The online racing simulator
I keep on losing control every time I drift
Almost every single time I'm trying to drift, I lose control, whether if it's when I enter a corner, or exit a corner, or even if I'm in the middle of a drift, I just keep on losing control.
I checked up a few tutorials for drifting (I'm using the E-BRAKE method) but they helped me only a bit.
How can I improve my drift skills and avoid losing control? except training of course, cause I'm already keeping on training.

Thanks in advance!
Get better setup.
Quote from racer autov8 :Get better setup.

I don't know... I played alot with my setup but I didn't manage to find a good one that won't slide to slip too much and make me lose control while drifting.
What controller? With wheel is easiest. Maybe post a replay so others can see what you do wrong. (press 2 then enter a file name)
Quote from Gutholz :What controller? With wheel is easiest. Maybe post a replay so others can see what you do wrong. (press 2 then enter a file name)

tbh i find it easier with mouse, since u can make steering corrections much faster.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :
Quote from Gutholz :What controller? With wheel is easiest. Maybe post a replay so others can see what you do wrong. (press 2 then enter a file name)

tbh i find it easier with mouse, since u can make steering corrections much faster.

Either find a strong wheel that can counter steer quickly enough or use lower steering ratio.
Quote from Keling :
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :

Either find a strong wheel that can counter steer quickly enough or use lower steering ratio.

Well I had a few problems with the replay feature so I recorded the game via Fraps.
The video:

That's not exactly "losing control every time". You are doing fine for a beginner with unassisted keyboard.

Why does this video look like it's done with a physical camera to me?
Quote from Keling :That's not exactly "losing control every time". You are doing fine for a beginner with unassisted keyboard.

Why does this video look like it's done with a physical camera to me?

First of all, thanks Smile
And second, I think the quality of the video is so low because I reduced the video size with format factory,
cause he was really big (1.75GB for only 1 min and 50 sec).
And I also got a new setup from a nice player that sent it to me, so now I drift more smoothly and I lose control much less, I'll upload a short record of it to youtube too.
Try to NOT slide with big amount of degrees. Just feel the spinning first of all, you can only steer 36 degrees without tweaks.

I recently teached my brother how to drift. He managed to pull out some really smooth drifts after just a week.

And last thing, if you want to drift smoother, get a wheel. Thrustmaster or G27. It's easier to keep a drift with a wheel Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG