The online racing simulator
Horray! 0.6h works perfectly under WINE Linux! (Fedora 21)
In the earlier versions, 0.6f/g, I encountered various problems but in the updated version, it seems that all the problems are gone!

Specs tested and played on:
Intel Q6700 2.66ghz
4GB Ram
1.5TB Seagate HDD
Nvidia GT 630 2GB /w proprietary Nvidia drivers
Wine: Latest 1.7.3X and up

Problems in earlier versions:
- Car/Player models were messed up!
- Car skins wouldn't download
- Various error messages would pop-up when someone joined!
- Bad framerate
- Was basically unplayable in 0.6G!

Problems in 0.6H
None! Big grin

The only library I had enabled in wine was to disable dwrite. However, I don't think this would have an impact on it.

LFS runs like as if its native for Linux! FPS is well above 60 (with filters off) and even player skins download! I haven't touched Windows for a long time and now happy one of my favorite simulators is working perfectly! Pretty there are no visible bugs or graphical issues! Thank you so much devs!

Post below if you run LFS under WINE!
I cannot confirm. I'm having the same issues with 0.6h that you described you had with f/g.

I'm running:
Intel Core i5 4300U (Lenovo X240)
8GB Ram
256GB Samsung 840 Evo
Intel HD4400 (Latest Driver)
Wine: 1.7.38

I installed DX9 libs on winetricks which removed all the "Cannot find ....jpg" but still has "Could not compile pixel shader (Car1) D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA" errors. Is there any workaround?
Quote from palmino :still has "Could not compile pixel shader (Car1) D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA" errors. Is there any workaround?

Do you have the files Anaglyph.psh, Car1.psh, Car1.vsh and Rift.psh in your LFS_dir/data/shaders directory?
Quote from MandulAA :
Do you have the files Anaglyph.psh, Car1.psh, Car1.vsh and Rift.psh in your LFS_dir/data/shaders directory?

Yes.

I just removed wine and started with a clean winetricks environment (WINEPREFIX 32 this time). That brings back missing jpg errors and still has corrupt pixel shaders.
Ah, installing just d3dx9_36 did the trick! Now it works. \o/
The libraries you normally need to install are d3dx9_43.dll and d3dcompiler_43.dll
Quote from Scawen :The libraries you normally need to install are d3dx9_43.dll and d3dcompiler_43.dll

Yes! I used to use them but now it runs perfectly without them. Some people might have an altered WINE installation which is causing the problem, or even their drivers.
are you getting force feedback from your wheel? is it g25/27?
With my absolutely standard WINE configuration I need to have both of those files in my LFS directory. As long as they are there LFS works absolutely fine. I came across a few glitches related to graphics but I suppose they are related to the reworked open configs code.
Quote from CarlLefrancois :are you getting force feedback from your wheel? is it g25/27?

Sorry mate, I don't use a wheel but looking maybe to getting one Smile I use mainly keyboard and mouse for race and drifting Smile
Hey!
I am still having this problem on Fedora 21 64bit.
I have installed using winetricks d3dx9_43, _36 and compiler_43.
Copied files under LFS dir no effect.

wine version 1.7.41-1.fc21

I am executing wine LFS.exe from ~/.wine/drive_c/LFS directory

Do you think using 32bit wine might help to solve this issue?

I would be glad for any help. Thank you
Attached images
2015-05-16-141626_1024x768_scrot.png
2015-05-16-142130_1024x768_scrot.png
#12 - w126
Maybe you copied 64-bit versions of D3D*43.dll files into LFS directory? Did you copy them from Windows? What version of Windows and which directory under Windows?
I don't have windows. I have used "winetricks". I copied 64bit
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_36.dll

Actually, I have tried 32bit version as well, but the issue persists.
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_36.dll

Tried using 32 bit wine. No change. It is same... any other ideas?
#14 - w126
The DLLs in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/ are not the proper DLLs, they are just Wine placeholder DLLs. You need to download the real ones, for example, the files from http://www.dll-files.com look ok - just choose zip version.
Here are the checksums of the files that work with LFS on my Linux:
~/.wine/drive_c/LFS$ md5sum D3D*
1c9b45e87528b8bb8cfa884ea0099a85 D3DCompiler_43.dll
86e39e9161c3d930d93822f1563c280d D3DX9_43.dll

Quote from Michalxo :I don't have windows. I have used "winetricks". I copied 64bit
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_36.dll

Actually, I have tried 32bit version as well, but the issue persists.
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_36.dll

Tried using 32 bit wine. No change. It is same... any other ideas?

Try to install other d3dx9_* stuff. And you don't have to copy them to LFS folder if you use winetricks. And are you sure you got d3dcompiler libraries?

I don't remember exact versions of d3dx_* and d3dcompiler_* libraries needed so I have them all installed.
Dzekujem barzo! w126's answer was really helpful. I thought winetricks download all the necessary dll files. Apparently not.. Smile

Works(TM) Smile
#17 - PDR
Its good to hear that runs well in linux. Well years ago my wheel didnt work on linux but i have searched and seems that it can work. Maybe i will give it a try in my Ubuntu Gnome. Tired of this windows disconecting my wheel..

Horray! 0.6h works perfectly under WINE Linux! (Fedora 21)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG