The online racing simulator
LFS SUMO Project Reanimation
(47 posts, started )
I think it's coming along nicely so far. Smile All we need is a lot of people to test and some general ideas and feedback I guess.
Here is my support of having different one of sumo layout!

40 slots and tighter area, it is theoretical possibility to shrink the layout if 2-3 sumoers left. Have fun.

The hole in middle? That is special one Smile

EDIT: I can quickly make larger one, if needed or different elements, as background will be same

EDIT2: Replaced fixed one
EDIT2: Replaced fixed one ( new one )
Attached images
lfs_00000087.jpg
Attached files
AU2_SUMO_UM21_02_FIX2.lyt - 2.6 KB - 250 views
That hole in the middle should be a lot of fun I think! I'll load it on the server to try.
Join to testing new layout and other funky things!
Well that was entertaining. Smile

One possible suggestion would be to make the square slightly bigger and add holes close to the corners too. Everyone seemed to end up just driving around the central hole.

Needs more peril!
Really nice, Iam up and test this , but i agree with more holes in the corners and a bit bigger square! Nice!
Quote from mbutcher :Well that was entertaining. Smile

One possible suggestion would be to make the square slightly bigger and add holes close to the corners too. Everyone seemed to end up just driving around the central hole.

Needs more peril!

Interesting suggestion, I will make a layout with those ideas

Needs more peril!

This hole-idea is nice but we have to keep it simple. Big arena with a hole in the centre is not an arena just by the definition. Less objects = better. We can make several modes but can't join them together. We can switch once to the original one arena and once to the funnel-style one with a hole in the centre but with walls on the outside so you can knockout the others in one place only.

Whole idea is based on the ring, sumo, not a survival track.

Also I guess 24 cars is the maximum if we want to avoid mayhem and lucky wins. In previous Sumo you had to think and drive tricky to win the battle with high amount of KO's few times in a row.
I want to keep that behaviour and it's impossible with 40 cars and lucky wins by chaos.

Cheers,
Quote from BlueWind :

Needs more peril!

This hole-idea is nice but we have to keep it simple. Big arena with a hole in the centre is not an arena just by the definition. Less objects = better. We can make several modes but can't join them together. We can switch once to the original one arena and once to the funnel-style one with a hole in the centre but with walls on the outside so you can knockout the others in one place only.

Whole idea is based on the ring, sumo, not a survival track.

Also I guess 24 cars is the maximum if we want to avoid mayhem and lucky wins. In previous Sumo you had to think and drive tricky to win the battle with high amount of KO's few times in a row.
I want to keep that behaviour and it's impossible with 40 cars and lucky wins by chaos.

Cheers,

After thinking that, yes you are right.

But at least we definitely want to try some point with all maxed out, maybe somekind of super special event in some day when it happens ( if happens )
Today I've started working on another great addition to the system: a connection to a database. I will track all information from players and rounds to view back later.
I could not connect to server. (maybe the special symbols in name)
Anyway for arena, Blackwood has a building behind pits with nice flat roof. It is possible to drive on there.
Maybe use that? The concrete arenas look very abstract to me...

Needs more peril!

Here!
Attached images
lfs_00000088.jpg
Quote from Gutholz :I could not connect to server. (maybe the special symbols in name)
Anyway for arena, Blackwood has a building behind pits with nice flat roof. It is possible to drive on there.
Maybe use that? The concrete arenas look very abstract to me...

I will try to make one in there as well, I will make different variations like

EDIT: Sorry for DP, wrong button
This looks great, looking forward how this is going to work out.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :

Needs more peril!

Here!

Basically exactly what I had in mind Smile
We did some test rounds yesterday and I think it's safe to say it's a lot of fun! Right now I'm working on adding achievements to the Insim, and everything is saved in the database. So you can now check your stats and so on. Now all we need is some players! Smile
Excellent! Remember to add some extra points Smile
Today me and UM21 have worked on a large list of achievements. We think this will add some competition to the game, and something else to play for. The game is working well and I'm really pleased with the progress I've booked in these couple of days. I can't thank all the old veterans enough for helping me test and think for new and fun ideas. Now all we need is more people! Smile
Quote from Bose321 :Today me and UM21 have worked on a large list of achievements. We think this will add some competition to the game, and something else to play for. The game is working well and I'm really pleased with the progress I've booked in these couple of days. I can't thank all the old veterans enough for helping me test and think for new and fun ideas. Now all we need is more people! Smile

join now! New things added!
Server name changed!

LFSSUMO Tournaments
New things appears to be in server:

Award calculator
New achievement
Time limits
Border zones
Few more stats

join join!
One question for the programmers amongst us: is there any way I can detect people with high ping? I am aware of the lag flag in the MCI packet, but that's not enough.

The server seems to perform fine, but there are obviously some people with high pings that spike above 200 which cause 'lag hits' for others. I was wondering if I can detect those people somehow...

I've heard airio has some sort of lag percentage in its options? How does that work? Is that also simply the MCI lag flag? Maybe the refresh interval of airio is very high so it can detect it? I have it set to 100 right now, but it doesn't seem to detect enough people.

LFS SUMO Project Reanimation
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG