The online racing simulator
New Version 0.6G
(126 posts, started )
Ok. Thank you Scawen!
Hm but that is only for older windows versions, like XP? (We do not know yet which windows HenkkaWRC uses?)
For example I play LFS with directX 11 on windows vista without problems...("haha vista")
/edit: if it works, never mind then
It says it is for these operating systems:

Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

I don't know what it does on Windows 8, but would like to know.
I downloaded the DX9 thing and it works great. Thank you all!

E: I have Win 7 Home Premium, dunno what Service Pack.
E2: Service Pack 1
Quote from Scawen :It is my understanding that Microsoft has deliberately left out this absolutely tiny thing that allows older games to run. The purpose of this self-sabotage is to annoy developers, to "encourage" them to move onto DirectX 10 or later, so they make games which will not work on other operating systems.

However, they could not get away with breaking backward compatibility completely, so they do provide the download to fix their own sabotage.

We have a special LFS web page pointing to that download. That window that popped up, should have given you a link to install the runtime. But here it is anyway: https://www.lfs.net/dx9 which links to the MS site.

It is a Microsoft install so it is really safe, it's just correcting what they deliberately broke.

FWIW: Most games (on Steam at least) install that runtime as part of its pre-install process. I don't think it's Microsoft intentionally breaking old games, it's just trying to keep the OS distribution slightly smaller. I think it's a futile effort as Windows already takes 20 GB post-install as it is, so what's another 100 MB.

It's the same as the .NET framework. Windows tends to only come with the latest version (4.0 currently), but if you need 3.0 or even 2.0, you have to install it separately.
By the way, just for the record LFS runs on Windows 10 although I had to use compatibility mode but I assume you already knew that.
You should update and detail all tracks and cars, the game would look really awesome!!
Quote from sicotange :By the way, just for the record LFS runs on Windows 10 although I had to use compatibility mode but I assume you already knew that.

I heard of Windows 10 once, and this is the second time!
You should try the preview. It has a start menu for the old people amongst us.
WARNING!!! Rave from the grave time!! Yes folks...my first post in CENTURIES!!!

Just to let you all know that I dusted off my trusty G25 and plugged it into my brand spanking new PC running Windoze 8.1, grabbed the latest profiler from Logitech...downloaded a fresh new version of LFS 0.6G; started it up and......

So far EVERYTHING is working perfectly!
Where are the FF problems reported with the G25 on Win 8.1??
Where are the incompatibilities with DX11??
I'm feeling left out here...nothing to moan about! (For a change!)
Quote from Bladerunner :So far EVERYTHING is working perfectly!
Where are the FF problems reported with the G25 on Win 8.1??
Where are the incompatibilities with DX11??

When one is thirsty, they will see water in the desert.
I've never had any problems running LFS in Win7,8/8.1. I can't remember installing the DX9 runtime, but I guess I must have done (or likely another game installer did it for me).

I tried LFS in a Win10 VM a few weeks ago: had to manually install the graphics drivers and followed the link on the LFS error message to install DX9. No problems whatsoever, didn't even have to use compatibility mode.
I haven't tried it on real hardware yet (no room for more HDDs) but I doubt there'd be any problems.

(all 64bit)
G25 bug? What G25 bug? Runs fine here, as has every version of LFS I've ever run. Stable game is very, very stable IMO
#114 - CZE
Hello.I think i found a bug (i am not sure if someone post it before me - if yes,sorry for flood).
Something is wrong with bilboards when i am looking on it from long distance.I can see through.
I take picture on KY3R but i saw it on another on track yet but cant remeber which one it was.

Look at picture :
Attached images
LFS 2014-11-22 01-01-06-25.png
LFS 2014-11-22 01-01-45-04.png
Check your Z-buffer settings in Options - Misc. This usually happens when the value is too low.
Car No drop Shadows
Hello
I noticed recently that the last 4 cars do not cast shadows on the road. You can check this by setting 20 cars AI viewed from the default camera first car.

If you have previously been described, please remove the thread.
Attached images
LFS_0.6G_No drop Shadows.jpg
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hello
I noticed recently that the last 4 cars do not cast shadows on the road. You can check this by setting 20 cars AI viewed from the default camera first car.

If you have previously been described, please remove the thread.

There is a maximum of 16 shadows to be drawn, not a bug.
Talking about shadows, I hope this will be improved.
Fantastic version of lfs. Best yet. I'm really hoping lfs gets direct to rift mode as now the oculus drivers are more stable this really improves things when showing friends. It's pretty difficult not seeing a friend try out the rift and keep asking are you stuck when they have a spin and them say I don't know yet if I can get out the gravel or need restarting etc. With direct to rift I could see what was going on, on my monitor and help.

Hopefully this can be added to the next version without messing anything up.
Ahhh brilliant. This solves my issue. Will check it out. Thanks.
-
(Fasthunt517) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
Just got my DK2, first thing I tried was LFS due to hearing such good things about it's Oculus Rift support and they were right!

It's a crazy experience, really feels like I'm in the car and my arms are what is shown (low poly arms yo).. Look forward to playing online but I'm definitely slower in VR!
I updated today and I found that skins are blurry at oblique angles, which did not occur in 0.6E. I have not changed any graphics settings. Texture filtering doesn't seem to fix the issue. What has changed since 0.6E that would cause this and how could I correct this issue?
Attached images
lfs_00000642 copy.jpg
Quote from hansonator69 :What has changed since 0.6E that would cause this and how could I correct this issue?

DirectX. Scawen kinda forgot to apply anisotropic filtering to car textures before launching the official patch xD It's probably fixed in his own version since a few days later, but I think he never confirmed it.
Thanks, Whiskey Smile

EDIT: Changed my graphics settings to use NVIDIA graphics instead of integrated graphics on 16x anisotropic filtering and the problem has been fixed.

New Version 0.6G
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG