The online racing simulator
McGherkin's WRC (Westhill Rally Championship) Stages
Enjoy! I'll do more and upload them as I go.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3
Excelent! Thumbs up
please share!!! and RB4 Sound too Smile
Nice
really very thakns!!!Thumbs up
#7 - Ryoso
Saw these on YT! Drove them, and all I can say is EXCELLENT. Just plain EXCELLENT.
hello @mcgherkin: these are really nice rally stages! very well layout and challenging! can you please publish stage 3?

thank you!

peace, mo
@mcgherkin: wow, you have managed to do another stunning rally stage!
i really like your talent to find new corners and combinations and form them into a great challenge.
please do not stop making these rally stages. they are remarkable!
some corners in stage 3 are a bit hard to see, maybe add some more markers at crucial points.

if the other tracks in lfs also get surrounding roads i hope you continue your amazing work so we get more of that fabulous stages.

thank you!

peace, mo
Thanks! It's a pain not having a codriver Frown

I'll see what I can do but there's only so much variety you can get before you start running the same roads over and over.
yeah, a co driver would be excellent! that is why i like richard burns rally so much - that game is on my harddrive nearly as long as lfs... and still i haven´t found anything that comes close to it. just imagine if eric would make some tracks like in rbr, but with lfs physics?

in lfs we already have the possibility to share a car in multiplayer and to hand it over in the pits - wouldn´t it be awesome to join a car together to play these rally stages?

peace, mo
Well with multiplayer it's quite easy, use teamspeak and spec the driver. Could even take turns to drive and codrive.

RBR is awesome though, especially with RSRBR too.
Nice routes. I must admit it took me several attempts to complete the first one and even that was with some failing so I did not even look at the time. Tilt

Quote from McGherkin :It's a pain not having a codriver Frown

I have an idea how to do basic pace notes with insim and will give that a try. But it will require a "config file" for each track. So one would have to download the layout and then another file.
Yeah, I'll do more stages in future. Including a head-to-head Super Special Stage.

Insim pace notes sound great, I'm not good enough to do it myself though.

The setup's nothing special, but so many people have asled for it that I may as well post it later.
I'm just thinking out loud here, but isn't there some kind of "trigger" event in the layout editor? Something that will play a soundfile when the driver is in a certain position or passes a hidden checkpoint...

...Then we'd have to find a voice actor...
Quote from Ripley :I'm just thinking out loud here, but isn't there some kind of "trigger" event in the layout editor? Something that will play a soundfile when the driver is in a certain position or passes a hidden checkpoint...

Unfortunately the only "trigger" is finish line - crossing it triggers crowd ovations sound.
Split-times work as triggers too, but 3 splits is not enough of course.
I do not not if the "green route-checkers" work as triggers but it would not be sufficient: There must also be a way to tell which sound the trigger should play. ("left!" or "right!" etc)
But one can use coordinates from MCI packets. First drive the route slowly and press buttons to place 'notes', then save the notes, then the notes get played back if you come near their location.
At least that is the idea so far, hope it will work as planned.

And hm yes, voice actor would be cool, stealing sounds from other rallye games is not so good.
I'm sure I can put on my best Nicky Grist impression Wink (I'm joking!)
#20 - w126
Quote from Gutholz :But one can use coordinates from MCI packets. First drive the route slowly and press buttons to place 'notes', then save the notes, then the notes get played back if you come near their location.

I think the difficult part is that the notes should be played before the place where they were set (for example, during recce you know the turn severity only after driving through it). In addition, how much in advance they should be played depends on how fast the car is and on specific driver preferences (RBR has earlier-later slider in the settings, AFAIR, some version of Dirt, too).
It will be nowhere as advanced as RBR's pacenote editor.
Just a little help, say you are coming up from the tunnel and because of the hill you can not see if road turns left or right. Then it is good to have codriver hint.
Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I've actually started work on making some Pace Notes for a new completed layout I've made. This is because for the 2 servers I'm running with long rally type layouts, lots of people get lost first few times they try it - in fact, what happens is, they start, get lost, restart, get bit further, lost, restart, further still, lost, disconnect.

This, even when I have lots of signs.

Made a video of start of my new layout with Pace Notes, as still a long lot of notes to go.

And still not quite sure what I want to show, and how I want to show it, and I'm having real problems trying to decide what severity number rating I give a corner, where 6 is barely a kink, and 1 is almost a u-turn.

And, of course, everything will be in English.
Attached images
LFS Potential Pace Notes.jpg
Just finished drawing up a provisional route for the SSS. Great fun to drive but I think the two halves are a bit too different so you don't get the two cars crossing the start finish line at similar times. Will take a fair bit of tweaking I think.
-
(szympat) DELETED by szympat : Got it working already
0.6H.

You'll need to select Westhill International X (WE2X) to see the stages.
Quote from szympat :For what version of LFS are this layouts? And if its for 0.6H how to use it? I dont see it on the list

You'll need to buy an S2 license, as Westhill, along with Aston and Kyoto, only available with this license, along with a number of additional cars.

See LFS wiki for details.

McGherkin's WRC (Westhill Rally Championship) Stages
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG