The online racing simulator
Route checker
(7 posts, started )
Route checker
After coming back to LFS and making layouts again, my problem is that the route checkers are not really do their job as should needed.

For e.g.:

You make a track for "drift" and you put some route checkers to avoid players to go backwards on autocross tracks and u leave the option to make some shortcut , but the "intelligent" player use the shortcut to do an "extra" small round inside the track to double his drift points "cheating" the system. So the only problem is that ppl can go trough twice or many times on a route checker without spectating them. Why the route checker are not "numbered" ? So players must go trough on a route checker only once !
Attached images
order.jpg
Route checkers are numbered. They show as "route index: n", where n is a number.

If you put your 5 route checkers as per your image, and later decide you want to put in another - say between 3 and 4, then you place your new checkpoint, and click on "route index: ", and give that the number 4, which will automatically increase all higher numbers by 1 and renumber accordingly.

At the moment, you only get wrong way message, and subsequent spec, if you miss a number in sequence. I agree that would be much better if you pass a checkpoint twice, that the same would happen as missing one.

Until that happens, all you can do is try make your route checkers as small as possible, and place barriers and/or restricted area circles where you think people might cheat.
Thanks You sinanju, hopefully the devs 'll correct this small "mistake" and 'll correct. I'm sure they do the best but sometimes they "ignore" little things which are not important for most of the ppl, but important for a few others.

A thanks button would be great too in that forum too ! Smile
BTW, Just thinking can you actually have a same route circle twice? I mean if number 6 for example has putted twice in a track?
No, and if you try it, the others will be renumbered, but likely in wrong sequence. For instance, if you have route circles 1 to 8, add an additional circle between 4 and 5, then this circle will be named 9. If you change that to 5, and change the existing 5, which is now renumbered to 6, back to 5, then 4 might become 6.
NO , u cant have twice, but you can drive trough many times as you want on a single route checker and you can go backwards as well. So that route checkers is only good to follow the path and works well only when you skip one and you drive into another one, then u get spectated... Other ways is pointless. It's not works how they should work ... :/
If driving through an already "completed" checkpoint caused penality then certain layouts would not be possible. (for example layouts where you come back to drive a part of the track twice)
Having both ways would be most flexible.

Route checker
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG