The online racing simulator
Skilldriving Challenge
Hello everyone!

I'm so excited that finally, FienDi has given me the go ahead to announce this seasons Skilldriving Challenge.

Make a date in your diary for Sunday 13th August.

This Skill layout is quite different from last time, it is set on the Autocross dragstrip (yes I know that sounds weird, but it does work).

It was designed by me and FienDi so expect it to be tough but fair, just like us .

Like last time the car is the UF1. "EDIT - ACTUALLY THIS MAY CHANGE - KEEP A CHECK ON OLFSL SITE FOR LATEST UPDATES"

The track itself is finished, just finalising some details with FienDi so expect more details on the OLFSL site very soon.

Can [XFR]zoic hold on to his title as Skilldriving champion, or will another driver take the crown?
#2 - S0ul
yeah,thats exactly what i need!This BF1 is giving me the creeps,finally some UF1 rocking!Im definately looking forward to this,my first skilldriving challenge.
See you on track
S0ul
Im loosing my mind with the BF1 too, its just too fast and too easy to overstep and spin, I bet it will make a rubbish race
I dunno, I reckon the BF1 race will be good, had a fun race with Tim and FienDi the other day. I won because I didn't pit for fuel, hahahah!

But anyway, the Skill challenge, sorry for the delay on final details, Friday night is the big meeting so expect all the stuff to be posted Friday night or Saturday morning on the OLFSL site

So far we've had suggestions for

Uf1
XFG
MRT
LX4
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
The OLFSL Skilldriving Challenge is GO!

The date is set!
The cars are set!
Are you set?

On Sunday 13th August we will be heading to the Autocross 8 Lane Drag Strip for this special event, on a custom course designed by FienDi and myself.

To qualify you must race your hotlap in the UF1, however only the top 30 fastest times will qualify for the challenge.

The top 30 will be split into two pools:
Pool 1 will be "odds" (1,3,5,7,9 etc)
Pool 2 will be "evens" (2,4,6,8,10 etc)

In heat one each driver in turn will race a single lap in the UF1.
In heat two each driver in turn will race a single lap in the LX4.
Drivers times for both cars will be added together and the top 5 from each pool (total 10 drivers) will go through to the final race in a single pool.

In the final, all drivers will race one lap in the LX4, the fastest being crowned our latest Skilldriving champion!

(Oh yes, to load the layout you need to place the file inside the "layout" folder inside LFS data and then go to single player, instead of hotlap as usual, choose 8 Lane Drag and the course should load itself)

Good luck :-)

Any questions, ask here!
Temporary Hotlap Chart
Hello everyone,

Until a few technical bugs are sorted with the official hotlap system, please feel free to email your time (including penalties) and replay file to me [email protected] and I will keep a temporary hotlap chart here.

Here are all the times I have so far

Place ---- Name ---- Time ---- Replay verified

1) ---- sccc Picard ---- 1.06.55 ---- Yes ---- Damn this was a good lap
2) ---- Johnathan Russ ---- 1.11.25 ---- Yes
3) ---- Legends|Static-X ----1.14.?? ---- No
4) ---- SERT•Veseljak ---- 1.19.?? ---- No
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
entries below 30 do not qualify!

And dont forget this is only temporary, once the official hotlap system is working make sure you upload to the real one, as this is not official and your time will not be counted . This is just for information in the mean time.

Just been told off and told to make extra sure to WARN YOU that this is not official and you MUST upload your times to the OLFSL site when FienDi has it working. This is JUST so we can see how we are all doing in the time UNTIL he fixes it. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL and if you don't upload your times to OLFSL you will NOT be eligible for the event.
-
Stop it (AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt : off topic
And like in very old car races, we include the time for the driver to run to the car, hop in, stop, hop in the other car j/k ;-)

Hydrosol
Ant
I didn't understand your post but it looks like its been removed anyway?
Hotlap uploading is now open!

You can see that it's a bit different this time. LFS doesn't save penalty information to the SPR file and therefore you must type it to the corresponded field. It would be easy to cheat here, but it's no use since every single replay will be checked.

This you will notice once you've uploaded a hotlap and are transferred to the hotlap list. You'll see text "unchecked" until one of OLFSL admins reviews the replay.

Other than that, it's the usual business. Remember to upload before Friday 18:00GMT - it's the deadline. Good luck!
Quote from varjsa-9 :Hotlap uploading is now open!

You can see that it's a bit different this time. LFS doesn't save penalty information to the SPR file and therefore you must type it to the corresponded field. It would be easy to cheat here, but it's no use since every single replay will be checked.

This you will notice once you've uploaded a hotlap and are transferred to the hotlap list. You'll see text "unchecked" until one of OLFSL admins reviews the replay.

Other than that, it's the usual business. Remember to upload before Friday 18:00GMT - it's the deadline. Good luck!

I am having problems uploading my replay, it keeps saying that you must upload your own spr replay which i have done already done and both my names are right in the replay so i do not know what is wrong

I'll upload my replay here if i am having problems uploading it to olfsl site
Attached files
sccc^vJ.Pickard_AU4_UF1_FINISHED_14.spr - 30.8 KB - 261 views
I must say i'm getting the same error message
same here
I have no problems with uploading

With the driving on the other hand...
Where is the autocross layout?
-
(S0ul) DELETED by S0ul
#18 - S0ul
when i try to upload my hotlap it says:you must do your hotlap with S2 Patch U!I have U 19,that does not work?hmm,im attaching my lap here then,hope you can fix that

Name:MDD/S0ul
Time:1:15:47
Penaltys:none

S0ul

Edit:It also says i have to use my OLFSL racer name when hotlapping....I never even changed my name,so that should be correct
Attached files
MDD^sS0ul_AU4_UF1_Im Ziel_3.spr - 26 KB - 270 views
Quote from S0ul :when i try to upload my hotlap it says:you must do your hotlap with S2 Patch U!I have U 19,that does not work?hmm,im attaching my lap here then,hope you can fix that

Did you try again? If not please do. Must be some temp glitch, since the script is only interested if you're on patch U. "Sub-version" is irrelevant.
#20 - S0ul
I tried again,this time it simply says:Upload failed! (error 0)
Well,im gonna post my new time here once more
Attached files
MDD^sS0ul_AU4_UF1_Im Ziel_4.spr - 25.8 KB - 238 views
Quote from S0ul :Upload failed! (error 0)

We have some problems with the site but unfortunately we can't do anything to fix it so we can only wait and hope for the best. We have contacted our webhotel and they are aware of this, hopefully they get it fixed by tomorrow.
The whole site is partially malfunctioning atm.

We are very sorry and we're doing our best to find a solution.
C'mon
We've only got half the ammount of drivers we need for the Skill event? Where have you all gone?

I never go on holiday so I don't think the rest of you should either!

But on the brightside, the less of you there are the better my chances of winning the event are
Well the site was not working so maybe that's one of the reasons? It is working now tho, so everyone if you have a hotlap, upload it
Don't drive so fast

[mumble]Haven't got time to hotlap...[/mumble]
Two different layouts?
Hi,
watching sccc Picard's Replay, I realised that the layout I was driving my hotlaps in seems to be a earlier version, less barricades, less poles. Do I have to drive my Hotlap with the new one again?

Regards, Tys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG