The online racing simulator
Polar Bear VS Killer Whale
(42 posts, started )
Not for nothing, but, Human can make a Killer Whale (Orca} Jump through a Hoop..never seen me no Polar Bear Jump.

A Killer Whale will eat a Walrus..so will a Polar bear...but a Killer Whale will jump through a hoop..Never have I seen a report (article) of a Polar Bear doing that.

Why won't a Killer Whale eat a Polar Bear?

A Killer Whale loves Mankind ( dances in tanks)...to the Polar Bear...you're lunch.

Prove me wrong
Polar bear can eat the hoop.
Transient orcas in the arctic might attack a polar bear swimming in the water Wink

Orcas do not love mankind, they're intelligent and recognize the men who are holding the food until they jump through a hoop.

Orcas kill people in tanks.

Btw, don't go to visit Kiska in Niagara Falls.
Quote from Blas89 :Transient orcas in the arctic might attack a polar bear swimming in the water Wink

Orcas do not love mankind, they're intelligent and recognize the men who are holding the food until they jump through a hoop.

Killer Whales Are some of the smartest animals on the planet. And like us and Chimpanzees, they kill for fun.
There was a captive killer whale that lived up to his name. He killed three trainers the exact same way.
Since he was a whale and not human, it was determined that it was not his fault. Same M.O. waited for the exact moment to strike...
No. It was his fault. The killer whale knew exactly what the results would be from his actions.
He was a Serial Killer Whale. Read up on serial killer research, then look at the details of this particular whale. He has all the symptoms of a typical sociopath except the playing with fire part.
There was talk of releasing this whale. If they do, humans won't be the only ones recklessly killing off ocean life.

Who would win in a fight between a Great White Shark and a leopard?
Quote from Racer Y :
Quote from Blas89 :Transient orcas in the arctic might attack a polar bear swimming in the water Wink

Killer Whales Are some of the smartest animals on the planet. And like us and Chimpanzees, they kill for fun.
There was a captive killer whale that lived up to his name. He killed three trainers the exact same way.
Since he was a whale and not human, it was determined that it was not his fault. Same M.O. waited for the exact moment to strike...
No. It was his fault. The killer whale knew exactly what the results would be from his actions.
He was a Serial Killer Whale. Read up on serial killer research, then look at the details of this particular whale. He has all the symptoms of a typical sociopath except the playing with fire part.
There was talk of releasing this whale. If they do, humans won't be the only ones recklessly killing off ocean life.

Are you talking about Tilikum? He's stressed out, he kills because of the way he feels. Other killer whales and dolphins have committed suicide for the same thing.

Also, they don't kill "for fun", they kill to eat and out of frustration.
Quote from Blas89 :
Quote from Racer Y :

Are you talking about Tilikum? He's stressed out, he kills because of the way he feels. Other killer whales and dolphins have committed suicide for the same thing.

Also, they don't kill "for fun", they kill to eat and out of frustration.

I don't remember the name of the whale.
Yeah they do kill for fun. Or for sport, if you want to be polite about it. They kill a lot of time in the wild just to teach the young how to hunt. but sometimes all that can be guessed is... boredom.
As far as the serial killer whale goes... He killed each victim the same method. Grabbed them in the same spot waited til they were in the same position.... Just like Ted Bundy did when he pretended to be hobbled on crutches outside of his van. The stress of being confined, just like his human counterparts took a toll.
But no this whale had a psychotic streak from the get go.
Orca are the largest member of the dolphin family, they are NOT whales, nor are they dangerous to humans..

And if you were locked up as he was you'd probably go psychotic too. They kill in the wild for food, same as we kill for food.

In the wild there are very few recorded attacks on humans, and they generally occurred because we looked like seals.

We have a large number of pods migrating around NZ and they are beautiful to watch in the wild, they even cruise into Wellington harbour sometimes on a tiki tour.

Generally they are no threat at all, polar bears on the other hand seem to be quite a bit more dangerous.
Actually... I think I may be a little wrong here... A psychopath kills its own kind. Even in captivity, I haven't heard of killer whales attacking each other. So ..... Higher life form animal cruelty?... Yeah higher life form animal cruelty. That's the ticket!

I was wade fishing once and this dolphin Poked his head up right beside me and was looking at me. He really didn't look so friendly, in fact he wasn't.
So what this dolphin is doing is watching me. Then he focuses on the rod.
I get a strike on the line, the dolphin magically disappears.... so did the bite I had on the line.
That bastard did that to me three times!!!
Quote from Blas89 :Here, have a read:

http://science.kqed.org/quest/2011/07/20/why-killer-whales-don%E2%80%99t-eat-people-where-science-and-legend-meet/

They attack each other Racer Y, but just like dogs attack the weakest one... Some whales are seen with marks on their fins and body.

There are some videos on Youtube where you can see some orcas harassing others at Seaworld.

Badass dolphin lol.

Oh yeah, they fight amongst themselves, but outright homicide... lol mamicide? Nah, I was wrong about that.
I don't think they should be kept in captivity no matter what.

Yeah, that dolphin. You know he never made a sound. None of that singing noises you always hear about.
Yeah you think after all the fish he snagged from me he could've at least did a couple of flips or something.

oh... that's a pretty good article too. I'm not so convinced about the "just lashing out" part. Nah. Three times?

Don't you read* ?Smile, Dolphins have already saved your arse once. The least you can do is provide some extra fish !

Interesting article on Orca. I think their much smarter than dogs, they have the brains to kill those who ^!$$ them off in captivity. And that's worse than being in solitary for us. They've done nothing wrong...

"Dolphins are brilliant — the second smartest beings on the planet. Scientists have just declared that dolphins are so intelligent, they should be treated as “non-human persons.” As such, to imprison dolphins in tanks, exploit them in amusement parks, or slaughter them (such as the tragic Taiji killings) is as morally atrocious as slavery and torture."
http://www.globalanimal.org/2011/02/22/dolphins-smarter-than-your-three-year-old/

* Free copy of the book you haven't read Smile

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
I am a bit disappointed that noone took any notice of the video I posted that shows a polar bear literally jumping through a hoop...
@Racer Y

They don't go around jumping in the wild... I think he didn't make any sound because he was loaded with food! Haha!

Yeah the article is nice, I was trying to look for another one I read about a month ago but I couldn't find it in my Facebook, I think somebody took it off the internet, it was about dolphin intelligence... Very extensive article but really nice.

@Racer X NZ

Nice book! I downloaded it and will try to give it a read... Next to the many others I have pending to read on the list lol.

Yes, dolphins should be treated as non-human persons! I once read an article (I think it was the same I'm saying to Racer Y) that said the dolphin's brain evolved much faster than ours but then it halted and man's evolved a bit more... So at some point in time they were the most intelligent beings on Earth!

@ColeusRattus

I did watch it, but found it too depressing!
Quote from Blas89 :@Racer Y

They don't go around jumping in the wild... I think he didn't make any sound because he was loaded with food! Haha!

Yeah the article is nice, I was trying to look for another one I read about a month ago but I couldn't find it in my Facebook, I think somebody took it off the internet, it was about dolphin intelligence... Very extensive article but really nice.

@Racer X NZ

Nice book! I downloaded it and will try to give it a read... Next to the many others I have pending to read on the list lol.

Yes, dolphins should be treated as non-human persons! I once read an article (I think it was the same I'm saying to Racer Y) that said the dolphin's brain evolved much faster than ours but then it halted and man's evolved a bit more... So at some point in time they were the most intelligent beings on Earth!

@ColeusRattus

I did watch it, but found it too depressing!

I don't think that the dolphins are undisputed #2 anymore. There is some debate as to whether Killer Whales are actually smarter. And I own a Scarlet Macaw. Throw in that guy, African Grey parrots and timber wolves into the mix and gets even harder to distinguish. Let's not forget the Humboldt Squid either.
Research shows these other species are proving to be extremely high in intelligence as well.
Especially the African Grey and Humboldt Squid.
I think it's hard to rank them (Orcas vs Bottlenose Dophins) but yeah there are many other very intelligent animals out there!

Crows, I think I've heard pigs are very intelligent too, etc.
-
(zhengua) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
Quote from Blas89 :I think it's hard to rank them (Orcas vs Bottlenose Dophins) but yeah there are many other very intelligent animals out there!

Pigs? They're about as smart as a dog.
Crows.... Ravens? about 1990 or so, ravens were observed in Japan throwing nuts down at cross walks in traffic intersections. They did this so the cars would run over the nuts when they had a green light. When the light turned red, the ravens would go and pick up and eat the nuts that got crushed open.
This ability somehow spread top the West coast of the US. A few years ago, I noticed ravens starting to do tat here.
At first you can assume that all these birds got this same idea as a coincident. But when you look at the time frame between observations and that these observations are starting out west and moving east, It looks a lot like learned behavior being passed about.
Quote from Racer Y :
Quote from Blas89 :I think it's hard to rank them (Orcas vs Bottlenose Dophins) but yeah there are many other very intelligent animals out there!

Crows.... Ravens? about 1990 or so, ravens were observed in Japan throwing nuts down at cross walks in traffic intersections. They did this so the cars would run over the nuts when they had a green light. When the light turned red, the ravens would go and pick up and eat the nuts that got crushed open.
This ability somehow spread top the West coast of the US. A few years ago, I noticed ravens starting to do tat here.
At first you can assume that all these birds got this same idea as a coincident. But when you look at the time frame between observations and that these observations are starting out west and moving east, It looks a lot like learned behavior being passed about.

Dogs are as smart as a 2 year old kid, that's very intelligent I guess if we talk about animals, so pigs are intelligent too!

Ravens, crows, birds! They know how to use tools to get food out of difficult places... Your comments about them learning from west to east is interesting!
Quote from Blas89 :
Quote from Racer Y :

Dogs are as smart as a 2 year old kid, that's very intelligent I guess if we talk about animals, so pigs are intelligent too!

Ravens, crows, birds! They know how to use tools to get food out of difficult places... Your comments about them learning from west to east is interesting!

Yeah I thought that was interesting as well.
What I think is strange is how much more intelligent wolves are than dogs. Or at least that's what I've been led to believe. I haven't really kept up with any research on it.

Check out our Kea if you want an intelligent non human animal.
"Kea can solve logical puzzles, such as pushing and pulling things in a certain order to get to food, and will work together to achieve a certain objective.[5] They have been filmed preparing and using tools.[6]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kea

"Their curiosity leads them to peck and carry away unguarded items of clothing or to pry apart rubber parts of cars — to the entertainment and annoyance of human observers. They are often described as "cheeky". A kea has even been reported to have made off with a Scottish man's passport while he was visiting Fiordland National Park.[25]"

Usually they are more the Jeremy Clarkson of the animal world, "F the Police !"

And this.

Crow vs Kea in scientific intelligence tests.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/06/08/crows-and-parrots-%E2%80%93-brainy-birds-but-in-different-ways/#.VWQMuFWqpBc

"Animal intelligence isn’t a single thing. There is no standard IQ test for them to sit, and no universal checklist of skills to score them against. Instead, animals have evolved mental abilities to cope with different lifestyles and environments. Many early studies into animal intelligence simply looked at whether animals could or couldn’t perform specific tasks. But it’s far more interesting to see why and how they do different things, and how their own particular brand of intelligence has evolved.

That’s why Auersperg, along with Alex Kacelnik from the University of Oxford, decided to work with two of the planet’s brainiest birds – not to pit them against each other, but to understand how they differ."

"Keas are notoriously inquisitive and attracted to new things. In its native New Zealand, it uses it beak to explore (and destroy) everything from nests to picnic baskets to windshield wipers. All of Auersperg’s keas immediately (and violently) explored all four openings in the box, pulling, tearing, scratching and probing at them. “They seemed to approach the apparatus in a playful, toddler-like manner,” she says. Most of them tried to overturn the box, which Auersperg had to nail to the floor. One of them, Luke, even broke the Plexiglas."
Quote from Racer X NZ :

Check out our Kea if you want an intelligent non human animal.
"Kea can solve logical puzzles, such as pushing and pulling things in a certain order to get to food, and will work together to achieve a certain objective.[5] They have been filmed preparing and using tools.[6]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kea

"Their curiosity leads them to peck and carry away unguarded items of clothing or to pry apart rubber parts of cars — to the entertainment and annoyance of human observers. They are often described as "cheeky". A kea has even been reported to have made off with a Scottish man's passport while he was visiting Fiordland National Park.[25]"

Usually they are more the Jeremy Clarkson of the animal world, "F the Police !"

And this.

Crow vs Kea in scientific intelligence tests.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/06/08/crows-and-parrots-%E2%80%93-brainy-birds-but-in-different-ways/#.VWQMuFWqpBc

"Animal intelligence isn’t a single thing. There is no standard IQ test for them to sit, and no universal checklist of skills to score them against. Instead, animals have evolved mental abilities to cope with different lifestyles and environments. Many early studies into animal intelligence simply looked at whether animals could or couldn’t perform specific tasks. But it’s far more interesting to see why and how they do different things, and how their own particular brand of intelligence has evolved.

That’s why Auersperg, along with Alex Kacelnik from the University of Oxford, decided to work with two of the planet’s brainiest birds – not to pit them against each other, but to understand how they differ."

"Keas are notoriously inquisitive and attracted to new things. In its native New Zealand, it uses it beak to explore (and destroy) everything from nests to picnic baskets to windshield wipers. All of Auersperg’s keas immediately (and violently) explored all four openings in the box, pulling, tearing, scratching and probing at them. “They seemed to approach the apparatus in a playful, toddler-like manner,” she says. Most of them tried to overturn the box, which Auersperg had to nail to the floor. One of them, Luke, even broke the Plexiglas."

I didn't read any of your links yet, but I know there was an African Grey Parrot at the University of Arizona that could read and engage in conversation with humans.
I have heard of all sorts of antics from parrots in New Zealand. I remember one case of a flock of them taking turns ringing a door bell to annoy the people inside the house.

LOL One day I got one of those stupid telephone sales calls. I let my bird "answer" the phone. I picked up the phone and put it next to his head. He never really messed with phones before, but he knew from watching everyone else to say "hello". Poor bastard he didn't realize that there was a voice on the other end.
They say hello back, he freaks out and lets out one of his trademarked high decibel squawks.
Hopefully the idiot on the other end used that experience as justification to find a new job.
Tools and birds. My bird knows how to operate a cigarette lighter. Well he understands the concept. He's not afraid of fire. He associates it with food. I haven't seen him actually get one to work (it was a bic) He knew to spin the roller but he couldn't spin it fast enough to spark.
No where do I see a Killer Whale..nice try

I asked a question..

Seems to me no one can explain it..I know why.
Quote from ColeusRattus :

And F^ck that..no polar bear would do that ...see any hoola h
oops..bikes?

Shut up///
I thought you were going to post something useful man... Damn!

(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG