The online racing simulator
Ideas For Track Mods and More
(16 posts, started )
I know we have our season mods on here, and truth be told I can't download most, the "old and worn down" mods, plus the "Futuristic" Mods. But here's something I think a lot of people miss: Where's that core creativity? Don't get me wrong the mods are beautiful and highly respected, but I think there are a few that have been missed in general. Such as, and I can't believe nobody thought of this, MARIO KART MOD. Or some brony, I know y'all are on here, do a MLP MOD. Or anime fans try a DRAGONBALL Z or BLEACH. And this is not a request, by no means. I think we see this as a realistic environment so much, we forget that it takes more than staying within the box to make true progress (Such as the addition to Westhill, personally thought we were going to get more of South City with the extra hidden roads or Fern Bay with all the configurations).

So here is MY request: Look back at things non racing, 'ell non-driving related, and ask yourself: How can that be relative? I may have wasted my time typing this, but I hope somebody gets inspired.
AutoX Maze?
Whilst producing one of my recent layouts (AU1_A-Maze), I thought 'what would it be like if I made real maze?'.

All you need to do is make up grid pattern, put invisible, restricted area marshalls around a winding path, leave drivers to drive in one side, and see if they can drive out other side.

Once basic grid system made up, very easy to make up multiple layouts with different paths.
Attached images
LFS AU1 AutoX Maze.jpg
Attached files
AU1_Maze.lyt - 3.8 KB - 294 views
AutoX Minesweeper
After I gave up on the maze idea, I had similar idea about making up a grid, like the maze grid, but using an InSim, make up a Minesweeper grid, where if you entered a 'zone', the InSim would give you number or hit.

Gave up on idea quite quick to be honest though, as it would take a lot of working out to put correct number in correct square, never mind working out the zones.

But if anyone wants to take it on....?!
Attached images
LFS AutoX Minesweeper.jpg
I actually did see your thread, and the only things I could think of was like a PacMan game. lol. It would be highly useful for the UF1
AutoX Darts, Golf and Shuffle
In any of these 3 games, you place a cone somewhere on the outside of the circle, you use your car to hit the cone, and ...

Darts - points awarded depending on where cone ends up, with double and triple points awarded if cone lands in inner or outer marked areas, with 50 points if landing in the bull area

Shuffle - as darts, but much less points

Golf - red circles signify marshalls, which if you hit, you get spectated. You're trying to get cone as close as possible to blue circle (the 'pin'). You could have different sized circles round the pins, with scores decreasing further from pin

Or. Substitute cone for someone else's car.

Go on. Give 'em a go. You know you want to!
Attached images
LFS Circle Markings_Games.jpg
AU1 Crazy Golf
Made a 7 hole Crazy Golf course on the AU1 AutoX area - more 'holes' could easily be made.

All you have to do is get the tyres in the 'hole', in one.
Attached images
AU1 Crazy Golf.jpg
Attached files
AU1_Crazy Golf.lyt - 2 KB - 282 views
As much as i like you ideas, new layouts isnt what Im talking about.
AU1 Ski Jumping
This one is a a Ski Jumping competition, where the object is jump as far as possible, with additional points for style (not rolling).

To make it harder, you could put slalom / chicanes in front of the start so that it makes it more difficult for driver to get up a good bit of speed before getting to ramps.
Attached images
AU1 Ski Jump.jpg
Attached files
AU1_Ski Jump.lyt - 612 B - 329 views
Youre missing my point sir. Could you pleass stop the layout spamming.
Quote from Texpelt88 :Youre missing my point sir....

Actually I wasn't, but I was just having some fun, as I thought it likely that if anyone had already dreamt of some sort of mod they would likely have either tried to do something themselves, or as sort of what you've done, raised a specific suggestion themselves.

The easiest mods that anyone could make is either car skins or layouts, hence by layout bombs.

Just think how much easier to come up with mods if, as part of LFS, we could get;

caravans
tow ropes
giant inflatable footballs
giant net goals

Anyway, I did have a sort of semi-serious idea.......
Star Wars / Star Trek Mod
..... a Star Wars and/or Star Trek Mod.

Thing is, could be done by people with different levels of artistic skill, so more likely for people to be involved in, else only very small number of people (aka 'handful') would be interested. But if people could do small bits themselves to add to the experience, with a server specifically for the mod?

So instead of Cruise servers, you would have Star Wars / Star Trek servers.

The easy bit for most people;

- Make car skins to look like futuristic vehicles, whether that be rocket designs all over everything, or futuristic adverts plastered everywhere.

Bit harder, but still likely lots of people could do;

- Change trackside adverts so they're more futuristic.

Need real skill to be able to do;

- Change daylight sky to night-time sky, with stars, planets, space-stations, moons, rockets, etc.

- (Somehow) change track textures to look futuristic (maybe sky texture could be roof of spacecraft and road changed to metal floor with rivets?).

- change wheel / tyre textures to look like some sort of rocket booster thingy.
Attached images
LFS-W Jedi Night Inn.png
Some interessting ideas.
Here are some of my own:

"Pylon Collector"
Basically just build a walled-in arena on the parking lot and fill it with lots of pylons and cones.
Now all cars enter the arena and must run over as many objects as possible.
The objects take a few seconds to respawn, so players have to compete for them.
So you can not hit the same pylon, reverse and hit it again: that is too slow and does not get many points.

Score could either be kept with Insim, or simpler:
The penality-counter becomes the score-counter!

One round runs for five minutes and at the end you must leave the arena and drive over the finish line.
(The finish line is behind a ramp, so it is a one-way exit.)
If your lap-time was over than five minutes then you are disqualified.
So keep "collecting" as long as possible but not too long.

Variante might be that collected objects do not respawn, via Insim.

"Destroy enemy the cone!"
Have a soccer-style game arena, with one pylon at each end.
Two teams of cars must try to run over the enemy pylon.
If a pylon is run over, all cars must return to their start areas and next round begins.
How this plays out, would depend greatly on design/size of the arena and what extra objects are placed there.

"Capture the Flag"
Basically classic CTF gameplay, like in shooter games.
Drive over the enemy flag (a pylon) to pick it up and bring it to your own flag.
If someone rams your car, you lose the flag and it returns to its starting location.
Only problem is, how can you mark the car that is carrying the flag?
Maybe the players name just has to be displayed for everybody.

"Pacman"
A maze or other layout, with many yellow cones.
The pacman-driver must attempt to drive over all the cones.
The ghost-drivers try to stop him, if they touch him then it is game over.
Or maybe the ghosts just to slow him down, by making him spin etc?
Extra fun-factor when the ghosts accidently run othe pylons too, and so help pac-man.
Needs Insim to make rammed cones disappear forever, which as far I see is possible.
Attached images
pylon collector.jpg
Sonic
You could turn your "Pylon Collector" into Sonic, where you place walls in such a way that it forms a single route, some ramps as jumps, and pylons/cones (aka 'coins') in semi-circular, straight and other patterns, and you have to follow the route, collecting as many 'coins' as you can before you get to end of route, with LFS counting the penalties, which are converted to points or time.

Or put in multiple routes, where the driver can only go forward, and he has to get from start to finish, collecting as many coins as possible within certain time, or they are disqualified.

No reversing or turning allowed.
Attached images
LFS Sonic.jpg
LFS AU1 Sonic 2.jpg
Ennui - a feeling of listlessness and general dissatisfaction resulting from lack of activity or excitement.

I know it's only been slightly less than a month, but if even the original thread creator can't be bothered staying involved?!
Quote from sinanju :Ennui - a feeling of listlessness and general dissatisfaction resulting from lack of activity or excitement.

I know it's only been slightly less than a month, but if even the original thread creator can't be bothered staying involved?!

I allow me to add my personal views onto the table. I was talking about track mods, not new games, or autocross stuff because it is not my personal cup of tea. I already had this discussion earlier in the thread, including that I asked to to quit spamming the thread. Did you listen? Obviously not. But instead of raging and getting upset I chose to simply ignore. If you have a problem with that, why bother complaining? You've already taken over this thread, I'll even rename it for you if you like. But don't accuse me of not being involved when you were hardly on point of the target.

In other words:
Me: having a topic about NASCAR.
You: somehow brought up the Twilight movie series from thin air.

If that does not explain how I feel in the calmest manner, I don't know what will.
I've just read through all your posts on this thread, and nowhere, except your last post, does it mention NASCAR.

If it had, I'm very sure that you would have been pointed to search for "The LFS NASCAR Experiment" by Bob Smith.

It may well be there's some obscure North American cultural reference to NASCAR when you talk about My Little Pony, but as I'm from Europe, any such reference is well over my head.

As is your point about the Twilight series.

Anyway, you'll be happy to know this will be my last post on this topic.

As for your point about renaming the thread - might be worth changing it so people know it's nothing to do with 'Ideas for Track Mods and More', except in a Nascar sense?

Good luck in your future endeavors Smile

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG