The online racing simulator
#52 - mr_x
Can't wait! I love using the DK2, it's an incredibly cool piece of tech to have, I'll be putting in a day 1 pre-order without doubt. Smile
I'm sorry, but if Microsoft thinks that people are gonna wear a **** headset around in public or at work, they're 100% out of touch with real life.
Just give it some time, new things can be scary, I know.

HoloLens will be amazing, can't wait to hear what it might cost for consumers...
Quote from Bose321 :Just give it some time, new things can be scary, I know.

HoloLens will be amazing, can't wait to hear what it might cost for consumers...

Except how is it amazing? Do you really want to walk around a room to use a computer? It seems like Microsoft needed 1 more platform bullet point when building Windows 10, and spun the Nintendo Gimmick Wheel and came up on "Head Mounted Display".
Use any room or environment as a space to create a virtual workspace? What's not to like? I wouldn't wear it outside my house either, but I don't see how Hololens is bad and just a gimmick.
Quote from Bose321 :Use any room or environment as a space to create a virtual workspace? What's not to like? I wouldn't wear it outside my house either, but I don't see how Hololens is bad and just a gimmick.

Maybe you can use Hololens to determine that Hololens is a gimmick.

Shared for education. If you've never read this, WTF ?????
Here you go.....

This book should be a required read for everyone today. FFS, his language and books have given us todays tech !

If your incapable of reading, here's Johnny Mnemonic, One of his short stories. Written before Neuromancer but filmed much later. With Keanu Reeves so you can watch this with your significant other Smile
If you read then here's the original story. Sorry, my bad. The link is to his story 'Burning Chrome' my bad, see below for the Johnny Mnemonic link .....

OK, try here.... However the movie is only a shadow, or a holographic fragment of the original short story. This, if you appreciate language, tech, scifi, should be read. Smile
http://www.flawedart.net/courses/articles/Gibson_Johnny%20_Mnemonic.pdf

... I looked back down in time to see him explode.

Playback on full recall shows Ralfi stepping foward as the little tech sidles out of nowhere, smiling. Just a suggestion of a bow, and his left thumb falls off. It'a a conjuring trick. The thumb hangs suspended. Mirrors? Wires?
And Ralfi stops, his back to us, dark crescents of sweat under the armpits of his pale summer suit. He knows. He must have known. And then the joke-shop thumbtip, heavy as lead, arcs out in a lighting yo-yo trick, and the invisible thread connecting it to the killer's hand passes laterally through Ralfi's skull, just above his eyebrows, whips up, and descends, slicing the pearshaped torso diagonally from shoulder to
rib cage. Cuts so fine that no blood flows until synapses misfire and the first tremors surrender the body to gravity.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG