The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2015
(131 posts, started )
It could get worse if Renault don't get their act together, RedBull might leave the sport completely. They can't affort to spend hundreds of millions and not get the results. They probably are hoping a manufacturer like BMW or Audi will want to step in F1.

Apparently they allready in talks to get rid of Toro Rosso.
Quote from ChristijaNL :It could get worse if Renault don't get their act together, RedBull might leave the sport completely. They can't affort to spend hundreds of millions and not get the results. They probably are hoping a manufacturer like BMW or Audi will want to step in F1.

Apparently they allready in talks to get rid of Toro Rosso.

Heard about it as well. This would be the death of F1.... When RBR and Toro Rosso are gone, there'd be only Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, McLaren, Lotus, Sauber and Manor (will they even drive a race this season?) left. So a maximum of 16 cars, but more likely 14... That's not a formula 1 anymore. We would need some more constructors to get into the series like BMW again, Volkswagen with maybe Porsche, Audi or Lamborginhi as a brand, or Ford.
It used to be about having the best car. Now it's about having the best engine and to some extend a good car. Obviously Merc have both, but if they were all on the same engines I bet Ferrari and Red Bull would be quite a bit closer than they are right now.

Red Bull should just switch to Mercedes and call it a night.
Big shame on marketing company red poison nonsense! Last year they [Red bully] were equally hard, critical, rude, unfair and especially damaging renault at the start of the season. In the end of the season they calmed down a bit, and Red nonsense said that people from Red Bull were sent to the Renault factory to work closely together with them so this year's engine would be ok.

Since it's clearly not (yet), they start screaming again and this is just damaging Renault. Clearly this red nonsense team that was sent to the Renault factory couldn't make a difference, or they have actually made it worse. I mean.. take a look at McLaren (not even close to my favorite team) but that Mercedes engine basically since 2002 till 2006 has for sure broken all records of most unreliable F1 engine ever produced ( till this season perhaps). When did you hear them complain this way at Mercedes? As I already mentioned before Alonso made a stupid move.. but his Honda engine doesnt do very well either. When do you hear McLaren bashing Honda now?

Well Red poison nonsense.. Time to take the real challenge.. go build your own engine and break down every single meter or stop whining if you not win and this runs out of alignment with you marketing strategy.

More respect to Ferrari, closing in such a distance to Mercedes while the technical challenge has proven to be quite hard. You just failed red bull... luckily so, as teams which are driven for beneficial marketing reasons for their parent company.. should leave F1 immediately.. so please leave and never come back.

Oh yes.. Red bull considering Audi? That's another marketing company and would probably not trust you anymore after bashing Renault this way. Besides as its a marketing company it would probably not taking the risk anyway of red bull failing. They would step in as a own team anytime instead of providing engines. Besides if taking audi engines with the same trend as volkswagen/audi engines for the street.. you can be even more sure you wont make it halfway through the race.

Since half the team has been bought away, Adrian Newey stepping back more and more.. rb just get out performed. Stop shouting and look at yourselves. Or better leave. This F1 sucks, the engines and the whole formula sucks and has nothing to do with the F1 I remember. But also continue to bash Mercedes for them having done their job much better than you red Bully... bit pathetic. You have had your 4 dominant years. Every blind person even knows that domination in today's F1 is basically broken by big technical rule and regulation changes. That's been like that since the Ferrari domination was ended like that in 2005.

And no.. Mercedes wont provide red bull with their engines. not going to happen
VW has an engine originally meant for the 1.6 inline-4 world formula, the one running in WRC. But I don't see any VW brand in F1. Audi is at home in WEC, the only brand fitting in F1 imo could be Lamborghini, as it has no competition model in any motorsport iirc (is there a GT3 version of the Huracan planned? I only know of the Trophéo cup)
Quote from ACCAkut :VW has an engine originally meant for the 1.6 inline-4 world formula, the one running in WRC. But I don't see any VW brand in F1. Audi is at home in WEC, the only brand fitting in F1 imo could be Lamborghini, as it has no competition model in any motorsport iirc (is there a GT3 version of the Huracan planned? I only know of the Trophéo cup)

There is a gt3 huracan.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/lamborghini-releases-new-gt3-car/

And also quite a few new other gt3 cars coming as well. The new audi r8, bmw m6, cadillac, merc, mclaren...
GT3 is one series that can't really be counted as a manufacturers championship (especially since some of the cars are done by external tuners), so "inter-group" battles work there. FWD VW CC race car could work :P . Those rich guys building up race teams like some variety.

.. regarding F1, how many teams will start at the next race? 9?
Quote from Hyperactive :
Quote from ACCAkut :I like that the cars sound and seem a bit more lively, ...

I thought the turbo wastegate sounds were just cringeworthy bad and horrible. It sounded like this in every braking zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVbYYd-yehk

I know this doesn't matter to most people, but I always cringe when someone describes turbo chatter, surge, or BOV sound as a "wastegate".
Ah live and learn then.
I hope McLaren packed some extra grinder blades, because they're going to be chopping a lot of slits in the bodywork this weekend
#88 - col
Nico Rosberg - true gender confirmed
#90 - Gunn
I can't watch the F1 tonight because it isn't on TV. If they want to grow the sport, this isn't how to do it.
The Finger is back :>
"I never thought I would going to be missing that finger"

Forza Ferrari.

Christian... u noob Smile Stop shouting start performing. Maybe your 40% shares in CVC isn't enough for reb bully to win, perhaps buy the whole sport so you can make the rules that make u win.

@Gunn:

Maleisische Grand Prix: Kuala Lumpur, 27-29 Maart
Bahrain Grand Prix: Sakhir, 17-19 April
Canadese Grand Prix: Montreal, 5-7 Juni
Britse Grand Prix: Silverstone, 3-5 July
Hongaarse Grand Prix: Budapest, 24-26 Juli
Belgische Grand Prix: Spa-Francorchamps, 21-23 Augustus
Japanse Grand Prix: Suzuka, 25-27 September
Russische Grand Prix: Sochi, 9-11 Oktober
Braziliaanse Grand Prix: Sao Paulo, 13-15 November
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Yas Marina, 27-29 November

These grand prix will be broadcasted live on the BBC. You also can watch them by using the Iplayer app in google chrome. Than it won't say that you are not from UK and you can't watch it, instead it runs very smooth. Although I still prefer a live stream as I think SkySports' broadcast is much more fun.
#93 - Gunn
Quote from danielroelofs :

@Gunn:

Maleisische Grand Prix: Kuala Lumpur, 27-29 Maart
Bahrain Grand Prix: Sakhir, 17-19 April
Canadese Grand Prix: Montreal, 5-7 Juni
Britse Grand Prix: Silverstone, 3-5 July
Hongaarse Grand Prix: Budapest, 24-26 Juli
Belgische Grand Prix: Spa-Francorchamps, 21-23 Augustus
Japanse Grand Prix: Suzuka, 25-27 September
Russische Grand Prix: Sochi, 9-11 Oktober
Braziliaanse Grand Prix: Sao Paulo, 13-15 November
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Yas Marina, 27-29 November

These grand prix will be broadcasted live on the BBC. You also can watch them by using the Iplayer app in google chrome. Than it won't say that you are not from UK and you can't watch it, instead it runs very smooth. Although I still prefer a live stream as I think SkySports' broadcast is much more fun.

Those races will be broadcast here too, but I'm going to boycott them because the rest of the races have been hijacked by Murdoch. I've been following F1 since 1978, but it's about to end.
Really fun race, IMO. The penalties on Perez and (especially) Hulkenberg were ridiculous, though.

Shoutout to Manor for finishing the entire race.
I Couldn't agree more Gunn! Well said.. what is it with you Aussies and NZ'ers just being straight forward? Mi likey!

Agree even to an american for once.. those penalties are ridiculous indeed.

Anyway.. as a Ferrari enthusiast, the only reason left I watch F1.. it was good to see their speed, shame of Kimi though.

Although I like the Italian atmosphere in Ferrari again.. it concerns me as well from a performance perspective and the continuity of it.. I thought Mattiacci was the perfect teammanager for Ferrari.. but Maurizio hasn't convinced me yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTePxVMN_dc&spfreload=10

Its what makes Ferrari different and imo better no doubt..

Nice interview with I think an important person for Ferrari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCAwus3oyl8
#96 - CSF
u funny
#98 - CSF
i no
Yawn...
Finally a interesting press conference. Better than the race actually. Max was pretty good too! Renault should put some effort into improving the PU instead of talking how much they are gaining every GP.

Formula 1 Season 2015
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG