The online racing simulator
SCAWEN, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
(18 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :are the moaners and groaners working on their personal issues? Get a hobby, ride a bike up a hill, just do something.

Do it in style yo, like 25mph on a bicycle in deep snow style. The going up the hill part was a bit boring, so just recorded the downhill bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frobhIJwG0s&feature=youtu.be
Great music, what is it?
That's called gopro decided to scramble the audio. I'll reupload it with it fixed.Forgot the hero 2 is a pain in the butt with it. Sounds fine in GoPro studio... then when you upload it...

Sorry for the ear rape.
fixed
Quote from Bmxtwins :Do it in style yo, like 25mph on a bicycle in deep snow style. The going up the hill part was a bit boring, so just recorded the downhill bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frobhIJwG0s&feature=youtu.be

Good stuff, looks fun!

We had about 1cm of snow here on one day this winter.

Quote from cargame.nl :Funny how other countries (UK, US) make biking extremely special. After years and years of battling all kinds of weather conditions to school and back 'we' are most of the time done with it. Especially the parking can be a pain in the ass...

https://idonotdespair.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/sea-of-bikes-utrecht.jpg

Wow, serious parking!

I used to visit Holland for around 8 weeks a year when I was young and my mother lived there. Really great how there are cycle tracks beside nearly every country road and you can get around safely, in your ridiculously flat country! I suppose the only thing to slow you down is a headwind. The guarded bike parks I remember in Eindhoven were a lot smaller and nicer than that! In England people seem to just lock it to a bar in the street.

I can't go for a flat ride here at all... for example I went for a short, light road ride on Monday afternoon, aiming for as flat a route as possible. In 20.6 km there was 259 metres of climbing. Fine for me but hills do put people off. That's not a problem in London but there are no cycle lanes there, and there are a lot of idiot capitalist drivers muttering "time is money" under their breath as they angrily risk other people's lives.

But really worth it anyway. I think it's made into a big deal because we have an obesity epidemic due to people avoiding exercise as if a little sweat will kill them, and eating piles of crap convenience food and getting pissed all the time. If they'd do a bit of training, so many of their problems and visits to the doctor would go away.
BMX amateur free-style was my ex-'backstreet' hobby,

Long ago I have two bmx with custom gear (single speed, normal crank),
one with basic gear (44/18-freewheel) for cruise & free-style,
and the other one using 52/12-doltrap for top speed bmx race,

cycling... more sweat - more temptation to increase speed,
do cycling in the rain... owwh I really missed that XD.
I like it :thumbup:
It's like one of these blood-thrilling, adrenalizing moments of hardcore downhill on snow when you are striving to maintain balance and praying for front wheel not dipping into snow making you flip forward...

Everything is on the gopro, and then there is... ...meh!
Quote from AndRand :I like it :thumbup:
It's like one of these blood-thrilling, adrenalizing moments of hardcore downhill on snow when you are striving to maintain balance and praying for front wheel not dipping into snow making you flip forward...

Everything is on the gopro, and then there is... ...meh!

WHAT ARE YOU A GOD DAMN FORTUNE TELLER??? I went back and it was even slicker from the colder temps. Rear tire pretty much skates you gotta lower your center of gravity pretty low. Then I hit a soft spot. Camera angle was poor but damn it was a good crash I flew like 15 feet lmao. Anyways I used to race BMX and did a national race here and there won a state championship all that good stuff, and had some hard falls along the way but no injuries. This fall was like falling on a pillow lol.

Plan for Saturday: bring plastic jump and pound in stakes so the park rangers dont get mad.

Quote from Bmxtwins :...I went back and it was even slicker from the colder temps....

is it more bumpy too ?, it looks like more harder to manage rebound,
is this situation can give more advantages for BMX ?
Quote from Bmxtwins :WHAT ARE YOU A GOD DAMN FORTUNE TELLER???

No, I know how these moments look on gopro Big grin
And once I was skiing there were some mountain bike guys on the slope. And they dipped the front wheel like every 50 meters/yards :lol:

But I can see you like it Smile

I'll have to post the video of my camera man sledder who ran into the back of me when I stopped lol
@scawen someone suggested me that in person but I dont have enough spare time for 2 bikes.

@morieza i put the shock to full stiffness to avoid compression over small bumps and avoid digging in. But yeah ended up using some bmx techniques later in the day to get some extra speed. On one video got going so fast that the air whistled in my ear, hope the gopro captures that noise.
Quote from cargame.nl :Funny how other countries (UK, US) make biking extremely special. After years and years of battling all kinds of weather conditions to school and back 'we' are most of the time done with it. Especially the parking can be a pain in the ass...

https://idonotdespair.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/sea-of-bikes-utrecht.jpg

The wierd thing I found when I went to Amsterdam wasn't just the sheer number of bikes, but the fact that almost all of them seemed to have been made out of scaffolding poles, in around 1940.

I think I saw two 'new' bikes the whole time I was there.
Stop bike! Go work devolopment come S3 release now! D:
I don't think Scawen's bike is doing the development for S3.
It may as well be.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG