The online racing simulator
Linux with G25 Steering wheel
(5 posts, started )
Hi,

I'm using Slackware 14.1 Linux, wine v1.7.24. I've got LFS working very well graphically but could do with some help getting my G25 wheel working right. It works & I've got force-feedback going by doing this sort of thing:

# cat /proc/bus/input/devices
And then the following for the relevant devices:
# chmod a+rw /dev/input/js2
# chmod a+rw /dev/input/event18

But, I'd like to be able to limit the wheel rotation as I used do in Windows and set LFS to something more manageable than 900 degrees. Currently the wheel rotation is the entire 900deg and the steering input rate appears to decrease with decreasing rotation range from 900 to e.g. 270 within LFS. It is almost as if the degrees set within LFS become stretched over the full physical wheel rotation, hence if LFS was able to 'set' the wheel to be seeing 1800 degrees for the wheel it would overcome this (possibly a mad idea)?

So, the best I can manage is setting it to 900deg in LFS but it still is far from ideal & makes catching slides very difficult as I have to tun the wheel too much. Does anyone know how to set this properly? I've had a look in 'wine control' but there aren't any such parameter there.
** Best answer **

echo xxx > /sys/module/hid_logitech/drivers/hid:logitech/*:*/range

where "xxx" is the desired range.
Thanks MadCatX, that worked perfectly. The chmodding + range need to be set every time the system is rebooted or the wheel is unplugged, but I can live with that for now. Thanks again. Smile
Quote from mr_spoon :The chmodding + range need to be set every time the system is rebooted or the wheel is unplugged, but I can live with that for now.

Slackware must be missing some udev rules that'd otherwise set that up automatically. It shouldn't be a problem to write your own though...
Yes, Slackware doesn't automate many config things so I'll have a look into that, thanks for the pointer.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG