste your password into the login menus so my indestructible 25 character random password was a pain to write. There are no tooltips so you just need to be one of the 3 people in the world who knows what "analog sector1" and return "multiplier means". Personally I think those settings are some kind of insider joke. There is also the worst field of view slider ever created in this game. Instead of degrees it is just a multiplier of 1.0x. You can make it more or less. Why not do it properly? Probably another insider joke... There is also random unresponsiveness with the menu buttons. Sometimes it takes seconds before the game registers your button press. And loading times are slow. Although the first time the game loaded took ages but 2nd time was faster. I'm running it from my slow storage hdd and ssd so that could be causing it.

Anyways I made better menus in uni for a basic programming course homework and it didn't even need to have any menus. Honestly I could make better menus out of cheese with chainsaw. The default track is kinda meh. Two chicanes and the rest of the corners are just massive understeer zones.

For what it is (gt5/6 gt cars on pc) it is not bad. Realism wise it is there with the gt5/6 gt cars with road tires. Understeer going into turns, oversteer coming out. Some throttle control but mostly very shallow experience. No depth in the cars at all. Unlike in ac with the ferrari 458 for example it first understeers into corners but once you start learning it it is just perfect car going into turns. There is no build up. The cars feel the same at 20mph and 200mph no matter if you are 10 s off the pace or 5s.

And that is with the highest realism setting. I was feeling what the cars were doing though and except for the massive push everywhere there really weren't any wtf moments. I turned all graphics to low and I was happily back in the 1998. Gotta catch all dem fps.

I was also getting massive lag at least with the throttle pedal. I could floor the pedal and then lift off before the revs even started rising in the car. Steering did not feel laggy so maybe it is just the random isi engine bugs (iirc you need to calibrate your wheel and pedals in certain order or you get lag).

Nobody at online to race with if you want to race with anything else than the lowest difficulty setting. There is only one track and you need to pay to get more. Doesn't even look like you can grind any content. This isn't even f2p game. It is a demo where you can/have to buy dlc or episodes to eventually get the full game.

I think I'll try it again later just to see what the online is like.

edit. LMAO!!! I just tried online and only thing that is available was novice race. You are forced to have all aids on when driving. It automatically brakes into corners, there is auto gearbox and corner markers on the screen. And it also tries to force you to use chase cam but you can atleast change that. LMAO are they kidding? :d what a joke.

LMAO2: I got into my first "get real" race. And I was forced to use auto gears...

It is fun to drive imho! Not a sim but definitely fun imho. The canhardt car is fun around the default track. It is kinda snappy but very controllable. Easier than gt5. The game has some serious issues though. And I mean serious.

Troy if you tried the hillclimb beemer you probably tried the worst car in the game. It is not a fun car imho.
Dude, adac pack is separate game to race room experience. Completely separate game.
Quote from N I K I :Dude, adac pack is separate game to race room experience. Completely separate game.

Wait what.
Quote :You cant even copy paste your password into the login menus so my indestructible 25 character random password was a pain to write

How is that any game's fault? Being a paranoid is something you have to solve on your own
Quote from Kristi :
Quote :You cant even copy paste your password into the login menus so my indestructible 25 character random password was a pain to write

How is that any game's fault? Being a paranoid is something you have to solve on your own

It is just impractical that I need to write the password manually instead of using copypaste like in every other game I've ever played. It is not 25 letters because I'm paranoid. I just rolled my hand over the keyboard and 25 letters long password is what I got. I already changed it to 5 letters long password.
Quote from Hyperactive :I already changed it to 5 letters long password.

Why did you change your password to penis?
I have no idea. I probably need to get rid of it.
The porsche 935 is kinda nice car for a porsche which has engine in the front and tires that peak at 45 degrees... Which is the way it drives in r3e... That of course makes it super easy to drive the cars when the cars rotate and yaw so freely. Getting the cars to rotate into corners takes no skill at all because you can not fail to not get enough yaw. It is also impossible to spin because of it because it is so difficult to overdo it.

There is also no skill to get back on power and accidentally "breaking that yaw" on corner exits. You know, you brake hard into turn, turn in and get the car rotated nicely and the rear steps out perfectly but then you don't add enough gas and the rear stops sliding and you get big understeer moment on corner exit. Well that simply doesn't happen in r3e. No matter how you feed the power in you can exit all corners sideways.

Anyways the 935 is still fun to drive if you don't mind it being arcade. Plus it completely blows away all the other group 5 cars in a straight line.

Simbin: RaceRoom Racing Experience.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG