The online racing simulator
Different AI strenghts?
(8 posts, started )
Different AI strenghts?
I'm wondering whether it is possible to set different AI strenghts for each AI player in a single player race. In driving school you are racing against three different strenghts so I thought it would be an S2 setting.

Unfortunately i cannot set individual strenght in S2 either. Do I miss anything? Racing with one kind of strenght is so boring and racing online is not an option since I don't play very regularly.

Thank you for any help.
I'm not sure if this works but it's worth a try.

1. Set AI strength
2. Add AI car
3. Change AI strength
4. Add another AI car
I tried that, does not work :-(
For a second I figured you could work around this issue by saving a start grid and then HEX-editing the AI drivers individually.

Unfortunately it appears as if whatever the "Skill level" setting is set to when you start the race will be applied to all AI drivers. This seems to be the case even if you use the save/load start grid feature.

Edit: I guess an alternative would be to create custom setups with different intake restrictions and/or voluntary added mass. Just make sure that the "AI use player setup" setting is enabled in Options -> Misc.
Attached images
ai.png
Yeah! That works perfectly! I thought this setting would work like "strength", meaning "set the same for all (like mine)", but it doesn't. So adding one by one with different setups works.

Thank you so much, made my day!
Cool!

Obviously it would have been nice to be able to configure each AI driver with some more granularity. But after looking at the beginner AI drivers being super cautious for a few laps earlier I think the restriction approach might actually be better than lowering their skill level.

I mean, I'd rather race a pro driver in an under performing car than a beginner driver struggling in a car they can't handle.
For cars with wings you can also give them setups with different amount of downforce.
Ah, great. I'm so glad this works. I found out that adding a few pounds could make a huge difference which gives the race with AI a lot more realistic feeling. Sadly AI is sometimes a bit stupid (even on Ace) which results in a lot of Pastor Maldonardo's but it still way better than a chain of players that are unable to overtake at all.
I will try your advice, Gutholz. Maybe that will stop the AI from silly overtaking in turns and give them higher speed on straights to overtake (I think of DRS in formula one)

Different AI strenghts?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG