The online racing simulator
SCAWEN help to CARGAME.NL
(46 posts, started )
Excellent (y)

But eehh.. Yeah what happened yesterday. Basically some activity on some secret Teamspeak which went a little bit out of control. Kyoto Oval was on and the request was to end this because too boring with GTI. Then Fern Bay black came on, was busy with other things in between but on some moment, an hour later or something my ramps weakness came up in some discussion I cant remember. Suggestion from .mikee. was to remove the hay bales in the last corner before start/finish so he could cut. That was it.. I didnt wanted to that because I am against cutting unless I am doing it myself.. But yeah...

So I decided to put some ramp in front of those haybales with a little bit of a surprise after that. Well.. That was funny.. But the track ended and South City came up. I realized that not much can be done off track to do something with South City and was in such a crazy mood to just put some ramp combination just around the corner on the high speed section just before the main straight. That didn't turn out that good, cars went out of control. But eehh yeah.. I've seen some bump'n jump video's on Youtube from the CTRA era and thought a well... Saturday afternoon.. What can possibly go wrong to get some more different racing by making it more of a sort of survival. Half of the server just kept going while the other part really got mental about this sudden changes.

Then people started to accuse .mikee. by altering the layout, everybody involved on Teamspeak where a little bit into the same boat by prentending the server had been hacked. Then Speedy came on (my main mod, good friend etc.. ) realized what was going on and put also some fuel on the fire.. And then eehh.. It got a little bit out of control resulting in the creation of this topic, trying to ram him off the track and what else..

It was a crazy hour. But eehh.. No lifes where lost or something. Why so serious every day of the year, for five years in a row. Ppfff.. Some people are really much too serious! But not so serious to participate in a good league nowadays. Thats the weird thing.

Anyway, lessons learned. Crazy ramp hour needs to be announced.
ok
Ehhh marketing trick
yea you can now write a book about cg friends quarrel, really interesting.
Why
There was nothing wrong with cones / barriers / bales being put on the track - those objects weren't on the racing line and didn't ruin anyone's racing (perhaps except that one moment when you had barriers that forced you to enter the pit lane on SO).
So yeah..perhaps next time Dave could just announce if something specific is going to happen / change during a race, otherwise you end up with people being upset for a rather silly reason. Heh, taking public racing that serious these days must be a new META!
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Is it really needed for a whole community to read about the issues that happened on one partical server?
I don't think so to be honest.
At least its LFS related, you can say it about every topic here for example other sims/games, F1 comments, furries, pony horses. If it doesn't appeal to you, you simply don't click on that particular topic.
I read dis thread, and cum to your server
Quote from cuprum :Ehhh marketing trick

hhhmm this server rather does not need advertising
Just found this thread. I came too late to server and Mike wasn't hacking anymore But otherwise it was fun especially with drunk Edgar (cuprum) He became a little mental in the end though...
R/TalesfromLFS

Anyone created this yet ?
Cus the Reddit community seems dead. In fact Zombies show more life.......

Or is it all just kept on the forum ?.

Just that, given the 'RAVE' re Occ Rift, I'd have thought that reaching out was a good choice.
Dave ur famous now.
You too by sending threat mails to the AC developer.
cargame.nl when will be next crazy ramp hour?
I have to see...! I like automation and theoretically it's possible to automatically switch to a different layout controlled by InSim or even let objects appear on the fly or on different spots dúring a race. I think it can be funny but these locations needs to be found first manually and stored.

And because LFS has quite a lot of possible track combinations it can take a lot of time to build up such a database. Maybe need to contact MTDZX stunt team to ask if they can provide some nice locations .

* And why I want it automatized? Because people in general are complainers. And if someone does it manually you get people who start to complain to the one who is doing it. Now I don't care that much but still, if a computer/machine decides something it's much quicker accepted for some kind of weird reason
Quote from cargame.nl :I have to see...! I like automation and theoretically it's possible to automatically switch to a different layout controlled by InSim or even let objects appear on the fly or on different spots dúring a race. I think it can be funny but these locations needs to be found first manually and stored.

...or have a red barrier appear slightly in front and towards the driver's side of the car, narrow edge on, just seconds before a ban

Quote from Simpson :cargame.nl when will be next crazy ramp hour?

Crazy ramp server!
Quote from cargame.nl :even let objects appear on the fly or on different spots dúring a race.

Interesting idea, actually.

Maybe you could even have objects spawning several meters in the air and landing on the track(like a stack or tyre, or a bale, or anything)? I think there used to be a tool allowing you to adjust the altitude while creating an object, not 100% sure though.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Quote from cargame.nl :even let objects appear on the fly or on different spots dúring a race.

Interesting idea, actually.

Maybe you could even have objects spawning several meters in the air and landing on the track(like a stack or tyre, or a bale, or anything)? I think there used to be a tool allowing you to adjust the altitude while creating an object, not 100% sure though.

LFS collision physics do this already.

SCAWEN help to CARGAME.NL
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG