The online racing simulator
My cockpit has gone wacko
(9 posts, started )
Hello,

I think I might have done something that now have messed up the cocpit view.

I tweaked the, what I thought to be, seat/view position - i drove the FOX at the time.

But when I chose any other car, the cockpit/chasis is gone, and I can instead see the front wheel and some HUD.

If I press V 5 times, it's back inside, but i have to hit V 5 times, everytime i leave the pit or strat a race.

First, what do i do to undo this?

Secondly, is there a way to adjust the seatposition so its remembered and autoselected for each car?
#2 - bbman
If I remember correctly, there should be an option where you can choose your preferred camera... Somewhere at Display, I think...
You set yourself to wheels view in the options. FYI you can shift-V and it will take you backwards in the view, which the cockpit is just before the wheels view. Go back to your view or display option ( I forget which one it is) and you will see you are in custom view. In car or something should be to the left. That will get you back to cockpit view.
Quote from r4ptor :Hello,

I think I might have done something that now have messed up the cocpit view.

I tweaked the, what I thought to be, seat/view position - i drove the FOX at the time.

But when I chose any other car, the cockpit/chasis is gone, and I can instead see the front wheel and some HUD.

If I press V 5 times, it's back inside, but i have to hit V 5 times, everytime i leave the pit or strat a race.

First, what do i do to undo this?

Secondly, is there a way to adjust the seatposition so its remembered and autoselected for each car?

looks like u set default view to something diff

Hello btw forgot yah email addy the other night and couldnt add u to msn hope u remember who i am think u was on so classic server couple nights ago
if i recall correctly, you can set the default view. but you have to customise it for each car.

i.e. i set my view to bumper cam for all cars, but then had to deselect 'draw wheels' for every car when i drove it. a little bit tedious but i couldnt see any other way.
But the great thing about it is that you can have completely different view settings for each car.
Thanks for the replies,

I did mingle with the viewing, but the thing that is confusing me is that i was only driving the fox at the time.

When i chose the fox, the view is as it should be but i see the wheel and no cockpit with every other car.

I don't recall seeing an option to do something like that, but i guess i did anyhow.

Oh well, i'll experiement with it later this evening.

Billeh:
Hi dewd, i remember you a pm is on the way.
because its set by angle and the FOX is smaller than others
You either need to change the "custom" view for all of the other cars or you need to use custom camera when driving the fox and in-car when driving the other cars. I'm too lazy to setup custom cameras for every car, so I do the latter. Because of my screen dimensions the in-car views work perfect for everything EXCEPT the MRT. If I use the in-car view for the MRT I can't see my gauges, gear selection, etc. So, I setup a custom view for that car only and just switch back and forth between in-car and custom when required.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG