The online racing simulator
Emergency Vehicle Driver Training in LFS (Using DK2)
For those of you who don't know, I'm the Chief of Operations for an ambulance corps. One of the areas of intense focus for myself and the whole department is safety of the providers and pedestrians enroute to a call. As such, we spent quite a lot of time ensuring that anyone who wishes to become a MVO (Motor Vehicle Operator) for the department has gone through a rigorous training program before being allowed to hit the road. Our training program currently lines up like this:
  1. Module 1: Classroom Training - Driver Training Lecture (~4 Hours)
  2. Module 2: Non-Emergency Driving - Non-Emergency Driver Training in Ambulances (At Least 10 Hours)
  3. Module 3: Road Course - Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (CEVO) / Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) Practical (~6 Hours)
  4. Module 4: Map, Radio & Siren. - Exam. (~6 Hours)
  5. Module 5: Parking Practical & Radio Test. (~6 Hours)
  6. Module 6: Emergency Driving - At Least 5 Supervised Emergency Calls (At least 5 hours).
I just ordered a DK2 and want to train people before they even get into any of the department vehicles on vehicle control. The best way to do that is too send them to race school just like the local police department sends their highway patrol guys too Skip Barber Racing School. But seeing as we don't have that much money, spending some on the DK2 (~$350) and a racing wheel (~$299 - $1500) I should be able to get close too the same effect.

What I would REALLY love is to have Wantagh and Levittown's Fire District loaded into a map on Live For Speed. I was wondering if we (WLVAC) and the devs for Live For Speed would be willing too collaborate on this project. There is a very large health system that just spent over a million dollars on a vehicle training simulator that doesn't even come close too the level of detail that LFS could with the DK2 and an ECCI racing wheel. I'd like to do a better job then them, at a percent of their price.

We are talking about recreating about 6 square miles within Live For Speed as an extra map. I was thinking of taking information from Google Maps (or Open Map Project) and converting it over too the map format that LFS uses. Then I'd just need to make an InSim App to notify the driver on what road they are on. I would like to also place homes onto this area, so we could run mock calls too these places. We'd have them start for HQ and "respond" too the call location all within the Live For Speed environment. Seeing the progress made in 0.6H has really inspired me into this path.
Good inspiration! But I have to say, with the resources and development of speed, that's a quite alot asked. Also, the real life driving experience talks. Sure a LFS can actually increase side-experience and gives the theorical info and knowledge. Also car, and track and physics... well no idea when this will happen.

That is high priority suggestion, and I actually give +1 ( because talking medical things, those are always high priorities, regardless of anyone cars ) and driving an ambulance would be fun in LFS
The last ambulance we purchased, back in early 2014, the company that designed it made a 3D model of it. They told me that they were unwilling to part with their creation, but I think I might be able to persuade them. Can't same the same for the Fly Car tho. That's pretty much a stock 2015 Chevy Tahoe Police Package with a metric shit ton of lights on it. (You'd be surprised how many people still don't know to move over.)
what kind of cars you have? any pics in public?
Ambulance 293

Flycar 2999 (Under Snow)
#6 - troy
Maybe it would be worth looking at AC, there could be some modder helping you out if you ask nicely.
Yeah, you'll have better luck with Assetto Corsa.
Would civilian cars, traffic lights, pedestrians and so on not be a big part of driving on open public roads? Traffic that does (not) react to siren etc.
Race sims seems unsuited to handle that. Maybe as a GTA mod or so. Shrug
The problem is that GTA has undriveable physics... After I bought GTA V and got amazed by beautiful world I talked to myself "Why the hell doesn't it have LFS physics?!?!"
I know, there will come many many mods that improve vehicles handling, but it will never be the same.
Quote from R@fiXII :The problem is that GTA has undriveable physics... After I bought GTA V and got amazed by beautiful world I talked to myself "Why the hell doesn't it have LFS physics?!?!"
I know, there will come many many mods that improve vehicles handling, but it will never be the same.

GTA IV had better driving physics than V :/
You're absolutely right Smile But it was very monotonous..
Quote from fatalunfair :
Quote from R@fiXII :The problem is that GTA has undriveable physics... After I bought GTA V and got amazed by beautiful world I talked to myself "Why the hell doesn't it have LFS physics?!?!"

GTA IV had better driving physics than V :/

GTA V physics fit how GTAV needs to be played a lot better. Could you imagine the under/oversteer that GTA4 cars had in some of the GTAV missions? They'd be **** atrocious.
Yea but in GTA V I'm driving everywhere but not where I want to Big grin

Emergency Vehicle Driver Training in LFS (Using DK2)
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG