The online racing simulator
So, that dress, then.
(22 posts, started )

Poll : What colour is the dress?

Blue/Black
White/Gold
Other (explain)
So, that dress, then.
So, do you see it as white with gold trim, or blue with black trim?

I can only see white and gold, although I did manage to get it to 'pop' into blue & black earlier today. I can't do it anymore.
White and gold I guess.... what the heck is this?
But if I get rid of all the white from the ferum with my hand it's blue and black.. lol wut
Weird, yesterday I saw white/gold but today I see blue/black.
Three people i know here see white (obvioysly not pure white, the white balance messed it up, and gold/brownish), the other two see blue and black just like the power rangers.
Wierd stuff.
Quote from Boris Lozac :obvioysly not pure white

Yes, pure white; kind of a pearly-white.

Obviously I can see it has a blue tint in the picture, we are both receiving the same information, but my brain interprets that as bluish crappy lighting, so compensates and I perceive the dress as white.

Regardless of whether I'm right (I'm 100% convinced from reading various things it is really blue and I'm just being deceived by the lighting) I think it's such a cool example of how much our brains just plain make shit up if they're unsure.
Quote from Crashgate3 :
Yes, pure white; kind of a pearly-white.

Sure, i see that it is white, but white balance of camera made it a liitle blueish, obviously not blue blue, like many people see it, which i think they are still messing with me, that's how absurd that 'blue/black' sounds to me.
Quote from FalconBridge :Weird, yesterday I saw white/gold but today I see blue/black.

I'm in the the same situation. This dress is both confounding and pointless.
plot twist. There is a goblin in santa suit on the background.
Conclusion - internet is weird place to be.
^ Umm, no. Color pick the "black" part.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Does not matter the way a I look at it, I always see it blue and black, which it is, because I have seen pics of that dress and because Photoshop doesn't lie, so my brain is right, as usual.

Except it does lie. If I take a picture of a white object and set the white balance such that it appears blue, the color picker will obviously say it's blue. But we will still see a "white" object, because we compare it to the surrounding environment.
So basically we all know the dress is blue and black, there is no dobut about it, the problem is that depending on the environment some people see it white and golden, right?
No i don't fckin know for sure that dress is blue and black, that real dress could be original and this 'debatable' one could be some chinese copy that really is white and gold.
As much as I try, I can't see it in any other color than blue and black. To me it's just doesn't look like it's in shadow, at all.
Quote from BigPeBe :As much as I try, I can't see it in any other color than blue and black. To me it's just doesn't look like it's in shadow, at all.

Yep, it can't be in a shadow, it's casting a shadow onto itself, so it must be in light.

Such discussion much serious Big grin
Attached images
shadow.jpg
Can't we keep this on Reddit on wherever it started?

Anyway, here's the answer.
On average picture is R=105, G=96, B=88.
According to internetz that color is called : Wenge
#discussionclosed
#closethread

So, that dress, then.
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG