The online racing simulator

Poll : Which setup do you prefer.

Closed since :
Random Rotation
Vote for track
Set rotation
XFG/XRG - Racing - Vote for server setup
Hello all.
Since we started up our server we've tested different ways of how the tracks are done.
So now we are asking you, our racers what you would like:

Set Track rotation: All tracks are set up in order as we see fit
Random Track rotation: Airio randomly selects tracks.
Vote for track: You, our racers get to vote for the next track.

Please put your vote in the poll.

Thanks
XFG/XRG-Racing admins.
Random rotation, because even with voting, most people are angry about the chosen track Big grin
yes kapal random dont make mad
+1 (random)
Definitely random. And PLEASE no user's choice. Big grin
Guys pls vote
Random definitely, there's many cool tracks that people don't choose cause they don't know them. Its always like KY2R, WE1, AS3, K2R, FE4, KY3 .... so boring.
Quote from Flame CZE :Random rotation, because even with voting, most people are angry about the chosen track Big grin

Quote from ErnestoO :Random definitely, there's many cool tracks that people don't choose cause they don't know them.

Agreed on both points. Makes a change from what we have in cargame too. Why not try something different.
#9 - pik_d
So long as there's a way to prevent the same track from coming up after it was recently up, random sounds like a good way to go.
The server is now set to Random Track Rotation

Now i can not guarantee that the same track will be put on twice. I can not see a way to prevent the track being put on again in the Airio configuration files.

This will be set on a perm basis if everything goes ok, if not then it will be set to either vote for track, or set rotation. Going to give it a few days see how it goes. If you encounter any problems and the same tracks keep on appearing please let me no and i shall try to find a way to sort it.

Great racing yesterday, was alot of fun Smile
Yeah I agree random is best, especially if a way can be found to tune the track length to the number of drivers. I think you said online that this might come with the new insim? (CG did it somehow, but I can't remember how.)
Spotify had the same problem in that even if a playlist was set to random, certain songs would appear to play more often than others. That's the problem with pseudo-randomness. They ended up making sure songs that had already been played were not played for a certain amount of time to give the illusion of a more random distribution of songs. You'd have to write your own code to do this.
Have you guys considered adding some open configuration tracks to the rotation?

For example, Aston Central(AS11) could be a good fit:

XFG/XRG - Racing - Vote for server setup
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG