The online racing simulator
How Precise is Your Drifting ?
(10 posts, started )
The new ramps in Z30/31 provide good grip, allowing us to do some interesting things on them. Today, I put lots of ramps on some drifting lyts to make them more challenging. Suddenly, I came up with a better idea.

Your goal is to hit as many posts as your can without falling off the ramps or spin. The normal way to do this is to drive your rear-outside wheel to the edge without falling off them. For aliens (we see lots of them here), it may be a good idea to let the wheel fall down and then get it back on the ramps again.

Attached images
01.jpg
02.jpg
Attached files
AU2_Drift_Test.lyt - 508 B - 526 views
BTW, looking forward to a physics update. As some people have pointed out, the new ramps throw your car out for no reason. When I try to do this the alien way, 3 times out of 5 the wrong physics kills my XRT.
This is a neat idea.
Imma try this stuff out when I'm done on here.
Quote from Keling :BTW, looking forward to a physics update. As some people have pointed out, the new ramps throw your car out for no reason. When I try to do this the alien way, 3 times out of 5 the wrong physics kills my XRT.

Which patch are you using? I'm on Z32 and it doesn't throw me away at all.

I've tried this and its epic fun drifting up the ramp! So much fun i've used the idea in 3 of my new layouts It shouldn't throw you away like in the past..
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :Which patch are you using? I'm on Z32 and it doesn't throw me away at all.

I've tried this and its epic fun drifting up the ramp! So much fun i've used the idea in 3 of my new layouts It shouldn't throw you away like in the past..

Z31 when I was posting #1.

Tried Z32, no difference at all.
Quote from Keling :Z31 when I was posting #1.

Tried Z32, no difference at all.

Works perfectly fine for me... Check that there are absolutely no gaps between ramps
He probably means that when you are over the edge of the ramp, it will throw you up like when hitting the old Z28 barriers. I'd make a video to show it, but I'm not arsed to do it.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :He probably means that when you are over the edge of the ramp, it will throw you up like when hitting the old Z28 barriers. I'd make a video to show it, but I'm not arsed to do it.

When I drive with 4 wheels ON the ramps, no problem. But when one wheel runs over the edge, oh no...
Quote from Keling :

When I drive with 4 wheels ON the ramps, no problem. But when one wheel runs over the edge, oh no...

Thats your problem then Lol sorry I didn't realise... All mine have a wall run on the edge!
Thanks for the lyt, this is good to practice my 'wall tap' skillz Big grin

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG